General Discussion What do fans want to see?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by BeastMode, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Honest feedback by management and coach that they HAVE NOT improved this year

42.4%
  2. More Jerseys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. More attacking style of play - jungle footy

44.1%
  4. Better defence - less errors

32.2%
  5. Sack em all!

6.8%
  6. Free tickets to games

6.8%
  7. Better cheerleaders

3.4%
  8. Make it fun to watch!!!

22.0%
  9. Bring back the biff & shoulder charges!

16.9%
  10. Acceptance of blame by SK its all his fault

5.1%
  11. A detailed strategy not more getting better or process or above the line nonsense

35.6%
  12. Seeing the team giving it 100% on the field

71.2%
  13. Sick of hearing excuses and needing more time. I want accountability!

23.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

This one's for the fan.

We aint gonna be winning anytime soon so might as well pack that idea for the next few seasons

Aside from winning what's important for you as a fan to continue following this club?

Polled it!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

2. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Having confidence that things will improve, not just hoping. There's an old saying "if nothing changes, nothing changes"

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

I want transparency and I want them to approach it more like the Knights have. Essentially "We're fucking shit, we know we're shit, we're doing x, y and z to ensure we're less shit in the future."

Sick of the Brocress these Brofessionals are Bromoting.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  4. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Brilliant LOL

5. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Pride

• List
  6. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

I'd like to see more stats on the forwards performance and more discussion on how EW saved/destroyed the club.

7. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Remember Jerry Collins in tears apologizing of the fans when we got
    beaten in the world cup , ? We get to see our boys laughing in the background
    a coach that tells us its going well , Come on SK we actually watched the games
    don't lie to us

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  8. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Winz.

Dont care how boring they play if they can win more than half their games.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List

9. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Razzle dazzle, hot potato, jungle ball footy.

Don't give a shit if it doesn't lead to more wins.

Bring back that x-factor where every Aussie team finds it uncomfortable to play us.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • List
  10. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I want to see players giving 100 every moment of every game. I don't care what the score is, the foot stays on the gas peddle until the coach subs you off or the game ends...

This doesn't take any special talent. And it shouldn't instantly mean you get selected for next week either.

For me it's maybe the most basic way to pay respect to the fans. Anything less should be instant sacking from FG forever.

• List
  11. Big_Fattz
    Join:
    Apr 7, 2017

Big_Fattz U20's Player

That's not a bad idea. Maybe we can get some of these unemployed fuckers out there. There's some mongrel for ya

12. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

Players publically accepting responsibility for bad games - I'm not suggesting sackcloth and ashes and hysterical blubbing but a quick "I thought I played pretty badly, to be honest, didn't kick well/my passes were bad" will do. And no "I know what the problem is" cryptic shit.

SK needs to pull back on the completion stuff, yes it's good we're better at it but it's at a cost to what the Warriors have always been and will always be best at - attack. Not quite advocating going back to 100% hot potato footy/jungle ball/(insert Aussie Warriors cliche here) stuff, but certainly 60-70%...

If SK and co think the team have improved, then I need to hear precisely how and where that alleged improvement has occured. Once I know what they think has improved, I can judge whether I think that's significant. Using my second point as an example, I'd rather we improved the attack than the completion rates, but I can see why SK would see that as of higher importance as it's something we've not been good at traditionally.

Biff and shoulder charges - don't miss either of 'em. I would amend the rule about punishment for fights, though. If two players want to go at it, just leave them to it for a bit, then if it doesn't fizzle out (usually, they do after 1-2 punches) blow it up. Don't charge either of those players, but sin-bin the first player from either side who runs in to "protect his teammate".
    Exception would be a situation like when Tallis unloaded on Ben Ross, that was vicious enough for a send-off.

• List
  13. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

I want the Warriors to be the club they were for so long. The team that could beat anyone, the team you had to play 80 minutes against or we would steal it int he 79th. Not the team you just have to play 40 against and preserve some energy to walk over us for 40.

