General Discussion The Warriors Fail Again - Because of Reasons or Excuses?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mrblonde, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Rilakkuma
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Rilakkuma 1st Grade Fringe

We have been failing because our training and fitness staff were inexperienced. We have finally recruited an expert so I would expect this will have a huge flow on effect on many other areas that we suck in!

Training harder, smarter and stricter will improve the culture. In the past players would come here and get worse under out lazy culture! Now, when players come here they will at least remain at the level of an NRL player.

There are other areas that still need to be looked at, but in my opinion, this was the number one major problem of the past few years!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

2. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

More deluded optimism

3. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Sweet dreams sleeping beauty.

You're going to be out a long time.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Finally!! after 20 odd years of misery you found the answer to all our problems?!

Yipee!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Rilakkuma
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Rilakkuma 1st Grade Fringe

Delusional or not
    Who would you rather have

Balen Cupples - Wests Tigers 2012 Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. team's strength and conditioning coach.

Or

Alex Corvo - Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.' fitness trainer in 2001. Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.'s head of performance between 2002 until 2013. A Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. between 2009 and 2015.
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. in 2014 as their head of strength and conditioning. Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. for the Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. and Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

I`m no expert. But, it sounds like you two need a hug!;)

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  6. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

most of those guys are backup players, thats like naming the reserve grade team from 2002.. if there was one.

The Warriors starters this year were 2 rep props, rep hooker,rep back rower, rep lock, rep halfback, rep standoff, rep fullback then the centres and wings (and I dont think Kata and Fusitua qualify as inexperienced anymore or the likes of Lisone, Vete, Gavet, Sao or Gubb)

So that is a full team that should have performed better than they did

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  7. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

All those players I listed played NRL at the back end of the year the excuse was players aren't up to NRL standard some are making out like that fact should be irrelevant which is nonsense.

It was the Kiwi spine being spruiked more than anything else, the realists noted that the pack was bottom 8 and Vanilla in flavour in fact there were clear concerns around the balance across the entire roster. When the spine managed to all player together it was behind a malfunctioning forward pack and the rest is history.

The thing about our rep forwards is that their ex-rep players the point being they're no longer good enough to be selected, I thought how Gavet performed showed just how ordinary they were ... and the fact they've all been moved on speaks volumes.

Agree that we should've been better than 14th there were a few games we should've closed out Panthers/Parra/Manly but definitely not top 8.

• List
  8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Why, the NRL ladder says we got 14th, end of story, I will be surprised if we do any better next year. That is unless Vete and Lisone transform into genuine first graders in the off season. 1,2,3 hold your breath.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List

9. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

Aww C'mon your not going to self flagellate all preseason are ya, save some skin for next season mate, just think no more Blake Green means more coin for a couple of meter eating ham-fisted rock apes!

• List
  10. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Which would make a hell of a difference to players like Lino and Ata.

• List
  11. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

Don't you mean Tohu??

12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

No. Ata and Lino would be different players behind a decent pack.

• List
  13. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

Sorry mate thought I detected a hint of sarcasm ... of course what half doesn't like a bit more time and space to show their wares.

14. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

Saw some stats around the performance of our pack the other day, the meterage was down as you'd expect but the alarming stat was meter's made by the opposition which got worse as the games went on.

It points to the lack of aggression in the tackle as players get tired and the eventual loss of control around opposition ruck speed, in response to that we've recruited more aggressive forwards and Alex Corvo. I don't think the problems we face are lost on Kearney.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  15. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Absolutely not.

16. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

We can argue all day about whether the coaches statements after each loss are a valid reason or an excuse. The key thing is what are the reasons/excuses for this year and what are being done to fix them?

If we hear the same things next year the coaching and management staff have obviously failed. I may cop it if every single player in a specific position goes down with a season ending injury or something.

We have been in this rut since 2012. At some point the fixes from the previous season need to show some results.

• List
  17. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

So if the Warriors want to win and do everything they can to get that, you're happy with any explanation they give after the loss? I'm in that camp...Not saying I'm Team Kearney or Team Anybody just Team Play Like You Give A Crap...

• List
  18. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

Anderson and Cleary were coaching appointments with no first grade coaching record or coaching expectation (especially Cleary in 2006 starting at -4 competition points, thank you Wayne, fuck the season up before Game 1....). Kearney, forget his crap Eels record, had the 2008 World Cup and 2010 and 2014 Four Nations victories in his coaching bank that IMO excessively made some folk "here we go NRL Finalists!"

• List
  19. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

Cleary coached the roosters reserve grade to a premiership and was considered the best up and coming coach at the time, he was a great signing

• List
  20. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Reasons why we fail.

1. We have a complete inability to play players in the position that their physical talent is best suited for.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Warriors wingers must be able to do 15 hit ups a game.:banghead:

• List