Shaun Johnson

1. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

The fact that our whole gameplan is set around him explains our win/loss ratio. Our win ratio in the last 7 years is a clear sign we shouldnt rely on this guy for anything, while our loss ratio without him shows our coaches were morons.

The guy has been so completely over-rated. He was an enigma for the first half a season he played (which is quite common), but has been figured out completely now. He wasnt the only change that happened in mid-2011. Several players were dropped, while several shifted to 1st grade regularly. We were in a bad way until the time Brett Seymour was dropped, SJ was moved into the 7 role, Lance Hohaia was moved out of fullback for Kevin Locke, and several other changes happened. Johnson wasnt the only reason we made the big game, but his and the Warriors reputation have been riding off that half season ever since.

I look at the last 6 years of his career, rather than the first half-season, as a sign of his talents.

2. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

Lot of truth in that but his team hasnt helped him either

3. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

They arent being treated as a part of his team. They are expected to carry him until he feels like injecting himself. They have become disheartened from waiting 6 years for that moment.

4. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

TBH I have seen it as the direct opposite at times. I think we can agree he is a typical Warriors with great upsides and downsides to their game that cancel each other out.

5. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

So he won the golden boot in 2014 because he had half a good season in 2011?

Well maybe they should stop waiting and try do something themfuckingselves.
    U think this teams been carrying Johnson?
    Now I've heard it all.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  6. TripleL
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2016

TripleL 1st Grade Fringe

Oh man, take your blinders off.

7. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Come on bro.

Remember this?

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

I got mad respect for anyone to come back from such a horrific injury.

And dont forget his serious knee injury last year as well.

Its a miracle he's still playing.

8. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

My blinders that tell me this guy with 7 years in first grade still hasnt delivered on the promise we were all given. He is a strike weapon who isnt interested in striking. He is not a leader, not a playmaker, and not a player who will or can consistantly produce results. I would trade 100 Shaun Johnsons for 1 more Simon Mannering, or any other player who gives everything while on the field. I dont want a player who just goes through the motions. Im tired of 40 metre bombs to end every set. It achieves nothing but handing the ball to the opposition with room to wind up.

9. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

I would have more respect for a player who has to fight his way back to first grade after injury or form slump. Thats more to do with the coaches though.

I have no respect for anyone willing to take a massive payrise they havent earned.

10. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

I dont think the team has been carrying Johnson. I dont think this team is capable of carrying him. Other teams may. We dont have the personnel to carry anyone, yet we have a team full of players who we need to carry.

11. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

He was labouring, he looks about the least fit of anyone in the side on that performance, seen him gasping for air a few times. No surprise he was pulled from the field with 10-15 minutes to go where as Green played right through.

12. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

It's hard to train for peak condition when your eye might fall out. Although I doubt Corvo would be very sympathetic; "Get out there popeye and hit some fukn bodies. Whadya mean, blind? Just hit anything. Whaddya mean we're on the motorway? Fukn Princess."

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Is that what the dorky shades were for .... too stop his eye from falling out.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

no someone else would have had the job to do that he did. Theres still IMO way to much reliance on him as an individual and not as a team player. He is not unique, he is not a superstar, he is a good player in an average team and nothing i have seen in the last 3 years will change my mind. This year i want to see a Great Team player, not a superstar soloist. And if he cant do it get someone in who can.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

Hate to be a stick in the mud. But he copped a knock in the lead up to that try and was limping so came off. No point risking princess in a trial.

16. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Shhh!!! That doesn’t fit the “overpaid princess” narrative that’s our current scapegoat :p

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

His salary is more than good.

18. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

Isn't it remarkable - SJ lays on more try assists these days than any other player in the comp and all the self proclaimed experts on this forum can't acknowledge the value of that. All their simple little brains want to see is repeats of his 2011 Broncos try.

19. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito Warriors 1st Grader

Fuck off with this holier than thou attitude that because Johnson creates our points he is above criticism.

Everything the warriors work towards is getting the ball in Johnson’s hands in attacking positions, there has been no second option since Tomkins coming into the line, of course he is going to rack up try assists.

20. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

Nothing holier than thou and I'm not for one moment suggesting he's above criticism. I'm simply pointing out a complete lack of objectivity from some people on this particular subject.

The fact is he now provides more try assists per game than any other player in the comp. That stat might not suit some opinions on here, however it is a fact.