Player Discussion Stephen Kearney V2.0

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by BeastMode, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Yes

2. Undecided

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kavafred
    Join:
    Jul 26, 2013

kavafred NSW Cup Player

Yeah it seems more like the really little things are holding this team back. Things like when you make a cover tackle on an overlap out wide our guys think they have done enough in making that tackle but you watch some of the really good players they are straight back on their feet looking for a way to shut down the play if needed. Also, on attack things like anticipation is badly lacking. Seen so many times when someone puts a player into a gap/half gap and thinks "job done" rather than getting up in support in case an extra pass is needed. If one of our boys makes a clean break he almost always looks like he has to wait for support to arrive rather than a couple of players up with him on either side which just kills the movement off. I was guilty of this myself sometimes when i played. Lolohea did something that highlights this when the tigs played the Eels where he got found out on D and Para had an overlap and he gave up instead of sliding across to cover Radradra and cost them a try. Just looks like those small "effort" plays we seem unwilling/unable to do and in an 80 minute game it all adds up i reckon.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List

2. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

I would rather play the guys in reserve grade who go out and have a crack than the supposedly the more talented
    players in FG. By playing the reserve graders it would send a message to the FG that your position is not
    guaranteed. Drop the useless fuckers for the rest of the season, what have we got to lose

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  3. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

Come on, this is actually a good sign. SK is slowly being more honest with the fans.
    Its a step in the right direction

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Hes been saying that he is going to swing changes from early part of this season. All idle threats. Why keep on suggesting players are going to be dropped 'after i review the game' and then doing nothing. Surely you cannot be suggesting that there are only 17 players worthy of playing first grade at this club. CNK case in point. He has shown more heart and performances than Kata or Fusitua all season. How come these players werent so shit last season? All points to Kearney.

Good luck getting SK to change from being the most stubborn coach this club has ever seen. Look forward to him admitting he was wrong - because it will never happen.

• List
  5. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

What does Foran have to do to get dropped. His form has been rubbish. His not part of the future so why bother

I would rather see a young bloke in there whose not negotiating his next contract while playing for us.
    If he wants to go to the Dogs now let him go. His contributed fuck all

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  6. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

I thought that as well, but he isn't actually going anywhere until his new contract gets approved.
    Do you think they have 17? That is better than I thought. Seriously though the success of Mason Lino shows he should have been given more opportunity, but that goes way back before Kearney.

• List
  7. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

More spin from Doyle & Kearney, just trying to make excuses around the squad now. You cant tell me, Satae, Alwood, CNK, Santo are not worth a shot at first grade at this stage of the season. Kearney is a stubborn idiot. Does anyone believe he will drop players next year if we lose the first 6 games in a row?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  8. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

Dead right. Doe's a first grader have to die before he is dropped. CNK and Lino have proved him wrong. Others would probably do the same if given a chance. Souths seem to be going ok lately with a host of new players.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

9. manunonu
    Join:
    Jun 13, 2015

manunonu NSW Cup Player

we had the chance hes now coaching the tigers.

• List
  10. Harlz
    Join:
    Aug 15, 2013

Harlz 1st Grade Fringe

I've changed my stance since he's not going to be held accountable for what he said post match. Sack him and bring in the next best available coach Hasler. On to the next process yeah? Using the player depth is an excuse because we have a top 4 NSWC roster killing it every week!

11. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

His team is below Kearney's and he has pushed his club over the salary cap, no thanks. We had the opportunity to take Ivan Cleary and didn't, Kearney is the next best option. Toovey would upset too many sensitive souls.

• List
  12. JoeyJohns
    Join:
    Mar 29, 2016

JoeyJohns Warriors Bench Player

You're talking about Des Hasler. A coach whose taken his teams to finals footy ever year since he debuted as an NRL coach in 2005.
    That's 12 seasons straight, less this one. Yeah I suppose we should question the present not the past, but most employers would called that an impressive resume.

• List
  13. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

True but he leaves a club a mess in order to do so.
    The cap scandal at Many was under his watch, and may not be over..

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • List
  14. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Part here to note in regards to SKs time at parra.

Hindy suggesting Hayne was responsible for the coaching dysfunction there

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• List
  15. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Ask Graham Lowe, he was his CEO at Manly.

16. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

I have a feeling Des's style of coaching what ever that may be has had its use by date. Tim Sheens who was
    the coach of one of the best attacking teams we've ever seen, bombed out badly once he left the Raiders.

While it's true in the past he's been successful he is also the master of that cluster fuck called back ended contracts. Manly and now the Dogs. Besides this how the fuck does anyone understand what he's saying.
    Seems to make sounds, not words.

• List
  17. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Tim Sheens had a salary cap rorting team at the Raiders so going to the Cowboys was always going to be a big ask.

Graham Lowe as CEO had a lot of trouble with Des Hasler at Manly. What it was about I don't know but there were questions as to how he was going to get on with Raelene Castle at the Dogs. We got that answer, he went over her head.

18. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

That's pretty unfair - Sheens first coached the Raiders to the title in 1989 when Daley and Clyde were still teenagers and Walters, Lazarus and Stuart were yet to play rep football.

• List
  19. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I meant later on after 1989. He did wonders with that team in 1989. They came from nowhere to make the finals. I was referring to his lack of success at North Queensland. I think if he had come to the Warriors the club would have been much better off.

20. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Sheens also won a premiership with the tigers in 2005.

• List