General Discussion The Lighter Side of League

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Miket12, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

I read this thing about Mango. Awesome. Well done Warriors for visiting. Thats a cracker place, full of silly union lubbers - turn them and theyll be loyal for life - for sure. I tried to comment, some computer said I couldnt then another said I should be SCARED about computer attack. I say fuck off. Fucken antivirus bullshit. They just want me to get scared and buy another pick up so I can make China/ America / Indonesia great again. Fuckers

2. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Once watching one of the games before our we were watching from behind the posts. A rainy day and this guy gets a break and dives for the line gets up to celebrate and show off how he slid on the wet surface. He then gets tackled. Problem was he dived on the 20 metre line.

3. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

Found this online :

The time the Warriors sneakily beat Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. by default
    In 1995 both the Brisbane Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. and Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. Warriors pledged allegiance to Super League, but they were still contractually obliged to play out the 1996 season. The SL-aligned clubs all agreed to forfeit their ARL matches for the start of the season at least, meaning that round one of the then Optus Cup featured no-shows from Penrith, Cronulla, Canberra and Perth. Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. and North Queensland’s game went down as cancelled, because neither showed up, which should have been the same for the Warriors and Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. in Brisbane. However, the Warriors changed their minds at the last minute and submitted a team made up of non-SL contracted Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. club players, guaranteeing a forfeit from the Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. and 2 competition points. It didn’t help them in the long run: the Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. ended up making the semi-finals while the Warriors missed the playoffs altogether.

4. Wigan Warrior
    Join:
    May 23, 2012

Wigan Warrior 1st Grade Fringe

Goulding and Mike Ford both played 7 against the Kiwis.

Probably Goulding.

5. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

Bobby Goulding got into a bit of strife at Cin cin resturant in Akld , now Botswana Butchery.

6. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

He gets into strife wherever he goes tbh. Gets some drink inside him and he goes beserk. Mind you, my Grandad always reckoned Alex Murphy was exactly the same.

7. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

I've played this sport in a lot of small towns, some little forestry towns.

One thing that used to make me laugh was going to park your car and some cheeky kids are standing in the car park with a bucket demanding money as you need to pay to park. A lot of the time in a paddock.

Get told we need to park to come to the ground. Need to point out to them that we are here to play without us they are just waving a bucket around in a paddock.

8. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

Back in the Lion Red Cup days my mates Bay of Plenty Stags had a rare TV appearance on the old half an hour highlights packages. I sit down and watch the game thinking sweet he's playing. He gets on and I notice he is wearing a different jersey to the one listed at the start.

My mate scores from short range and they mention the guy who was supposed to be wearing that jersey. I think to myself he's finally on TV and they mention someone else. Later the guy he swaps with goes the length of the field and Dale Husband is yelling my mates name like he's the fastest guy on earth (reality he's a front rower 110kg+). I laugh as now he really has a story that he scored and can extend it that he went the length of the field as he gets older.

On commentary Dale Husband states that they have been informed the two player swapped Jerseys. He also mentions my mate being a big boy. At the next scrum the camera focuses on my mate and Dale Husband yells "<insert name> the big blondie, his mum loves him". Being well fed and all.

I lived out of town at this time so it took a week to see my mate. I yell "The big blondie his mum loves him". I get "dude, ease off man I've been getting it all week" followed by uncomfortable silence as I've been waiting to give it to him. Then the conversation goes.

Him "What did you say"
    Me "The big blondie his mum LOVES HIM"
    Him laughing "Me and everyone else thought he said his mao lao sim"

To this day if I hear Dale Husband on commentary I get a bit of a chuckle and my mate might get a cheeky text.;)

9. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

The kicking penalties thread reminded me of this one.

I filled in for our reserves one year. Travel to our game and find out not only am I filling in but adding me gets us to 9 or 11 players. Of course our opposition has a full team plus reserves.

Anyway game starts and we manage to get some field position. Our reserves coach who needs to play takes a drop kick. 1-0. The justification was being short of players we need to take the points when they are offer and it also uses up some time. All good so far.

We end up losing by 40 points.:oops:

My mate who brought me in to help was warming up for his game comes up to me and laughs. "Looks like a hard day, you guys got smashed." "Did you not even score".

Me "Yeah we got a drop kick"
    All I hear is more laughter "You lost 40-1"

I'm still not sure if kicking that field goal was a good thing or not. Maybe losing by nil would of been better.