Gameday Warriors vs Cowboys Gameday Chatter [Round 5, 2018]

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Warriors Roundup 13+!

2. Warriors 12-

3. Warriors JANFIN Special by 6

4. DRAW

5. Cowboys 12-

6. Cowboys Stampede 13+!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Warriors vs Cowboys Gameday Chatter [Round 5, 2018]

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

I hope the players are keeping away from the htpe of this double header and especially the media.

I am really worried about this game as much about the players usung their energies mental and physical before the game as I am about a dangerous hungry opposition.

3. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Worry provides the adrenalin rush for when the roar goes up when David Fusitua takes an overhead kick to score, SJ or Luke make a sneaky line break or when Adam Blair takes out Jason Taumalolo. Think positive brothers.

4. janfin
    Join:
    May 13, 2012

janfin 1st Grade Fringe

Probably the most important game in the clubs history so far .. Bring it on ..The boys to take it out by 6 :);):)

5. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

The most important games so far are the two grand finals we lost.

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Vancent 1st Grade Fringe

Will be another tough one - but so were the Roosters.

Would dearly love to see the boys take it out in front of a big crowd - we’ll deserved I think.

If I can’t order a flogging - another Canes last second win would be nice!!

7. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

Same as last week. Discipline and determination on defence, let the creative lads do their stuff with the ball.

Best of luck

8. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Slight advantage statistically to the Warriors with the weather tonight. Game temp. will be 20 degrees, with some wind chill factor.

Cool and dry for some good running footy. Warriors to get an early lead and win by 18, in a stop start 80 min grind fest.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • List
  9. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Tough game against a stacked cowboys side.
    I've been watching a lot more footy this year than I have the last couple ( warriors got me excited again) and there's a few teams who seem to be running on old legs- I'd put the cowboys in that bracket- they're still strong tho especially in the middle of the field but they do look to be on the way down while we're definitely on the way up.
    I think we can tip them over- wouldn't bet on it tho....

10. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

What, don't you remember we beat the Broncos in the pre-recorded GF..

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. surfin
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

surfin Warriors 1st Grader

Damn you're right, definitely our best game ever, rates up there with my pre-recorded powerball win.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. janfin
    Join:
    May 13, 2012

janfin 1st Grade Fringe

Maybe I should have said could probably be one of the most important games in the clubs history

13. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

Yes, you have to be very careful to clarify everything for these guys.

A comment like that could spark pages of vicious argument.;)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Nah you were right Ultimately
    Every game we play this year will be the most important, you can't change wot happened in the past, those old finals were significant. .the importance of those games means little to all but train spotters and diehards.

We are under intense scrutiny now, the only way we can deal with that effectively Is to play well.. otherwise a bad loss will be very harmful in front of a sell out.

15. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

Looking at that photo, with Sheck, Smith and Thuston, you'd think Lolohea is the next Wally Lewis.

That would make him Wally Lolohea.:p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

The game is being played at night. Twenty degrees they recon....

17. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

But the wind chill will make it feel more like 15 degrees.;)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  18. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

I know the Warriors are on a roll and will have a sell out crowd behind them tonight, but I have a feeling they'll go down tonight.The Cowboys with all of their superstars will fire at some stage and they've played well this year against top teams, despite their position on the table.
    I hope I'm wrong!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. ko wai ra
    Join:
    Nov 15, 2014

ko wai ra Warriors Bench Player

Gonna b an eye opener for most of our crew let alone the opposition......
    This team has flipped the script & we will once again see & feel the mount transform into the fortress......gona b hell yeah dwn beats & boogie,crunkd n all.......
    BEEN LONG OVERDUE !!!!!!!
    As the bros hav already said,bring on the wigers & the w-orm cause its all going to lead to the WOW......

KIAKAHA TE TOA & njoy whanau.....

20. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

This is one of those games where as a fan, you worry more about what the opposition can do than what good things your mob are capable of.

Every game the Warriors win or play well in, will be down to them ignoring what their opposites can do and focusing on getting the most out of their own strengths.

At peak performance, all things being equal our side demonstrated last week that their brand is very hard to go with.

A fast game suits the Warriors and should we see a fast eighty minutes the Cowboys will be in for a long afternoon.

Our scramble is Storm like (no surprise), big forwards make big targets and we hit them in threes, two good wrestlers up top, the smaller guys like Jazz Luke and Johnson going low...at full tilt.

Mannering will add to that, the way we neutralize the size of the big guys....numbers is the key...we have been brilliant at shutting down any opportunities for second phase,

The high turn over rate of our opposites is no fluke, they are being swamped.

The Numbers we ran at the Roosters, the wall of decoys we launched on almost every play, really overwhelmed them, I don't care how stink the Roosters were, you can't take away from the Warriors the relentless attack group...hell on one play there was Paasi, Pulu, and Afoa all sprinting to receive potentially the same pass from first receiver, all three had their hands in the catch position, as it turned out the ball hit the second man right into his hands.

No one overplayed that move, the inside man didn't try reach out in front of him - the timing and the trust of our forwards is showing the makings of something special.

I think no matter how badly the Cowboys want this, no matter how much of a siege mentality they adopt, if the Warriors flick the switch on, the Cows won't be able to do much about it.

Lets hope we grab onto the learning of last week around discipline and run with it for the rest of the season.

We can do that, our side was boringly disciplined most of last year...makes a lot of sense now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.