General Discussion Warriors Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by JT1971, Jul 17, 2017.

1. JT1971
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2015

JT1971 Waterboy

Warriors Collectors Thread

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    I just seen this for sale on trademe. Does anyone know the era of this supporters jersey?
    I'm intrigued. TIA. JT

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2018

2. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay 2018

Looks really strange. I believe Warriors had moved from DB Bitter to Vodafone as their major sponsor by the time the tongue of the warriors logo was straightened. If real, id guess its around 98/99 seasons. mt.wellingtonmt.wellington will probably know it!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Really weird one that doesn't seem to fit anywhere
    Nike years 97-99
    NRL badge came in 98
    Vodafone replaced DB Bitter in 99
    Straight tongue logo came in 2000 with first puma jersey

4. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

I think it came from the Wong Jersey Factory based in the Chinese province of Kountifit

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. The Cheap Seats
    Join:
    May 18, 2015

The Cheap Seats 1st Grade Fringe

Is it just me, or does the 'DB Bitter" logo look photo shopped?

Trolled.

6. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Brilliant breakdown.

Didn't wanna talk about it as I was trying not to add hype to the auction lol. Lost it anyway once I stopped at $700. Saw a pic of it once the buyer received it and I'm glad I didn't get it. It looks in great condition in the auction pics but its quite worn. Dodged a bullet really but still a nice jersey.

Straight tongue came out in 1999 but only on the team issue gear which is what this training jersey is. My best guess is it was made in late 1998 preseason before Vodafone was confirmed as the main sponsor in 1999. It could very well be a manufacturers sample.

To make things even murkier they had a red trim version in 1999 with Vodafone and a curved tongue!?

The seller has some really strange gear. A lot of them Ive never seen before. I'll be seeing him when I pick up an auction I won. I'm going down to Rotorua to watch the Kiwis U16 play the Maori U17 on Saturday. Hope to have a good chat and see inside the vault! I'll update you's on anything I find out...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  7. The Cheap Seats
    Join:
    May 18, 2015

The Cheap Seats 1st Grade Fringe

Hahaha. That is some weird shit.
    Sorry you missed out Mt.wellington, but my goodness.... that coin is better in your back pocket.
    The jersey looks homemade.

8. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Awesome.

Check this ugly sweater out that's currently for sale on Trademe. Seriously look at it. It's like my eyes took a shit in my skull, it's that fucking bad ...

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

:(

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2017

9. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Vancent 1st Grade Fringe

Go easy bro....that knitting is damn hard...... apparently...

10. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

It'll sell. I know a lot of people who love that sort of thing. Love the old retro myself but will draw the line at that jacket. If I ever do get one it'll be purely for tradebait.

Saw what he had left and the best of it is gone. Real nice fella called John Gill who use to be a season member for years before he moved to Rotorua to retire. Has to move out of his house as he's moving into a retirement home at the age of 80.

This is what I managed to get off him. It was the best of the rest.

If anyone has any old gear they wanna sell or even trade for match worn Jerseys than send me a message...

• List
  11. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

Hahaha what sort of idiot would spend that sort of money on Warriors merchandise...no doubt the winner would never shut up about it, droning on how awesome and exspensive he is, oops i mean it is, between crossfit workouts and vegan burgers.

12. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

Im trying to build my bar up. Its something to behold now. Ceiling covered in Jerseys and building up a cap collection. Thinking about scarves next. Walls getting covered with as many odds and sods as i can find. Mostly smaller stuff, as the room is only 3m x 7m. Very difficult room to photograph as its small and has a low ceiling. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 21
    • List
  13. eric
    Join:
    May 27, 2015

eric 1st Grade Fringe

That must be the same guy that posted on the warriors buy sell trade page, then pissed people off by removing it and putting it on trade me lol... 80 years old though. Understandable. Oh well you got some good stuff there.

14. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Thats him. Said he was just overwhelmed by the amount of messages he received with one clown even calling his daughter in England! Nice guy.

Got this the other day...

See that jacket went for $76 lol. Not a bad price for something that was selling for $20 4 years ago...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  15. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

That is an awesome man cave bro.

How many times did you want to burn it down after watching the Warriors.

Be honest.

16. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

How many times is EVERYTIME?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • List
  17. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Back in the day I always wanted one of those DB Bitter jackets everyone in the league scene around my area were wearing. I asked my aunty who worked doing the books at the local hotel and knew a lot of the brewery reps. Instead I ended up with a Warriors puffer or tracksuit type jacket. I ended up getting the other jacket off someone at our club.

The Warriors jacket MTW posted and the knitted jacket reminded me of that begging session I went on.

If the Warriors one is still down at my parents next time I go home I'll take some photos. Let's just say it didn't get much wear with those bright colours as it felt like I'd glow in the dark. It also reminds me I always feel more comfortable dressing in black.

• List
  18. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

Hey guys
    Havent been around much, but just thought I would show an update of the project I have been toiling away at (for these undeserving dickheads).

Its still a work in progress. Still hunting for lots of small memoribillia to fill all available spaces. Not really any jersey space left, but I want a few more caps, more scarfs, and lots more glasses, pins, lanyards, odd collectibles, etc.

The next couple of stages are a feature macrocarpa wall behind the dartboard, then a home built display cabinet, and lots of sad bastard fan stuff.

Anyway, following are the best pics I could get. The room is real hard to show.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  20. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 14
    • List