General Discussion Warriors Documentary

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Kalcod, Feb 24, 2018.

1. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

He had Wayne Bennett helping brother, just saying like. Not comparing myself with Kearney at all but I reckon I could coach the Kiwis with Wayne Bennett helping.

2. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

He won a couple of four nations without Bennett , I think he had Kidwell there too and that would've hindered rather than helped ...

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Bang on brother!!!!!!

I love NZ and nothing fires me up more than the aussies piss taking our team.

If i was NZ National and told behind closed doors the club was putting together a team of NZ elites to radically change the culture and fight back against the negative stereotype i would be all in.

National pride at stake here. Dont let the Aussies across the ditch make us the laughing stock of the nrl.

I would use that as motivation to reeve up the stroops up at training.

This is war boys.

They’re all laughing at u. They laugh at you means they laugh at your friends, your family and your country.

You gonna let them insult and disrespect you and your family like that?????

Who’s with me????!!!!!!.....

you know, something like that........

4. SJ's on Fire
    Join:
    Nov 1, 2016

SJ's on Fire Warriors Bench Player

Tomorrow mate. Looking forward to it!
    Episode 2 March 5, 8.30pm, SKY Sport 2

5. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Success with the Kiwis does not transfer to club competition. Kearney's performance with the Kiwis without Bennett is pretty ordinary actually. I rate the guy as a leader, as a speaker, as a person and as a professional. I just don't think that on his own he has proved that he can coach NRL, that is no disgrace. I just hope Smith can do for Kearney was Bennett did then it will be a matter of WTF cares, top four on the way.

6. Snoopy
    Join:
    Aug 19, 2017

Snoopy 1st Grade Fringe

SK was totally inexperienced and took up an opportunity with Parra who were in trouble. SK had a bad 1st year as expected and built a squad around Sandow in season 2 which was a big mistake.

Who hasn’t made a mistake. After Parra he has been a deputy to some great coaches and had success with Kiwis.

He had a poor squad when he came to Warriors but was competitive until SJ got injured.

He has now built a squad - no super star signing but 8 new players with potential.

SK is the man, he will show everyone this year.

Go Warriors

7. Horriors2013
    Join:
    May 24, 2013

Horriors2013 1st Grade Fringe

Bruce have you been watching or sleeping over the years?

8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Well if you listen to Pozza, who knows a bit about Parramatta, most of things they thought of him there were being repeated here. Having said that I want the guy to succeed, and although I thought the bookie odds were about right for the Perth game, after what I saw today they might be worth putting $10 on. He sure has attracted some talent to the club, even if he paid overs for some of them.

9. bobba
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2013

bobba Warriors Bench Player

H
    cheers man. I thought it was tonight.

10. Horriors2013
    Join:
    May 24, 2013

Horriors2013 1st Grade Fringe

The kiwis won three tests in a row against Aussie. We actually owned Aussie for a small time. Everything was looking rosie until the World Cup. His tenure still would be the best. Even better than Graham Lowe's. You can't compare numbers because we play more these days, and we hardly get home games. But you can say that we've been the most competitive. Bluey was good but SK better outside of tournaments.

11. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Sorry bro. Disagree.

How you prepare, train and coach a national team is COMPLETELY different to how you manage a club.

The motivation, talent and resources are all there for you to prepare for a one-off.

Club you have to grind for 6 months. You have to teach and make sure players understand what is expected of them.

National level you can assume many things.

Club level is a whole different challenge.

SK should be better off from all the experience he’s now had.

It’s all or nothing this year.

If anything the doco has shown players taking preseason seriously. And that includes fatties like Luke and Lisone. That’s a good sign.

Part 2 should be a good watch but I want less interviews and more sweat.

12. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Spot on BM. Big Mal outstanding success with the Qlders and Kangaroos, complete failure with the Raiders.

13. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

Just watched the link in here coz I missed it on telly as was out of the country and skygo only works in NZ (thats stupid) and couldn't MySky it as left more than 7 days before it aired - you suck Sky.
    No astounding insights but good to get a taste of what they are up to and will watch the next one for sure. Looking forward to some real games, got desperate enough for sport to watch some super 15 and cricket last week.
    Thanks for sharing the link Mt.

14. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

I'm not sure if Mal is the best example, he had a 52.8% winning percentage across 5 seasons with the Raiders as a coach.

15. crump81
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

crump81 NSW Cup Player

I could be wrong, but I think sky are replaying the first episode tonight before they air the second.

16. Akkerz
    Join:
    Jun 22, 2012

Akkerz 1st Grade Fringe

Episode 1 is on SS2 at 8pm

17. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Good point but I think Raiders fans were used to more;)

18. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

so can anybody enlighten me as to why Jazz is doing all the talking?

I would've thought he was a fairly new, low-ranking guy in the scheme of things

19. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

what did u see today?

20. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Made the semis once while coaching at the Raiders. Completely the opposite to his representative coaching career