General Discussion Warriors Injury Thread 2018

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Snoopy
    Join:
    Aug 19, 2017

Snoopy 1st Grade Fringe

Looks like Kata out for a month and Pulu tbc but looks like a longer time out.

Luckily Beale should be back soon and Pappali is ready for return to 1st grade

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

Thanks - of note your article at the end listed Beale as being Round 9 and not even Round 8 as first hoped for.

INJURY LIST

Blake Ayshford | Back | TBC

Gerard Beale | Leg | Round 9

James Gavet | Hamstring | Round 8

Solomone Kata | Ankle | Round 9-10

Junior Pauga | Knee | Mid-season

Leivaha Pulu | Foot | TBC

Nathaniel Roache | Back | Season

3. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

One article has Gavet round 7. Fingers crossed...

4. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Damn injuries across the park. Gutted about Pulu personally and as a player. He worked super hard and made his way into the starting line up. Read somewhere that he signed with us for family reasons and to be a good role model to his younger brother who had been released from prison. Will be huge loss in the locker room I feel. Gutted for Kata has been playing real well as well but excited to see who could take his spot at the same time.

5. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

"Injured pair James Gavet (hamstring) and Gerard Beale (leg) are also likely to continue their sideline stints this week, but both are nearing full fitness."

6. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

It's great having so much depth in the centers this year,,,, incase some get injured.:arghh:

7. Roacheclip
    Join:
    Mar 3, 2016

Roacheclip U20's Player

Main thing is it's not a break, most likely partial ligament tear.
    Will be a big loss, he's been killing it.

Attached Files:

8. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

I'm more worried about Kata tbh. Pulu is excellent, but we can cover for him. Kata has been getting back to his best (and surpassing it) so hopefully this doesn't set him back too much.

9. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

We play the Dragons this Friday and then the Storm next Wednesday and then the Tigers the following Saturday.
    For Beale and Gavet who are listed as round 8 by some sources the Wednesday (vs a Saturday) robs them of a few extra healing days. A few takeaways from this

1) Round 9 may be more likely for Beale in particular.
    2) If Gavet is tracking well to play next Wednesday vs the Storm - you would think he would be very close to being ready for this Friday and that they will be tempted to encourage him to return for the Dragons. After the poor showing by our forwards he might make more of a difference than Beale would.

Anyway just some speculation.

10. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

11. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Both concerning omissions due mainly to the timing of our centre stocks being depleted.

Kata
    Ayshford
    Beale

I'm not sure what the ISP centres are like but could we be in for the naming of Gelling to replace Kata even though he's played very limited minutes and produced even more limited results?

Pulu? I miss him already. He's been awesome thus far and done a lot of things right.

His try vs Roosters was one of my favourites for this season but it was really his expression when he got up that did it for me. It was the same energy as game 1 when Captain Marvellous did the try saving tackle on Johnstone.

12. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Is someone like Soosemea ready to play wing if Kata is out? I’d be better with Fus coming in one if another try machine is outside him- the idea of Gelling just scares me

13. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

I hope so. Give the young fulla a go. He's in good form

14. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

There's no way Soosemea is in the top 30 though is he? Same goes for the current ISP centres Waaka/Vuna.

15. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

I actually think Paasi out of the starting side, Papa coming into the team and NOT wasting a bench spot on Gelling would make more of a difference than just Gavet. It's madness to consistently give a guy less than 10 minutes when the forwards are struggling like they did against the Broncos

16. Chats271
    Join:
    Aug 9, 2017

Chats271 1st Grade Fringe

The below is from - Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Maybe the Kata injury isnt as bad as first thought???

17. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

I'd rather he sit this out and get right. Because if he plays. They'll have Gelling on the bench as his cover...again.....no fangu

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. eric
    Join:
    May 27, 2015

eric 1st Grade Fringe

Pulu’s out for a few months, according to his Instagram post.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

19. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

"Tohu Harris will need to pass the concussion testing ahead of Wednesday’s ANZAC Day clash with the Storm, while Shaun Johnson will have a fitness test on his groin over the weekend.

Shaun Johnson – Groin – Round 8

Tohu Harris – Concussion – Round 8-9"

Jesse Bromwich out three weeks as well.

20. Penpal
    Join:
    Mar 22, 2014

Penpal Warriors Bench Player

It's a long season and Tohu Harris is a massive part of that. If I had any say I wouldn't even be thinking about considering him for Melbourne game. Sure you'd love to have him there but surely common sense prevails. That was a heavy ko.
    On a side note, was anyone else surprised that given the way things now work he wasn't required to have an iha after the first knock from the knee?