General Discussion Warriors Set to be Sold?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Canadian_WarriorFan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. ARL/Graham Lowe/Wayne Scurrah

2. Fale Consortium

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

His press comments to date, and his reputation published on line show he knows nothing about the game at all, has absolutely no passion for the game at all, has no money of his own, doesn't like homosexuals, hasn't achieved anything of note in major business, or politics for that matter, however:
    He knows what is wrong with the club
    Is going to get the club to a grand final
    Sign Bellamy and Taumalolo
    Build a waterfront stadium
    Sack Cameron George
    Might even sack SK
    and he hasn't even been given approval by the NRL to buy the club, nor it seems had his offer accepted by Watson and Doyle.

Ladies and jellybeans if that is not proof the guy is a dropkick, I give up.

• Like Like x 18
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • List
  2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Rudyard Kipling wrote a story about a British soldier called "The man who would be king."
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

The film follows two rogue ex-soldiers, former Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. in the Link has been hidden. Please Register to view., who set off from late 19th-century Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. in search of adventure and end up in faraway Link has been hidden. Please Register to view., where one is taken for a god and made their king.

The punch line is the people later find out he is not a god, and kill the fucker. Got the idea?;):D

PS: It is a good movie. Starred Sean Connery and Michael Caine

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  3. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Where was this information from?
    If it's from the news I don't get to see that much anymore as my TV is usually playing cartoons to keep the little ones quiet.

Some of that sounds like he has been trawling through fan forums or comments in NZ news articles.

Bellamy is pretty much retiring when he finishes at the Storm. Mind you I was surprised Bennett left the Broncos coming up 10 years ago so it's not impossible just highly unlikely. Taumalolo still has 9 years to run on a contract, extremely surprised if he left in years 1-4.

A water front stadium keeps coming up. Government can't fund it, been talk of multiple parties and a new consortium are going to buy the club and build a stadium. Sounds to good to be true.

George has only been in the role 6-8 months. Hard to assess his impact as it's too early. If he is good at changing cultures in an organisation and accountability then its a shame he'd be turfed.. This would be a new owner wanting their guy. Or a role for their local guy onsite. It's unlikely an ownership change wouldn't come with management changes.

May sack Kearney. I know that is popular especially with his record. It would be best to see how this season plays out. Again change in ownership or management often leads to changes in coaching to get their guy. Fale has said they don't know rugby league so would setup the organisation for the guys that know to get on with what they do best.

Knows what is wrong with the club. He mad comments on confused expectations from the owner. That is fair enough since the owner is away on business. Changing things throughout the organisation may not be wise right now seeing all of the changes made after last season. The season has only just started so we still need to assess how those have gone, judging from the weekend they could be working.

4. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

I don't know what to make of Fale other than he is a very articulate individual....even for a Mormon ( they can talk, it's built into their program).

They are very good with money. Why else do you think a group of former sports jocks have not blown most of it.

Twelve investors ( major ones) and other lesser investors would see the Warriors as a very cheap franchise...factor in exchange rates.

They remind me of Owen Glen...without the rumors of call girls and offering players wives odd gifts).

Mormons ( real Mormons) are highly dedicated, Very good at working together, Very selfless people.

So the religion part doesn't bother me in fact with the no booze and drugs mentality it is a good fit on some shared levels.

Real Mormons ( ones that follow their dogma) are honest people ( read Mind hunter FBI profiling and why the FBI likes Mormon agents).

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  5. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

I hate these load mouth, know nothing Yank types. Basically the opposite of a normal kiwi bloke.

As long as these guys set up RUGBY LEAGUE systems to get ultimate results on the field with no crossed agendas, no show boating (Owen Glenn anyone?) and stay out of the day to day running of the club, then all good. But if we start hearing about the introduction of NFL training techniques and the sort.. It will all be heading down hill in my opinion. The sport has noting in common, other than the shape of the ball.

Will wait and see what happens. Eric Watson owns the place, and can do what he wants at the end of the day.

6. Kestrel84
    Join:
    Aug 26, 2017

Kestrel84 Rippin' and a Tearin' Contributor

I'm personally wary of anyone coming into the club making grand public statements about what they want to change or do, before even cementing themselves in a position to buy the club. Paul Davys anyone?

It does reek of showboating, and for someone who has admitted they know nothing about league - to then run around declaring how successful they are going to be and that they will essentially buy a premiership... it stinks. Say what you want about the Roosters/Melbourne/Broncos, but for the times they have been successful I would never have put it down to purely to money. They have had key individuals that have brought out the best in the team. The Storm, despite getting snapped rorting the cap, have had a guaranteed 2 future immortals in their team and also others on the tier below. Could the Warriors under Fale's ownership bought these players over to NZ to play for the Warriors? No, because life isn't purely about money and the smart players know that - plus they have plenty more options to choose from closer to home and still make good money.

