1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

2. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I realize Chris Satae will never be fit enough to play in the NRL, because it's just fucken impossible for a 24 year old to increase his fitness. #angrysarc

But if by some miracle he was fit, I'd like to see him as a starting prop. His strength is his strength. You can read that both ways. But he's like an aircraft carrier, he needs some smaller, more agile forwards around him to tighten up the defence.

So in the early exchanges his job is to soften up the halfbacks and knock over the opposition props.

You wouldn't want 3 guys just like him out at the same time... But I reckon having him in the middle with Lillyman and Mannering is a great combination for attack and defence...

Then sub Mutts and Gavet for the second spell and we'll crush every first half for the rest of the season..

I'm just dreaming ATM. Cause Gavet has a broken arm and it's impossible for warriors players to improve their fitness...

Then in the second half I'd sub Lillyman back on with P Sipley hitting it fresh for the last 20...

Time we started winning some of these forward battles..

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  3. The Truth
    Join:
    Jun 17, 2013

The Truth 1st Grade Fringe

When we have a coach who likes to use one of our bench players for only 10mins a game. Who cares about fitness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Brox001
    Join:
    May 16, 2015

Brox001 Warriors Bench Player

At least he's using him....how many games did McFadden leave Ayshford on the bench for 80minutes last year?

5. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Why would it be impossible? He should be playing 40-60 minutes in 2-3 years if he goes hard and continues to play 1st grade. Even continued 80 minute games in ISP with the odd fresher game in NRL will keep his development on track...

6. Brox001
    Join:
    May 16, 2015

Brox001 Warriors Bench Player

I think he was being sarcastic....hence the hashtag

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

I think you're giving Jonno far too much credit ;)

8. adalu239
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2013

adalu239 1st Grade Fringe

1st grade quality

9. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

Me or Satae?:p

If you mean Satae then I totally agree... He doesn't just bend the line, he folds it into interesting shapes and then gives it back to the opposition as a souvenir...;)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

48:25mins

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

11. Jwoodzy02
    Join:
    Nov 14, 2015

Jwoodzy02 1st Grade Fringe

What?

12. Weno
    Join:
    Nov 3, 2012

Weno 1st Grade Fringe

Big game for Satae.
    Excited to see him get another chance and try keep Lisone out.

Just needs to do his job and build his game time by the game.
    All the extras should come with confidence as he grows in first grade.

Its up to our man to do so.

Might not need a big bad prop if this young man can produce.

13. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Just needs game time IMO we need a giant .Napa an Latrell were dominant last week an the rest of their team fed off it .Paasi took the challenge an was hearty but we need one big mofo just to give us some presence on the field ..Ahmau? Tapau he'd do it

14. wizards rage
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2016

wizards rage Warriors Bench Player

Looking good for Satae getting a decent stretch in first grade. With the coaches stating our 3 loses are because we were outmuscled and lacked physicality, Lisone is out and Satae has been bought in to help with this.

15. Otto Sump
    Join:
    Aug 4, 2015

Otto Sump Warriors Bench Player

Satae set to knock back Storm, stay with Warriors
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    June 13, 2018 - 3:20 pm
    The 25-year old prop will stay in New Zealand.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    ROTORUA, NEW ZEALAND - FEBRUARY 17: Chris Satae of the Warriors charges forward during the NRL trial match between the New Zealand Warriors and the Melbourne Storm at Rotorua International Stadium on February 17, 2018 in Rotorua, New Zealand. (Photo by Hannah Peters/Getty Images)

Warriors prop Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. will remain with Link has been hidden. Please Register to view., knocking back the Storm’s lucrative offer to play in Melbourne

Satae has been tabled a three-year deal from the reigning premiers, but clauses in his contract may permit him to stay with the Warriors next season.

One of those clauses is due to Satae playing his fifth game for the season off the bench this Friday against the Cowboys. Another clause guarantees him an upgraded deal in 2019 if he plays 10 games this season.

The Warriors are yet to offer the 25-year old an extension beyond the 2019 season.

Satae’s agent Dixon McIver says his client is faced with a difficult decision, considering the opportunities the Storm are offering.

