General Discussion Warriors Documentary

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Kalcod, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Wow.

Congratulations Sky and the Warriors for the documentary series.

Episode two was up lifting and insightful....one of the very best ( when we were Kings is still my number one).

Thanks for letting us in....I've been a harsh critic....but that show gave us insights into where the club is aiming....and reinforced all I have invested in this lot come times past.

All I need now is to see effort. It is no longer about the score or the position on the table...I'm gonna stick by our boys staunchly if they try.

That Doco brought me back to why I support our boys.

It's us against the toughest sporting comp in Australasia all over again for me.

They are better than us....but If we realise that our job is to go fk their shit up for 80....then I'm happy no matter what the final outcome.

Refs be dammed.....Salary cap superside cheats like the Bunnies be dammed.

Injuries be dammed.

Lose well boys and you will build our house of pain again. From those foundation's you will be up there in times to come.

Dissenters and player agents be danamed.

Deliver on your words....Kick chase....and the word Fuck is apparently the word for process behind the scenes....follow
    your teacher you bastards ...go u good things.

The players have set themselves up for ridicule if they fail to put in....good on them for taking the risk.I

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

hungrily awaiting someone to upload, for us poor sods overseas

3. bobba
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2013

bobba Warriors Bench Player

Waiting for a upload as well fl to sleep at 830 lol

4. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Ditto... forgot all about it and was watch8g the Breakers

5. Kestrel84
    Join:
    Aug 26, 2017

Kestrel84 Rippin' and a Tearin' Contributor

It's up on the Sky Go website if you have a Sky account. Just watched it. Little bit let down compared to the first episode - I felt like there were more punches being pulled this time around and it was hard to get a gauge of how much the team is really committing to the cause this season. Lots of cheesey "same old" talk from the players at the end, but until I see a difference with their performances on the field I'll struggle to believe it.

Key takeaways for me:

Blake Green is a smart footy brain and a great talker. I have no doubt the team will be improved when he is on the field... so probably he picks up a season ending injury in game 1, hah.

Good to see Fusitua either being a good talker or developing into one, we need more of that in the team. Say what you want about the signings of Adam Blair/Tohu Harris, but I expect them to bring a lot more talk into the team during a game, which can only be a good thing.

I cannot stand listening to Issac Luke talk about culture and commitment, when he has clearly shown none during his tenure at the club. It boils my blood.

6. Horriors2013
    Join:
    May 24, 2013

Horriors2013 1st Grade Fringe

Of course It's different. I'm establishing the fact that he has had success. He has had the best grounding of any nz coach ever.

Aussie coaches apart from Cleary fail to get the best out of our boys. So for mine, a Kiwi, especially a Polynesian, who has as good a knowledge of the game as an Aussie has the added advantage of relatability .

He has been assistant coach to Bennet and Bellamy for many seasons. He's hardly a noob.

The only reason He's tainted is because He's not Aussie. There are so many bad coaches that get myriad chances. A kiwi doesn't get that luxury because we are outsiders and apparently inferior.

Given more chances SK will shine. I'll take any of you on with this topic.

But re: the doco, it is just a snapshot, but you can sense the type of relationship there is between coach and players. It's business. You can also see that the young full as in general struggle mentally. Pretty much everything people have commented, good or bad about the club was there to see.

One's interpretation of the facts as a whole is the important part. Mine is that they are weak-minded and the coaches and trainers are trying to change that. Same as Cappy, Cleary and Anderson were doing. And for Mine, SK has as good if not better grounding than them but has an added edge in his ethnicity.

We have to wait and see if it works. To me success is inevitable. The club only has to stick with him. The results will come. Changing coaches only halts progress .

7. Rizzah
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Rizzah 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Has anyone posted up the episode on YouTube yet? ;)

8. Kfisher6
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2017

Kfisher6 Waterboy

The weird thing for me was Adam Blair talking about winning the comp being a dream. That thinking absolves our players/staff of responsibility for our performance.

I'm pretty sure the Bellamys, Flanagans, Greens, and Bennetts of this world aren't planning or hoping for a dream. Winning is an outcome of the strategies, tools, resources, and effort we put into things.

Winning Lotto is a dream, a chance. Winning the NRL is anything but (or we'd have one by now).

9. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito Warriors 1st Grader

watched part 2, just realised that they got Budge in to narrate the highlights of the 2nd trial, as if it he were there live, instead of those rando's from the livestream. That sort of thing should emphasise that its been presented exactly how they want it to be presented.

some of the things kearney was going on about seems very basic stuff, but again, they are hardly likely to include anything too interesting.

Boys come across well

10. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

I liked it, yeah Mooks is pushing the basics but you gotta agree we need that, also focused a lot on staying with the process, taking ownership, grinding the opposition down etc, all the basics for a pro but stuff he has to teach our team from scratch.

11. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

Would love to see part II but cant find link anywhere

12. demco
    Join:
    Mar 9, 2013

demco 1st Grade Fringe

give us the link please guys to episode 2

13. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Looks to be on tomorrow on sky sport 2 at 1:30pm. Set record!

14. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Could someone please post a link like the first episode.... Especially for our overseas members not in Australia... Thanks..

15. ns19
    Join:
    Oct 26, 2012

ns19 Waterboy

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

16. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Oh bro I thought that was a link to the second episode- already seen that one.

I'm gonna have to take my like back.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

Lol ......post a link like the first episode....can't get more like the first episode than the actual first episode

18. Toopi is King
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

Toopi is King 1st Grade Fringe

Just watched the second episode, and to be fair, it really was a let down on what the first promised.

I'm not sure what they were trying to prove, but it really didn't do much for me, infact the cheerleaders at half time did more for me than this series. I'm warriors through and through and don't need pom poms to keep me interested.

19. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

We are in a majority of two it seems brother:D

20. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

thanks, but meant the 2nd episode...