Player Discussion Stephen Kearney V2.0

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by BeastMode, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Yes

2. Undecided

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Jordan G Warriors 1st Grader

I don't have a strong opinion on SK at the moment but fuck me I hated the "guys aren't trying but there's nobody else line". If 5 players aren't trying and you are replacing them with 5 who are you're already making an improvement regardless of any other factor.

Having said that SK is a Bellamy/Bennett coach so it wouldn't surprise me if that line was for the media and the real reason he won't make changes yet is kept in house.

At least I hope....

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List

2. ttkk19
    Join:
    Sep 21, 2013

ttkk19 1st Grade Fringe

I thought Matulino had his best game of the year last week. Foran hasn't been getting the results but has definitely been trying. Luke's obviously lucky to still be in the 17 but considering our other options there really isn't any other option. We need another hooker on the bench.

3. Dave Brough
    Join:
    Jan 24, 2014

Dave Brough Warriors Bench Player

We already have 2 hookers on the bench,and now you want a 3rd. Great idea

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. ttkk19
    Join:
    Sep 21, 2013

ttkk19 1st Grade Fringe

Whoops, meant a hooker on the bench. As in Luke.

5. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Kearney will be here as long as it takes apparently.

That will please many.

• List
  6. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

As long as what takes?

• List
  7. Waiting For Premiership
    Join:
    Jun 11, 2012

Waiting For Premiership 1st Grade Fringe

The " God, damn jesus, fuck me dead PROCESS ......wake up to the great SK!!!

8. mjak123
    Join:
    Sep 8, 2013

mjak123 Warriors Bench Player

SK will be a MSS for as long as it takes!!!!!

Will if his team play the boring, gutless no winning style his results have shown so far he will be playing in an empty MSS

9. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

None of us know. We're not privy to the process, but as long as it takes appears to be the end game of the process.

10. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

NZ Herald - 'Stephen Kearney - I'LL BE HERE AS LONG AS IT TAKES'

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Deluded fucking cunt.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  11. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

As long as it takes for improvement or for management to lose patience and fire him.

I expect that will be 2 years and will end with Kearney not being given a contract extension. We might even get the spoon in that time. Kearney was a terrible coaching appointment imo.

Kearneys appointment was based on his performance with the Kiwis, they gave him the winning Kiwis spine and he failed. Next year they have a worse roster, they arent signing anyone new and they are re-signing the same players who have failed for years.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  12. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

And it's only fair that they go with him. The Kiwi spine was a fantasy that was never going to bear fruit regardless of coach. Not with this team in its current state.

• List
  13. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

I would love to watch Kearneys press conferences from the start of his time at the Eels, and the ones from his brilliant first season in charge of the Warriors, i have a feeling they'd be eerily similar.
    Couldn't watch the game where i am but it sounds like another master class from a Kearney coached NRL team....is it too soon to start throwing i told ya so's around?

14. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

Huh? Most of the points he talks about are correct

15. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

i have always been big on when the players take the field its up to them to do the job

but kearney is doing my head in with not changing this side, and thats solely with him, yes i know we have injuries but c'mon, the side was better with Fus in the Centres, CNK on the wing and Kate gooooooone.

7 coaches in 7 years perhaps..atleast were consistent !!

16. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

With the new owner? I still maintain Kearney is not the major problem and needs a fair go. I would like to know what Mannering, RTS and SJ think. If I were the new owner I would be asking them. Considering that SK's agent is mates with the new owner he probably already knows.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  17. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

He had a fair go this year.
    He's had the Kiwi spine this year.
    First wooden spoon in the club's history, and yes you have to go.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  18. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

This.

It boggles my mind that you cant see this Bruce.

SK is not the answer to our problems. He's has a full season and taken this club backwards

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  19. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Like I said I would like to know what the senior players think. That will probably become obvious with the new owner, whoever that might me. if they don't want him he will be gone for sure. What I think won't have anything to do with it.

20. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

But the central problem is no-one on here - including me - knows who's the coach to take the club forward. Am I being overly negative by saying WB and CM would never come if an offer was made? Maybe, but given our lack of signing "elite" (I mean elite as in "was an integral part of a premiership winning side") rugby league folk since 1993, I think history is on my side. KC, RTS and IL won GFs, yes, but were they all integral to their sides winning seasons?

The Kiwis spine thing, yeah, but how many tough games have they actually played as a unit and won? 3/4 of the Kiwis spine (Thomas, Shaun, Isaac) couldn't beat Scotland last year.

We're in a suck and see situation until we finally get a coach and players who consistantly take the club to finals football.

And SK's safe from the Wooden Spoon for me, too close for a club of our - alleged - quality (on paper, so what?), though. But we gave Cleary a second chance after 2009 and look how that turned out...

I just hope the new owner doesn't think he can step in like OG apparantly did and tell the NRL what fixtures they'd play (IIRC that was a rumour floating around at the time in 2012-ish when OG wanted to buy a Super Rugby team, he wanted to tell Sanzaar who's boss).

• List