General Discussion What Is Wrong With The Warriors?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by bruce, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Owner Eric Watson

2. CEO Jim Doyle

3. Coach Stephen Kearney

4. Players

5. Recruitment

6. Development

7. Too many NZ developed players

8. Too many South Aucklanders

9. Too many Polynesians

10. Not enough white players

11. Not enough Aussies

12. Club culture

13. Mt Smart Stadium/Auckland

14. Lack of leadership

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Bob was the number one suspect for counting wrong with the extra sub against Wests in 1995:eek:. He had a massive bearing on the fortunes of the club:(. Very nice guy though.:)

Campion raised eyebrows in his first training. They were practising tackles and he put Logan Swann right on his arse. Moral of the story train like to intend to play.

Two trainspotter questions for you Mount Welington:
    1. Who was the first Tongan born player to be selected for the Kiwis?
    2. Who was the New Zealand born son of immigrants who had never played league in is life, and signed to play for a Sydney club pre NRL, and in his very first game, after only one weeks coaching, his performance was described as one of the finest seen in years by no less than the legendary late Frank Hyde.

I have a point to make when you have answered them.:)

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Unless they get special treatment like the Eels they are in for a strict caning, then they will have to deal with a depleted roster. I think I would rather be a Warriors fan because as much as I dislike Watson, that Ray Dib sounds like a real three speed walking stick.

3. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza Warriors Bench Player

What was the Eels special treatment, other than losing a shitload of points (TBH they should have lost the lot) and having to unload some players.
    Would have preferred to have kept Peats and flicked Foran

4. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

The problem with the Warriors is of many parts. Management, Coaching, Development, Recruitment are all part of it. However it comes down to one thing, effort.

Until our players are held accountable and are fronted over poor efforts we will get nowhere. These guys surround themselves with people who enable this behaviour. If they are not how does that affect those players who put it out there very week.?

They must be held responsible personally for their behaviour, they are employed and paid by the Warriors and NRL. Those players shirking are bringing the game into disrepute, which surely is grounds to void a Contract.

They are not just disrespecting the Warriors, it is the NRL teams, players and fans as well.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  5. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

They got off very lightly because the NRL are scared of AFL encroaching into West Sydney. They should have got the wooden spoon and been docked points for this season as well.

6. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

just like the Warriors, Melbourne, Canterbury, and Canberra. I believe going hard on them for that season deducting all points fines etc but not into
    the following season. Your statement about AFL encroaching into Western Sydney is way off the mark. When was the last time you took a drive around
    Western Sydney ( Parramatta to Penrith) on a Sat morning. Let me tell you there are only two sports out there league and league.

The Giants who have had reasonable success pulled a massive crowd of 10,000 to Spotless Stadium several weeks ago. Same weekend Parra and the Tigers 30,000

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  7. Harlz
    Join:
    Aug 15, 2013

Harlz 1st Grade Fringe

I cant really put my finger on it BUT In the last 6 years we have seen the Cowboys much like the Warriors become constant title contenders and winners, We have seen the Sharks win their first title in 100 years, we have seen the rise and fall of Manly and the Dogs, we have seen the Eels go through financial issues crash and burn and rise from the Ashes, we have seen the Raiders the team no one wants to go to become a real powerhouse of a pack with TOO much talent, we have seen the Rooster go from bottom 4 to top 4.

So how does relate to our club? Not sure but whatever the fuck those clubs did to rebuild within an instant I want that.

• List
  8. theleagueguy
    Join:
    May 9, 2015

theleagueguy Warriors Bench Player

cowboy's got the best player in the World for nothing in Jonathan Thurston. Flanagan took six years to win a grand final with a whole lot of dramas.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

9. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Roger Tuivasa-Sheck: I've been trying too hard
    10 Aug, 2017 3:18pm
    4 minutes to read

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Roger Tuivasa-Sheck of the Warriors. Photo / Getty
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Sports writer
    This email is not visible to you. Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Ahead of Sunday's clash against Canberra at Mt Smart Stadium, the Kiwis international admits he needs to stop trying to force matters and worry more about linking better with his fellow playmakers.

"My errors in the last couple of games have come through trying too hard," said Tuivasa-Sheck.

"That's been my focus this week, making sure I get the small things right and not calling for the ball every run because I'm trying too hard, and start to connect a lot more. Those are my work-ons.

"At times I over-do it and that's the kind of player I am. I like to play a lot and get involved, but the last two weeks I've been doing it too much and trying to win the game in every second.

"That's where it's been going wrong for me so trying to connect with the whole team is the work-on."

Coach Stephen Kearney was frustrated and disappointed with the effort of some of his players in last week's defeat to Newcastle, but realises some of his under-performing stars are only guilty of trying too hard.

Similar to Tuivasa-Sheck, former captain Simon Mannering has also been below his best in recent weeks, while doing his best to create some attacking spark.

"There's a couple of individuals, I think Simon is probably making uncharacteristic mistakes," said Kearney.

"And that's what you have with guys that are trying to win or lift the team by trying to make something happen.

"So what that often does, is it forces them to push a little bit harder or do something they wouldn't normally do, and I've seen that from a couple of individuals. And that's why they are the players that they are because that's the character they have."