There is no way this isn't purely about money, which doesn't mean it can't work - but is more risky because as soon as they stop seeing a return on investment, or they realise they can't buy success or rule changes or waterfront stadiums, then they are more likely to get frustrated and sack people or leave the club in a worse position.

I would hate for the club to be making progress under George and Kearney/Corvo, and then Fale and his consortium come in, sack people and make a big noise and then leave again. That could set us back years.

Remember Nathan Tinkler? ew.

7. BiggerD
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

BiggerD 1st Grade Fringe

We could all chip in $5 a week , and as a group buy Lotto tickets to hopefully win the big one. ..over $20million
    The website nzwarriors.com could then become major owner.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  8. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

Fale said he'd know by the end of the week. The latest article I read said the race to own the Warriors is heating up.

So we should know soon.

Let's just hope whoever owns it is realistic and realises that even if they make a lot of changes or things pick on the field there will be down times. It's the nature of sport. Like other posters have stated already we could be in a worse state in a few years if this doesn't work out.

Watson doesn't open up the purse strings for the club but sometimes its case of the devil you know.

9. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

This flog reeks of Tinkler 2.0 and of course this shit is happening when the NRL says 'we're not propping up any failed clubs' after fucking decades of doing it in Australia. I really hope this doesn't happen.

10. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

brucebruce guessing it was from this article, details about Bellamy, Kearney and George?

One article said end of the week, that one said by next Friday. Maybe some news over the weekend at the game or next week once the game is out of the way.

11. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

No news on the Chinese buyers? Without knowing them I'll back them on the basis the food at the stadium will improve.

12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Most of it was from the interview with Mike Hosking e.g. sacking Cameron George, maybe SK, knowing what is wrong with the club, knowing how to put it right.
    Some from was his personal online profile
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    e.g. Politician, something to do with a small farm (no details), was in the Army (no rank given), no business experience at all. Also the politician bit is part time. He doesn't even have a full time job.

The bit about Bellamy and Taumalolo was on here. Many posters have mentioned it.

The waterfront stadium was in one of his written press interviews.

What really concerns me is the club has been in the shite, people are calling for no more bullshit, the players and staff (and I include the office staff) have been working their arses off over the off season getting fit and trying to recruit members, then this dropkick comes along and talks about sacking senior management and possibly the coach before one of the most important games of the season.

Eric Watson and Jim Doyle, if they were worth one tin of shite should be loudly disassociating themselves with this dropkick right now, if only in the interests of their staff.

Hey Mount Wellington, what do you have to say about that?

13. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Fale told Hosking the decison to buy was to be made this Friday and they expected to own the club by next Friday. Just imagine how Cameron George, SK and the staff feel right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Well if they are so honest they should tell the truth about why they want to buy this club...and they most definitely are not. Watch the Mike Hosking interview and find out for yourself.

15. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Aw, I'm hurt you left me out Brucie. Nevermind, $24 million is the latest figure EW and GODoyle have been offered. Can the ARL afford a bidding war with Americans and Chinese? Think not..

16. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

I don’t mean to throw this out as stinky bait it’s more just for clarity but I read Watson may still be willing to negotiate with the ARL despite their figure being well below the two other parties because in his opinion they have rugby leagues best interests at heart, I find it hard to believe he would knock back money but he’s had the club for a long time now.

17. Akkerz
    Join:
    Jun 22, 2012

Akkerz 1st Grade Fringe

From the likely candidates to invest it might be a godsend if EW can hang onto it for a while longer. Ain't nuthin about any of these possible new owners that fills me with any enthusiasm. Sometimes it is "better the devil you know".

18. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Your like a lot of us I think, hoping like hell we keep winning in the hope that EW will get cold feet lol.

19. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Did you see any quotation marks..

20. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Did you support Mount Wellington questioning why I called Fale a dropkick? If so why?

I know Watson needs top dollar and he has every right to let people like these Mormons throw their money around to force genuine buyers upwards, however if he has the interests of the club at heart he needs to consider the players and staff, immediately.

What I gleaned from the interview with Fale is that he thinks he is going to be running the club. That is how I saw it, others may differ. Heyzeuss spare me just imagine that dropkick turning up at the NRL CEO's meetings, he will be the comedy hour with that crew.

The other thing, and on reflection,I have been listening to Mike Hosking ever since he started on radio and he is a very intuitive and intelligent guy. He was asking Fale very fair questions, but in an open way to let Fale explain himself without cross examination. Fale gave typical political responses i.e.I know what you want to know but fuck you I am going to give you bullshit instead. That was as clear as anything. I was surprised Hosking didn't give him the third degree.

So either Hosking doesn't rate the guy or take him seriously enough to raise a sweat over, or he can see trouble coming and is keeping his powder dry. He is a Warriors fan through and through. I hope it is the former.