“There is a three-year offer that is a very good and secure offer for him and his family,” McIver told Link has been hidden. Please Register to view..

“The Warriors did have the opportunity to take Chris up prior to round 13, which they never activated, hence him being in this lull period at the moment until the fifth game clause is activated.

“These are the twilight years of his career and he can’t be just a bench player going forward when he has the chance to be a starting player and he will develop into a much better prop than what you see now.”

Any one know anymore about this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018
  16. Navigator
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Navigator 1st Grade Fringe

Not yet according to the new zealand hearald.
    Promising front rower Chris Satae is set to remain at the Warriors next season despite a lucrative offer to join the Melbourne Storm.

The 25-year-old has been weighing up whether to accept a three-year deal with the reigning premiers but the Warriors have no intention of letting go of one of their most promising forwards.

The 1.92 metre 115 kilo powerhouse has been named to make his fifth appearance of the season off the bench in Friday's clash against the Cowboys in Townsville, which will activate a clause in his contract that will keep him at the Warriors for another year.

Another clause promises Satae an upgraded deal for 2019 if he goes on to feature in 10 games this season, but the Warriors are yet to make an offer to extend his contract beyond next season.

Despite being commited to the Warriors, Satae's agent Dixon McIver says his client faces some tough decisions, with the offer from Melbourne promising better financial security and the chance to become a regular NRL starter as a replacement for departing Storm prop Tim Glasby.

"There is a three-year offer that is a very good and secure offer for him and his family," said McIver.

"The Warriors did have the opportunity to take Chris up prior to round 13, which they never activated, hence him being in this lull period at the moment until the fifth game clause is activated.

"These are the twilight years of his career and he can't be just a bench player going forward when he has the chance to be a starting player and he will develop into a much better prop than what you see now."

A move across the Tasman would also make life easier for the father of three and his partner, with both of their families living in Australia.

"A lot of decisions that Chris has to make involve the wellbeing and security of his family going forward," said McIver.

"With all of his family and his partners living in Australia and none here, there's a lack of support.

"These are determining factors in Chris' choices as to whether he does remain or goes."

Senior Warriors forward and unofficial Kiwis leader Adam Blair has taken Satae under his wing this season and hopes he is able to carve out a long career at the Penrose-based club.

"Chrissy has got a really bright future so I'll most probably go and have a word with him to see where his head is at," said Blair.

"He feels comfortable in having a chat to me and I'm just here to listen and guide more than telling him what to do. It's more about making him feel comfortable with his surroundings and how he plays and backing himself.

"And that's the key for the Warriors, trying to keep our players here and not letting them go. We don't want to lose our players to any Australian teams, because sometimes they get away and end up becoming really good players and NRL stars.
    Warriors forward weighing up Storm offer
    Check out this story from the NZ Herald Android App
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

17. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

His agent is laying it on a bit thick calling these his twilight years at age twenty five.

Still it is a moot point since these are the years where he comes into his prime...too valuable to risk by making the wrong decision in any case.

Ironic hearing Blair talk about keeping talent at the Warriors and sometimes they get away...go on to be NRL Stars...he himself was a bit of a name at Melbourne.

Reading that his family are in Australia....that would seal the deal if I were him...I would be biting Melbourne's hand off....I mean taking the Warrior patch off....it is a hell of an opportunity.

Nothing like interest from the Storm to raise your chances of selection at the Warriors eh ?

Good ! last time I checked we were bleeding players like Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

That bloke only got one game...as did Paasi....at least with Chris we are getting a look at what he has first.

18. TripleL
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2016

TripleL 1st Grade Fringe

Fucking weird quotes from his manager! ‘Twilight years’ ?!?!?
    No personal information but doubt the three years of the storm would be fully guaranteed.
    Anyway seems like good news for the warriors.

19. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Since when did 25 become the twilight years for a prop??

20. Rick O'Shay
    Join:
    May 1, 2013

Rick O'Shay 1st Grade Fringe

Why do the majority of managers come across as Dipshits?

If he wants to stay here, there will be personal reasons for it unless the Storm deal was a dog.