Tuivasa-Sheck admits his first year as skipper has been more challenging than expected and says his leadership skills are developing on the fly.

Along with the close support of the club's senior leadership group and coaching staff, he also looks for guidance from his church pastor and has recently taken to reading the books of self-help guru Tony Robbins.

And after being a part of a winning culture during four years at the Sydney Roosters (2012-2015), he regularly seeks the advice of former premiership winning captain and mentor, Anthony Minichiello, about how to create a similar environment at the Warriors.

"It's definitely been a challenge each week but it's a journey I'm really excited about," he said.

"It's tough and I'm still trying to work it out. There was a feeling in camp in 2013 that I thought I could feel, that there was something good going on here, and that's what I'm trying to find.

"I'm still speaking to guys like Anthony Minichiello and players over there about 'how do I create that feeling here' and each time their answer is 'just make sure that you get yourself right and hopefully players will soon follow'."

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

I recall an interview with Trent Robinson early this year and the reporters usual line was " I suppose you will be in a rebuilding phase" referring to
    the shit year they had in 2016. Robinsons reply was "we don't have time to rebuild, we need results now".
    On the front foot and no fucking around

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 12
    • List
  11. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

I think all this attention on the Warriors is a good thing, players need to be called out, Lisone, Afoa, Kata, Matalino before he signed with the Tigers, To some extent Luke and few others need a fuckin good wake up call. Don't these prick realise it doesn't get any worse than this? No other club would won't some of these pricks especially Lisone and Afoa,step up or fuck off. I no a lot of us have mentioned we would kill to be in these prick positions and but the facts are we arnt good enough which fucks me off even more because these guys have the talent they just need to work their ass off to get anywhere in the NRL. It's time to stop cruising and think they have already made it when in reality the have done/made fuck all.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  12. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Fuckin great post.

No time to fuck around and "build". Deliever now or piss off.

THAT HAS TO BE THE ATTITUDE

• List
  13. Coops
    Join:
    Apr 16, 2013

Coops Warriors Bench Player

When was the last time we saw one of our lads steaming in like this?: Not huge, not that fit, all attitude and energy.

• List
  14. theleagueguy
    Join:
    May 9, 2015

theleagueguy Warriors Bench Player

The Warriors play as hard as any team, they simple don't have the size. I don't think there is a player in the league that tries as hard as Simon Mannering, that was the wrap on Jazz Tavega, James Bell, Elijah Taylor, David Bhana, Bunt Afoa & John Palavi dito Chris Sio. More importantly they are just soft in the contact, Matulino, Lillyman, Vete. James Gavet wrestle fights we need players to have the size like Gavet and to run as hard as he does. We are probably just learning how important Manu Vatuvei real was not only with his tries but also his go forward, covered up for how poor our forwards where in the contact.

• List
  15. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Excuse me SK, but I have two years to run on my contract:D...and you haven't got anybody better than me in the reserves so see my middle finger pointing upwards:finger:

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

While I'm at it there are no fucking consequences for there actions or inactions. Pricks make the same
    mistakes week after week and still get picked for FG. Let me use the Roosters as another example, I'm sure
    you've all heard of Latrell Mitchell. Very good player with a shitload of potential. Started off like a house on fire then had some really bad games, so what does Robinson do? He fucks him off to the ISP for 3 weeks.
    He comes back a better player with a better attitude. Doesn't cuddle him and tell it's everyone else's fault.
    We are now into round 23 and that fucking imposter Luke finally gets dropped. Fuck me, anyone would think he's got photos of SK coming out of a gay club.
    Can anyone please explain what Bunty Afoa provides to the team other than big hair. Too many average players
    with shit attitudes. The whole lot of them need an enema, get rid of all the shit

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  17. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

wanna bet?

Roache, you're starting hooker this week.

Enjoy reserves Luke.

Shut the door on your way out.

Anyone else ? Lisone you got another wedding to go this weekend? Sipley's asking me to take your place for some FG practice before he pisses off to Manly

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Bluecat again
    Join:
    Sep 30, 2012

Bluecat again Hopelessly hopeful Contributor

I think club culture is a huge part of what's wrong
    Have we got short memories of the amateur way that the club has been run?
    It seems to me the Warriors have pretty much always been a basket case of a club
    Super league
    Tainui
    Graham Lowe and Mark Graham
    The club in tatters
    The rise and fall of Daniel Anderson and Mick Watson
    Tony Kemp coaching
    Salary cap issues
    The Ivan Cleary years and kick it to Manu. I can still remember the complaints about crap players and coaching.
    We improved under Cleary to average for a few years
    Scurrah
    Bluey
    Elliot
    The huge numbers of fantastic players that we have either lost, let go, or driven crazy
    16 seasons where we have been in the bottom half of the ladder
    Apart from a couple of years with Anderson and a couple with Cleary we have been less than average for the entire history of the club
    I think for me that every year adds a bit more weight so that it looks worse and worse
    I'm pissed off but take it back to the DB slogan in the very early days
    Loyal to the bitter end

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

Have to feel for Roger, absolute superstar 2 years ago with the football world at his feet...
    Today..desperately searching for answers on how to fix this rabble.
    Sorry bro, not even mastering the 36 Chambers of Shaolin will help you with this lot.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  20. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

Bloody hell.

I've seen and heard it all now...

• List