My memories of the Warriors:
    My first league game where we scored 4 in the last 16 minutes(I think) to tie it up at Wellington, the comeback of comebacks. 2002, when we just kicked so much ass, Fa'afili was the bomb, or more specifically caught all of Stacey's bombs.
    The 2008 finals. 8th doesn't beat 1st, Oh wait, the Warriors just beat the Storm.
    the 2011 finals, against some disgracefully bad calls, the Warriors still mange to claw a win in dying minutes against the Tigers int eh finals.

It didn't matter what was against us, it didn't matter what the other team did or tried to do, we could beat any of them on any given day. No matter how much we were losing by, it didn't matter how many calls went against us, it didn't matter how good the opposition was, The warriors could thump em.

not now :(

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  14. ramps
    Join:
    May 2, 2013

ramps 1st Grade Fringe

I want Eric Watson and Tony Iro to leave. i feel they are the weakness in our head office. I want to see Mannering win a premiership, whether itll ever be here or ill accept as a true fan if he chose to leave for the opportunity. He has dragged this team along for years and if anyone deserves it, he does. He deserves so much better than what he has got from this team. Kearney is clueless. His NRL win percentage says it all. He's living off potential which is what this whole team is doing. Replace him with a proven premiership coach. Easier said than done obviously but thats what i want to see. This club has become a joke. Things still need to change otherwise this team is history.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  15. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

All those who want to see players give it 100% on the field.

The next question why are they not giving it 100% on the field...?

Cue "what is wrong with the Warriors" thread.... to me its not development. Its the culture.

And losing has been an accepted part of it too long. Some people would rather see us lose than replace the coach every year.

Thats a ridiculous way of thinking in my books...i say you keep on firing if the coach cant deliver in 12 months. Its that simple.

Churn over 10 coaches in 10 years if thats what it takes to find a WINNER

• List
  16. The Truth
    Join:
    Jun 17, 2013

The Truth 1st Grade Fringe

I have given up on us trying to be a team that finished top 4 every year. It's not in our D.N.A.
    We are and always have been a team that is hot and cold, a team that can score from anywhere. A team that does stupid shit but makes up for it with an exciting finish.
    Forget about trying to be Melbourne.
    Does anyone really think that we are going to out Melbourne, Melbourne?
    Fuck no we won't.
    Give it up.
    Play to our fucken strengths, which have always been our strength.
    Forwards running fucken hard off the back fence, throwing offloads and ripping teams open.
    Hurting the opposition.
    I want us to be the team that creates something that counters teams like Melbourne.
    Stop trying to be something we are not. Be who we are.
    Big fucken Poly boys winding up with a few hard nosed Aussies keeping shit together.
    Wingers who are wingers.
    Centres that can pass.
    Speed through the middle.
    Forget about percentages.
    Play your fucken guts out.
    Get rid of the 3x 80minute backrowers. They aren't hurting shit. Keep one to play 80. We all know who.
    Use our bench.
    Pick 4 guys who will all play at least 25-40 minutes. Preference to big fuckers.
    If we drop balls and fuck out, at least we gave it a go.
    That is what I want.
    When do I want it?
    6 years ago.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • List
  17. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

That is The Truth! Bro.

I'm all in for that!

Thats the sort of spirit and energy we need!

Great post!

• List
  18. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Winning. Dont care if we win by playing boring or attacking. Dont care if Kearney, Doyle or Watson is at the club. Dont care about the Jerseys or if we have the best looking cheerleaders or the largest tv screen in Auckland.

Only care about winning and the players doing their best day in day out, during their away time when the nutritionists arent looking etc to fulfil that. Until we have that mindset we will always remain a mediocre club.

• List
  19. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

How much better would the Warriors be if they'd stuck with Cleary for two more years? (IIRC, he wanted 3, Wayne Scurrah offered 1)

Is he the number one reason the club are in this mess, ultimately?

• List
  20. The Truth
    Join:
    Jun 17, 2013

The Truth 1st Grade Fringe

How good would it be to see us back playing as us.
    Good teams play to their strength.
    Ours is passion, flare and aggression.
    Let's hope one day it returns.

The NRL desperately needs the Warriors being the Warriors.
    Fans loved us for us.

If we went back to playing "our style" I would guarantee that we would have won more than 7 games this year.

• List