General Discussion Warriors - One of the Form Teams of the Comp?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by VillaTheGorilla, Aug 4, 2016.

1. VillaTheGorilla
    Join:
    Jul 26, 2016

VillaTheGorilla U20's Player

Before I get laughed at let me explain!
    I think most fans would agree, we've not played anywhere near our potential this year. We started the year in absolutely terrible form, lost RTS early in the season, have had SJ playing on one leg for around half of the season on top of Cappy's terrible selections

However...

We're still in the hunt.
    It was mentioned the other day that we havn't lost in normal time since round 11 this year. 3 losses in extra time to the competition leaders, the team coming 3rd and Manly in Perth, our bogey team at essentially our bogey park.

We need to be a hell of a lot better than we have been, but I think its worth pointing out that we've been pretty good the last 10 rounds...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • List

2. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

ok you asked me not to laugh so i thought i would put in a worded reply.
    A loss is a loss, in extra time or not its still 2 points that the Warrirors dont get. While defence is looking better, last weekends game showed that the disruptions from the throw the dice coaching is still affecting on field performance. the right edge looked jacked on defence imo. A better team would have destroyed them. I really felt the panthers gifted the game to the warriors, with many many poor decisions, and errors.
    But i will admit its entertaining footy at times. after all you really dont know what your going to get and the susence is a killler

3. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

Form as in poor?

4. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

wouldnt say we are one of the form teams of the comp. some huge improvements. i feel like how we are playing now should of been at the start of the season and then where we are now we should be hitting our straps. i feel we are kind of hanging on and maybe just short of clicking it all into gear

5. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Form team? No way. That's the Storm, Cowboys, Sharks and Raiders. I think we're considerably behind showing the consistency these teams do.

We're competing. We're staying in games and giving ourselves a chance by competing for the 80....and from how we we're looking earlier in the season "competing" is helluva improvement.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

We're arguably one of the form teams - extra time losses away to Raiders and Sharks are better than what most teams would achieve at present. However unfortunately we come up against another inform team this weekend and a ref that I'm convinced hates us. Odds on we lose and then we can be the most in form team that won't make the top 8.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  7. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

You can only play as well as your opposition lets you.
    There is no doubt we have improved in every game, that is the key for me. If they keep doing this who knows what might happen?

• List
  8. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

If we lose this week it's very difficult to see is making the 8. Aside from a major upset in Townsville, Titans is sudden death for us.

• List

9. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I agree totally. We can win, it is just up to the boys.

• List
  10. Dunedin warrior
    Join:
    Nov 10, 2014

Dunedin warrior 1st Grade Fringe

I think we are playing very consistently, but without the polish that a top 4 team would be, a good team puts Penrith to the sword with the amount of possession and territory we had.
    8th on the table I reckon fits with how we have played this season.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  11. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DIE FOR TONGA Contributor

We've found form of sorts for sure but hardly one of the form teams of the comp. TBH Id go as far to say we have been one of the biggest disappointments of the season...

• List
  12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

More than the Chooks, Souths and Manly?o_O

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  13. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

its a trickey one, who new so many teams would be crap

• List
  14. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DIE FOR TONGA Contributor

I said one of the biggest disappointments. Not the biggest disappointments...

15. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

We are not one of the form teams, but we are consistent...

If the golden point games had gone our way, then maybe we could be classed one of the form teams...

This week's game and the away game against the Cowboys will sort the men from the boys...and determine how our cards fall for the finals.

• List
  16. mode81
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2012

mode81 1st Grade Fringe

I'd write the start of the season off and flush it. Losing RTS was and still is a major blow.

I wouldn't say form team but as the season's progressed from the start of the year this team has become one of the most resilient and those GP performances are proof of that. What pleases me the most is the heart and effort above all, they're playing for each other and I can support that. We may not be the Cowboys/Sharks/Storm/Raiders/Dogs but I guarantee those teams will be looking over their shoulders nervously if the Warriors get a shot at them in the finals.

They say you don't win Premierships during the season and if we make the finals you can pretty much write the season off and start all over again. Finals is a different kettle of fish altogether and if this team makes it they'll be the most dangerous to any team no matter the position on the ladder.

Said it a while back you could see this team building throughout the season.. consistency in team selection I keep harping on about it but it makes such a difference , Tommy, SJ, Luke, Lillyman, Vete, Mannering, Ben M, Bodene etc the core have all played big minutes

Some big game players in this Warriors team that haven't tasted finals footy for a while, it's in their grasp and if they get a chance look out I say. Manu, Leuluai, Johnson, Lillyman, Luke, Mannering, Matulino, Hoffman.. big name players that have played in big games.. Test level, Origin, NRL veterans. Give these old buggers like Manu, Mannering a go and they'll take it, they've been there before. I've had the belief in this team since day dot, super talented roster you must be able to squeeze every ounce of talent out of these guys and harness it properly.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  17. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

The major advantage other teams had against the Warriors was attitude and commitment to play through the 80, which the Warriors traditionally didn't

Now they are showing those qualities, that means other teams advantage against them is nullified. Execution is not there yet but they are going the distance, which is great.

Every team they play is worthy of respect. The Warriors are earning that respect now...and maybe instilling a bit of fear.

I predict a Manu winning try after a pin point Kata pass. (I know thats pushing it, but hey)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. 6 Again
    Join:
    Sep 29, 2015

6 Again 1st Grade Fringe

Love the pragmatic comments, if an Aussie side hadn't lost in regulation time since round 11 many of their fans would be making all sorts of claims about their premiership credentials, as Warriors supporters were not going to fall into that trap were too savvy to think were any better than our last performance.

• List
  19. VillaTheGorilla
    Join:
    Jul 26, 2016

VillaTheGorilla U20's Player

Only the Storm, Raiders and Sharks have more wins than us in the last 10 rounds. We're equal with Dogs and Titans on 5 wins and 3 losses, of our losses, all have been in golden point, 2 of them by one point. Titans have had some good wins and some average losses, Dogs have looked pretty poor at times.

That to me feels like our form is good, and currently running better than the majority of other teams.

Although I do concede, we have been one of the biggest disappointments of the year so far. Winning 4 of our first 11 games really has really fucked us over and we only have ourselves to blame, the effort simply wasn't good enough.

If we do make the 8 though, and im reasonably confident of a 6th or 7th spot, I do think other teams will be pretty nervous about playing us.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  20. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

No the biggest disappointment is the Sharks on the top of the table with those dickheads Fafita, Gallen, Maloney n Graham

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List