Recruitment Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2017/2018?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by NZWarriors.com, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Panther
    Join:
    Aug 13, 2016

Panther U20's Player

Definitely think he is worth investigating, has some issues but it sounds like he is trying to sort those and works hard in a football sense. Financially low cost and I think the Broncos are looking at him, which is a good reference.

2. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

Unfortunately, there's a Titans job standing in the way. If I was Madge, I know which one I'd be going for. But you're right - Madge being suddenly available should make the Warriors brain stems trust think "Hang on a tick...." and call to see if he's interested. "No" would probably be the answer, but they should make the call.

Can we move NRL360 to Auckland? That seems our only shot now of getting James Graham.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Talk last night on Matt Johns show about Moylan potentially linking up with Manly next season, Trent Barrett coached him in the juniors, that'd leave Blake Green free to come to the Warriors #makeithappen

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • List
  4. Paulo24
    Join:
    Mar 3, 2014

Paulo24 Warriors Bench Player

Surely David Tyrrel worth a 150k -200k?
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Winston...
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Winston... Warriors Bench Player

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• List
  6. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Nathan Ryan, Ben Glover and Ben Ikin spoke to Green on their podcast a few days ago, Green shutdown any talk saying he didn't know where it was coming from with his focus being on the Finals which is standard fair for players involved in football at this time of the year.

If you remember we heard the same from Blair and Beale just a few days ago.

7. Old Sid
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2014

Old Sid 1st Grade Fringe

I think signing Green would be a terrific move as a foil for SJ. Older experienced head with a more than solid kicking game, steady as...
    Kind of guy, given the chance, I'd see Mason Lino developing into in 2-3 years. Flying under the radar.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

So we gona sign some quality props or is Blair it.

Remember when we were going to sign NAS and Graham ? Lolol

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List

9. WarriorFaither
    Join:
    Jul 8, 2016

WarriorFaither U20's Player

I hope Blair isn't the only prop on the way. I've got my fingers crossed that we get announcements filtering through as teams get eliminated from the finals. I get the feeling I shouldn't be holding my breath though

• List
  10. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

NAS and Graham.. Lolz did you really think that? Dreams are free.

We clearly are going after other props, it's been said by good sources that we'll know a lot more in a month.

I'm thinking Sam Moa, dependant on whether Catalans get demoted.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  11. sballer7
    Join:
    May 21, 2015

sballer7 Warriors Bench Player

I'm gonna preface this by saying I'm not a big fan of this guy however I think at the current time he would be a good addition.

What does everyone think about Greg Bird...his manager has openly stated he wants to return to the Nrl, particularly as Catalans are looking like being relegated. As stated, I've never been a huge fan, but I've always rated his competitiveness and toughness. He would bring a level of starch to our pack that we havent seen for years, similar to a campion style signing. Obviously it would be dependant on getting him on a lower to mid tier deal and due to his age(33) probably a max of two years. The guy could def teach some of our young guys what it takes to be an elite Nrl player.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  12. DavidMcKay1974
    Join:
    Aug 28, 2013

DavidMcKay1974 1st Grade Fringe

Also what's the chances of re-signing RTS next year with him in the last year of his contract once 2018 hits. Surely we'd be nuts to let him go. Always worried about that. Surely with all the new signings we'd be a chance of keeping him.

• List
  13. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

Sign Moa or a prop of similar quality and we have a much better squad for 2018. Throw in Blake Green and there should be no excuses for not making the eight next year.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

Back to Sydney

15. kos
    Join:
    Mar 16, 2013

kos 1st Grade Fringe

Being Gold Coast based I have been to 90 per cent of the Titans games in the last 10 years. Bird is a tough bugger and a forward leader and is old school. You could see he can inspire his fellow players to work harder. The Titans seriously missed Bird and Zeb Taia this year.
    Would think Bird will land at the Knights he is from Newcastle.
    But if we could get him it would make a difference we would get a dependable hard nosed player with reliability levels like Simon.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  16. Jwoodzy02
    Join:
    Nov 14, 2015

Jwoodzy02 Warriors Bench Player

Can't stand the guy

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  17. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

Bird is a stain. He has a captain moving into coaching role with the dragons, doubt he'd move.

On that fox article posted above, Nathan Ryan says we're in the market for a $120k prop. Sounds like naf all, maybe someone like Tyrell would be a good option for that cash.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  18. sballer7
    Join:
    May 21, 2015

sballer7 Warriors Bench Player

Like I said not a fan, mainly coz of who he played for...but he'd strengthen our forward sticks considerably. The articles that I've read have said he has a clause in his contract that if Catalans are relegated he is eligible to be released.

• List
  19. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

I agree. What sort of money would Satae, Sipley's be on? Is $120k a top reserve grade prop or is it way less?

20. Chchfanatic
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2017

Chchfanatic Warriors Bench Player

How about a solid first grader like David Gower