General Discussion Warriors Documentary

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Kalcod, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Rilakkuma
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Rilakkuma 1st Grade Fringe

Come on guys! Please hook us foreign country brothers up! We are waiting to see it!
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. offloader
    Join:
    Apr 5, 2016

offloader U20's Player

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

3. Navigator
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Navigator 1st Grade Fringe

Cheers Brother

4. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

Cheers

5. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

good, i liked it but not as good as the first one....hope they one every year now...thanks for posting.

6. YeahNah 4020
    Join:
    Aug 6, 2017

YeahNah 4020 1st Grade Fringe

Chur

7. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

Thank you for the doc.
    things i have noticed, Cunt is now a word that gets bleeped and fuck is not. straight off the beach they show them on the park. The very first thing is watching someone (cant see who) roll the ball under their foot with an incorrect play of the ball. Then Kearney says what was it that we learned the other day about the ball and someone answers "didnt matter". WTF? did he say that wrong? did he mean NOT having the ball? Tohu said what i really want to hear. That there is to many doing it by themselves and not enough going with them.
    when sK is telling them off Green smiles and looks to his right, theres about 3 guys looking slightly sheepish, but at least they arent checking out their feet, which personally i find amazingly disrespectful.
    I had already seen both trials so no surprises there. Im loving watching Green talk.

Now i just want to see them on the park for real

Thanks again for the upload

8. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

It was good to see Kearney go to individuals in the dressing sheds and tell the like of Pulu that's his efforts hadn't gone unnoticed....then he seemed to say something to Gavet about position in the PTB/ tackle area....all good stuff.

Kearney has a way about him.

I also liked when SK was impressed with Paasi's body position going into the tackle on the sands ( you hear him shout ' nice Iggy....nice).

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  9. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Thanks for the upload, guys saying the right things.
    Couple of things I noticed was Kearney frustration, there’s a lot of people putting the boot in but you can tell he’s on the rights track just seems like a massive challenge getting through to these players.
    The defensive errors at training are still of concern but we did look a little more switched on in the trials.
    There was a comment from Kearney about not wanting to see heads poking through and holding the ball? This seems counter to the offloading game we’ve been hearing about

10. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Mooks was referring to the opposition in that instance. He was talking about kick/chase pressure and setting the tone, not allowing the opposition to poke through on early tackles.

11. Kalcod
    Join:
    May 13, 2012

Kalcod 1st Grade Fringe

SJ looks like he has beefed up a bit. Looks more like Andrew Johns shape.

Still don't think we have the forwards to win this comp. Hoping for the 8, but who knows.....

12. Horriors2013
    Join:
    May 24, 2013

Horriors2013 1st Grade Fringe

When people talk about dreams in that context they're really talking about vision and a premiership being the goal. Guys you shouldn't hang on every word. This doco is a snapshot, and as I pointed out, the players know the camera is there. I see people completely mis-interpreting what's being said. But the scenes don't flow together, and much of what is being said was the tail-end of a longer conversation or an understanding between the group that the public won't get.

For mine, the intent was positive, and they're trying hard.

Personal interpretation of the club situation:

1) We've culled the dickheads.
    2) The young guys are mentally weak-that's why we keep hearing SK getting pissed off about various errors.
    3) They're trying hard, they're good kids.
    4) We've now got a lot of experience in the team who will help them.
    5) There's a good balance of grafters and skill I haven't seen since 2011
    6) If we retain this staff for a few more years the standard will go up.
    7) As many have pointed out, we're short one or two monsters to really test the top 4. But I think we have enough quality to scrape into the 8.
    8) There is an aire of the 2008 side about this mob-they could surprise if they make the 8.
    9) Biggest concern/unknown factor for me is their attack. With new teams, you never know how that aspect will pan out until mid-year. For mine that will determine how deep into playoffs they will go.

13. W.A warrior
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2014

W.A warrior Warriors Bench Player

Both episodes on fox sports today from 11:30am WA time

14. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

The Tigers preseason documentary “This Day Forward” is on just before the Warriors doco, it’s worth a gander.

I watched the first episode the other day ands it’s very downbeat in its production and tone, no swearing at all.

In one part they go out to a relatively flat sand dune (nothing like Bethels) and get put through their paces by a guy dubbed “the sand warrior” or something, he must be close to 80 years of age and sounds like a cornball two bit motivational speaker, you can see Cleary cringe everytime he yells out “One Team One Dream!”

Didn’t get a sense from it that their preseason has been anything special.

15. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

That won't help Tui counter his pie addiction

16. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Yep top post as always.

Watching last night I thought the Warriors all things being equal (form/injury) could take that Broncos outfit with simple determination and getting the basics right.

17. maxoneill95
    Join:
    Feb 27, 2018

maxoneill95 Waterboy

Was this part 1 or part 2? if so, wheres the other video? :) thanks for the upload!