General Warriors Harold Matthews 2024

Most don't but some boys are so good that the schools let them play for fear of losing them from their 1st 15 program. Siale is one of those players. He was on the extended bench for the final so I'd guess that he'd picked up an injury. Or dropped.
I don’t think he travelled with them at all. So doubt he was dropped. Maybe he was injured, but I think it just became too much overlap into the first XV preseason training, which is fair. Harold Matts finals is invaluable experience for him but St Kent’s are shelling out hundreds of thousands for his development.

Tbf his replacement Turama Paranihi, did a great job marking Heamasi Makasini from Wests (who imo will play first grade before he turns 19, he’s that good)

Paranihi is also TMM’s brother, fun fact

PNBH didn’t allow league when I was there in the late 80’s…. and looking at their website, still don’t.
I was there 2005 to 2009 and Ngani Laumape was playing League while playing 1st 15. Pretty sure we had a league team also attend some school comps with some other rugby guys.

He wasn’t that good imo.

Him and co-captain Boston Krone were the halves and both got dropped after 3 or 4 games. Unheard of to drop your captain..

That’s when they signed Jack Thompson and blooded the super young Tyson Hansen
Do you think it was the introduction of Thompson and Hansen that saved the season and got the club the cup?

Has to be a back story to Thompson coming here from Newcastle. Wonder if there was a link through Barnett?

Back