Recruitment Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2018/2019?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Oct 15, 2017.

1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE Contributor

Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2018/2019?

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

This thread is for players you want to see signed by the club that dont have a rumour attached to them. Players like the ones above for example.

Unlike the Recruitment thread you can name anyone you wish from any code, country or planet.

We admins will start the ball rolling.

We need to sign a big bopper monster freak 85 minute prop!

How about Dean Whare? Rene Ranger? James Graham? Cooper Cronk? Incredible Hulk?

Fire away guys...

2. ngelvgana
    Join:
    Oct 5, 2017

ngelvgana Waterboy

Of the off contract players id be looking at
    Daniel Alvaro - bloomed late in '17 for the Eels..big, still young, no nonsense hard nut aussie who has some attacking flair
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. - big, young, talented and would suit the Warriors style.
    Esan Marsters - again, big, young and talented. Can play s/row or centre. This guy is a real talent and again would really fit into the Warriors style and imagine he could do some real damage outside Johnson with a real good offload for wingers to reap rewards.
    Luke Keary - would solve no6 probs, still young, consistent and his defence is improving rapidly.Would through the biggest ever Warriors contract long term at this guy.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  3. jonesy101
    Join:
    Aug 28, 2016

jonesy101 1st Grade Fringe

How about Jason Taumalolo? Just think - he would be wearing a black, red and white jersey all year so there would be no confusion as to who he's representing.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Selector
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2015

Selector 1st Grade Fringe

Off contract in 2018 players I would be targeting to sign

Esan Marsters
    Sauaso Sue
    Joseph Manu
    Junior Paulo
    Villiame Kikau
    Daniel Saifiti
    Jacob Saifiti
    Jaydn Su'A
    Tui Kamikamica
    Isaac Liu
    and if RTS does not re-sign I would target Jamayne Isaako

• List
  5. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

I would be going hard after Marsters, Manu, Liu and Kikau.

I think Villiame Kikau has the potential to be the best forward in the game.

The rest I think we would struggle to convince to come to NZ. Could possibly poach Paulo if the Raiders are still struggling with the cap.

• List
  6. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

You don't think the Saifiti Bros would be worth a shot, perhaps an uncle could persuade them..

• List
  7. Selector
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2015

Agreed. Marsters and Manu are to of the hottest young Kiwi talents in the game so skill-full and would add a point of difference to the Warriors. Liu is hugely underrated. Villiame Kikau is a special talent he has it all. Would be willing to pay overs to secure his signature, like you said has the potential to be the best forward in the game. Don't see the Saifiti brothers leaving Newcastle if I'm being honest but they are two of the best up and coming young props in the NRL. Junior Paulo it would take a monumental offer to get him to move from Australia. Tui Kamicamica just made his NRL debut this year for the storm, but being in that storm system he will go close to being NRL rookie of the year next year.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    • List
  8. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

I’m a bit of Ryan James fan. Lots of aggression, plays a bit close to the line at times. Doesn’t take a backward step

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List

9. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

So is Wayne Bennett, which pozzaz the ? Where would James choose, up the highway or over the ditch..

• List
  10. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Good point, in our perfect Warrior World he would come to us for unders, because he wants to learn the haka

11. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah Im very high on Kikau, if we can get his signature early that would be game changing for us because once he plays enough first grade games and gets the exposure then he's going to be chased heavily by every club at which point we would have to put a line through his name.

I don't think the Saifiti bros would ever consider leaving Newcastle but they are definitely going to be around for years and have amazing ability. Jayden Sua is from Brisbane originally so I don't think he'll leave, but he is another one that has incredible potential as a two way player.

• List
  12. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

I'm interested to see how Alex Walmsley plays against Australia. He's a big guy and makes plenty of metres in ESL, biggest test to come though

13. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

You mean the backflip..

14. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Ah yes AKA as the DCE

15. Selector
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2015

According to the Daily Telegraph, Isaac Liu is only on $200,000 and Joseph Manu is on $150,000. Source: Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Surely the Warriors can offer them more $$$ to get them to make the move. Even someone like Zane Tetevano only on $120,000, only signed for next season at the Roosters could be worth a gamble has a natural agression to his game the Warriors lack.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  16. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

I could see Kearney liking Tetevano, as you say he has natural aggression but has a good work ethic to match. No sipping latte’s in Bondi for Zane, he apparently drives 2-3 hours down the coast everyday for training then back again, hard not to like that commitment especially in this day and age but would the Roosters release him given he’s on such small coin I’m not so sure but I’d take any of those 3 players you mention.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  17. Selector
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2015

He's only on a one year deal for next season. Was only on a 1 year deal for this season until they re-signed him for next season. Sure the Warriors could offer him a longer term contract i.e. 2-3 years on the same coin which would offer him and his family more stability. Which you would think would be hugely attractive to him,.

• List
  18. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

For me it’s probably whether the Roosters would be prepared to release him given he isn’t costing them a hell of a lot and their getting good value out of him but as you say they could look favourably in terms of his release if the Warriors offered a long term contract, that would certainly be one way.

A Tetavano/Manu package deal would be outstanding and would give the Roosters close to the $400k they supposedly need to get Cronk in under the cap.

One rumour apparently going around here in Oz is Cronk = Roosters, Pearce = Manly, Green = Warriors but I’m not sure about it’s origins or legitimacy.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  19. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

That would be nice

• List
  20. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

Tetevano is an absolute unit and has the aggression to match. He's on such little coin because of his history of off field issues. If we were to go after him id just hope these issues are behind him, because normally I would be against signing blokes that bash their missus. Manu does need a lot of work on his defence, but I reckon if we could get him out the potential Cronk signing he could be a day 1 starter for us. Im doubtful that they would let go of Manu though and especially Liu who has become such a key player in their forward pack over the last season. To be honest I think they would release Taukeiaho before they release Liu.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List