Player Discussion Stephen Kearney V2.0

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by BeastMode, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Yes

2. Undecided

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

They weren't a salary cap rorting team in a sense that they systemstically broke the cap and tried to hide it. They were a little careless. Nothing like a rort.

3. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Heyzeuss spare me, we are arguing about what a rort is now? WTF give it a break. That was an amazing season in 1989. I remember that win against Easts that started the streak. Ivan Henjak was on fire. Peter Sterling said they were the strongest side they had played agaisnt that season.

4. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Rorting is systematically circumventing the cap to gain an advantage. They did no such thing.

They went over the cap based on bonuses they weren't expecting to pay.

Disregarding Sheens ability as a coach based on that is not only foolish, but not surprising.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Your constant ignorance isn't me stirring up trouble, but ignorance is bliss I suppose.

If you want the door closed do it yourself. I'm not your butler.

6. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Door has closed on brucebruce after constant personal attacks. Please enjoy your bruce-free zone in this thread.

Be warned he can still post in other threads...for now anyway.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  7. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

Ash so nice and peaceful here now
    I always kinda liked Sheens and he had that tigers team playing to Benjis strengths, which are the same as our strengths with SJ. It's a long shot to play like that and win a GF but its a lot more fun to watch and not as long a shot as being the best team at holding the ball for a set of 6 but doing nothing with it and expecting to win the comp.
    So I would take Tims way over SKs anyday

• List
  8. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah Tim Sheens realised that with Benji and Scotty Prince he had a couple of attacking geniui abely backed up
    by some real solid players . That style of play blew most of the other teams away. Everything they touched turned
    to gold. "That pass" who does that in a GF and gets away with it.
    The stars were all aligned that year for the Tiges. Unfortunately it was too hard to replicate over the next few years.

9. ttkk19
    Join:
    Sep 21, 2013

ttkk19 1st Grade Fringe

I can't believe what I've been hearing on this forum lately.

'I'd rather we went back to low percentage jungle footy than focus on completions'.

People have been saying the new style is boring and ineffective. Of course it's boring and ineffective! Because we suck at it! That's why we're doing it! To get better! You can't just click into gear and turn into a well oiled machine after a few months. Building the right foundation takes time and man-power. We've had neither.

We've got a coach who's only been in the job 10 months and a team of poorly managed rookies; veterans who are low on confidence and Mannering. I don't know why tf everyone's expecting immediate results. We knew when we sacked Cappy that we'd be in it for the long haul.

And I hate to break it to you but sacking Kearney won't change a thing. Any coach we bring in will just strip the club back and do exactly the same stuff! Build the foundations, drill the basics, focus on the 1%ers, sign a bunch of honest, hard-working players.

Yeah I get it, it's been a tough year. Another tough year. IMO we've hit rock bottom, I can't see us getting any worse than we were this year... in fact I can see us getting a lot better.

With more time and better personnel we really should start to improve. That's my honest opinion... and no I'm not SK :cool:.

#letsgone
    #brocess
    #keepthefaith

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

The high completion rates aren't the problem. The problem is we can't defend for shit.

High completion grinding football is about applying pressure and wearing the opposition down, but if you can't defend then pressure doesn't build.

Until we learn to defend it won't matter what type of footy we play with the ball in hand.

• List
  11. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

I agree with everything you said, I just think Kearney should start dropping some of these guys to reserve grade and blooding other players, we can't make the 8 so why bother with Foran, Hoffman Matulino?

12. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

SK doesnt believe anyone in reserve grade is worthy of playing first grade regardless of how much effort the first grade players give.

• List
  13. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

That's unacceptable to me, you need to instil belief in our reserves that there is a path to first grade, also the top team need to learn that mediocraty will not be tolerated, ffs didn't Kearney learn this shit of Bellache and Bennett?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. ttkk19
    Join:
    Sep 21, 2013

ttkk19 1st Grade Fringe

Can't say I like that idea tbh.

Our side is already really light on experience, most of the guys we have now (Lisone, Bunty, Maumalo, Roache, Papalii and Lino) are still being 'blooded' themselves. If we bring in even more rookies I honestly think we'll get torn to pieces and their confidence will be ruined.

Also, I don't think a team should just throw in the towel as soon as they fall out of finals contention. Ofcourse you're gonna bring in a new player or two and try a few new combinations but you still need to keep building and try to put few a wins on the board. Otherwise everything you worked towards for most of the season will just get thrown out the door.

Foran, Hoffman, Matulino etc. don't leave until the season ends. Until then they're still our players, therefore we should get as much out of them as we can. All of their experience, leadership, skill, everything. That means putting them out there on the field so they can bring these other guys through and teach them the ropes on the run.

What good would it be to bring through a whole bunch of rookies if they're not gonna learn anything? Lose 62-0? No problem, you know what first-grade is like now. 9 straight losses to end the season? All good, you guys should be up to speed.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  15. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

I just hope the senior guys step up and try before they go.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Sheens developed game plans to suit the strengths of the squads he had. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't.
    Kearney thinks it's one size fits all and all we have to do is copy Melbourne. That's never gonna work here.

• List
  17. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

Is that because our team are a bunch of lazy slackers with no league brain?

18. Tim burgess
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

Tim burgess 1st Grade Fringe

Sheen had some quality leaders in his squad, some of them were once in a generation type players eg Daley, Clyde, Meninga, Steve Walters, Lazarus

19. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Yes.

Hold on were u referring to our players or our coaching staff?

Doesn't matter- either way- yes.

20. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

You would like to think the experienced guys would lead the way and put in big time. Clearly some are not so they
    don't deserve to playing FG.
    They are offering nothing in terms of leadership, skill etc. If they had we wouldn't be in this shitty position
    Why continue to pick Foran when obviously he doesn't give a flying fuck for his team mates, he's already at Belmore.
    FG is also a reward for the ISP players who are consistently putting in week after week
    Are our experienced group doing this?. So why bother with them anymore

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017