General Discussion What do you reckon

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Citygirl, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Citygirl
    Join:
    May 3, 2016

Citygirl 1st Grade Fringe

Sorry I couldn't resist, could this be us next year

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

2. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Ummm let me think umm still thinking. Ok got it. No! Maybe if we change to AFL we could be a chance.

3. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 1st Grade Fringe

No because Tiges play aggressive smother defence, we play the opposite.

4. The Cheap Seats
    Join:
    May 18, 2015

The Cheap Seats 1st Grade Fringe

Love the sentiment.
    Feel none of the hope.

5. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Not sure the players would like the sleeveless Jerseys on those cold Mt Smart evenings!!

6. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

'Some men see things which are and wonder why, I see things that never were and wonder why not'. Henry David Thoreau. Lovely thought to turn things round like that.

However another Thoreau quote is more appropriate for the Warriors as they are. 'It takes two to speak the truth, one to speak it, and one to listen.'

7. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

YES!

But I've thought it was our year many times before so take my comment with a grain of salt.

8. mtsmart
    Join:
    Jul 19, 2013

mtsmart Warriors Bench Player

I've come up with an amazing formula for predicting where the Warriors will finish next season. Since next year is 2018, the formula is: 2 + 0 + 1 + 8 = 11. The Warriors will finish in 11th place in 2018!!!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

9. The Cheap Seats
    Join:
    May 18, 2015

The Cheap Seats 1st Grade Fringe

Geez, we need to reinvent the Gregorian Calander.
    Bring on year 1 of the Warriors Age.

10. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

It doesn't matter who is recruited, unless there is a desire to train and prepare over the whole organisation results will continue to be sketchy

The Storm's success is based on hard work and single mindedness in carrying out their roles. They have a core of players who run the show, and, this is the biggest difference from the Warriors, the rest of the team back them up relentlessly. They know their core will create the opportunities if they keep working hard. I know Cronk, Slater and Smith are legends. When you look at it, RTS, SJ and Luke are not too shabby either. However the rest of the Warriors sit back and let them create then join in. It is arse about face.

The Storm passing is so good and early because they know the support will be there, it gives that split second more time. The good passing is obviously relentlessly practiced in training under pressure of fatigue. They expect, and get excellence.

Young Warriors have to realize getting a contract isn't the target. It is playing a role to improve the team. Getting the contract is the start of the work.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  11. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Before he passed away, my father and I had a discussion about the difference between the Warriors and the Storm. Because he served in WW2, he described the Storm as being like Sterlings 1st SAS or the German Fallschirmjäger (parachutists) being elite, highly trained units while the Warriors was the equivalent of the Polish Calvary charging at German tanks - courageous but with no concept of what was required for modern warfare of the time.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  12. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

All guts but no glory.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  13. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Your father was very polite about the Warriors. There are some very gutsy players there, but not enough. Some are just lazy bastards.