Simon Mannering

1. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

You realise that Shaun and Simon are now the only remains of the 2011 season? This is the rebuild. What we have now is all but a fresh team. I hate to say it, but what we need is stability and the end of constant change. It all needs to be able to evolve naturally without the constant scrapping of it all and starting over.

I have never been a real Mannering fan, but I feel his heart is far more important to the club than building a team around an under-delivering, arrogant touch player who is incapable of working within a team. He is the only change left to make. Mold him around the team or cut him out like cancer. But Simon needs to remain at least as a symbol of the better times, and of what level of commitment is needed.

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Mate you are very hard to please. You will like Brian Smith then.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

Im not a hater of Simon. He just has a lack of attacking spark in him. I, like many, have always been more favourable to our attacking weapons, as points are an issue for us. As a defender, he is spectacular, while as an attacking force, he can kill our momentum. But he is a true work horse. I favoured Michael Luck as a lock as he knew he had no chance with the ball within 20m of the line, while Simon still lives in hope.

4. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Maybe if he didnt have to make 50 tackles a game he would be more useful on attack.
    Its hard to say for sure .
    But we look a lot worse when he doesn't play .
    I hope he goes one more year .at least .He's my favourite warrior
    By a long shot .Followed by Cleary an Francis Meli .

5. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

Mannering had a decent attacking game when he was younger. Topping the nrl tackle count every year because he plays for a bunch of trash has 100% worn him down. Feel sorry for the bloke more than anything. Any other team he would have another 3 odd years in him.

6. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

The Kiwi version of the great Ray Price

7. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

I dont really get your logic. Why would you think the rebuild started in 2011 when we were actually winning, The rebuild is for the present. This team isnt fresh, its stale. They are bringing in mediocre players, the forward pack doesnt have a front row, the back line is weak, the back row is the position where the Warriors actually look like they might have some future players but those players need a chance.

Without Mannering it forces other players to step up, if they cant step up and find a way of managing the defensive load then they are out. We shouldnt be reliant on one mans defence to win.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Yes and who is going to do the tackling when he has gone?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

Im not saying the rebuild started in 2011. Im saying we have rehashed the entire team, coach and administration since 2011. None of these guys were involved in one of our better times. They dont know how to win or how to care. Simon should remember and be able to get the thirst into them.

Its not a new thing to have one man doing all our defensive work. Before Mannering had the role, it was Luck.

10. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Sorry brother, they played together, we had two of them tackling and were finalists, WTF is going to happen without Mannering is frightening.:eek:

11. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

We had Luck through the middle. Simon had a little more to his game than he is able to with 50 - 60 tackles a match. When Luck was pulling down 50 - 70 players a game, Simon was only relied on for 30ish tackles and could concentrate on just looking after a dodgey halfback and centre, instead of 12 weak tacklers. He even had an offload back then. A few tries too.

12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

As a replacement for Simon Mannering? Yes.

13. Magic Johnson
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Magic Johnson Warriors Bench Player

I don’t think we’d be giving Mannering the flick to get Papalii, if Mannering retires or leaves then we need to sign a quality replacement, A current SOO regular is a pretty good place to start, not that I think he’d come here but we’d be nuts if we didn’t make a serious play with or without Mannering on board. Papalii can play anywhere in the pack bar hooker and Mannering covers plenty of spots also

14. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Yes, and it needs to be a bloody good one. Mannering is one of the most under rated forwards in the NRL.

15. Warrior482
    Join:
    Oct 12, 2012

Warrior482 1st Grade Fringe

Can he play centre?

16. ttkk19
    Join:
    Sep 21, 2013

ttkk19 1st Grade Fringe

nah Tapine's more of a lock/second rower type, too big for the centres

17. ForTheLoveOfGod
    Join:
    Sep 5, 2017

ForTheLoveOfGod 1st Grade Fringe

Mannering and Luck - the most boring and ineffective backrow in Warriors history. Warriors play better football without Mannering because he flat out offers nothing with ball in hand. He can defend but that is all, not a leader of men rather a marketing construct created by Warriors HQ that failed.

18. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

I remember those dark days when we had luck and Mannering stinking up the backrow.
    We used to have to play in this stupid thing called "the finals" every year.
    Boy did that suck the kumara.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 15
    • Like Like x 11
    • List
  19. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Tapine was one standout in the Kiwis campaign this year. He would be an ideal replacement for Mannering.

20. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Him or Isaeah Yeo. He's a clone I'm sure.