Recruitment Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2018/2019?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

Those 3 are all under contract, but would be massive to get Kikau. I honestly think he may become the biggest name in NRL at some point.

No thanks on Levi. Too inconsistent and his size gets exposed on defence. Would rather persist with Roache because if healthy he has far more potential than Levi.

Agree on Dylan Brown. Huge talent. Unsure if the club would go after him though, seems like they're all in on the development of Chanel Harris Tavita.

2. t-wade23
    Join:
    Jun 7, 2012

t-wade23 1st Grade Fringe

Leeson Ah-Mau for me dude has been real good off the bench this year for the drags could be a handy pickup

3. enterthewarrior
    Join:
    Mar 9, 2013

enterthewarrior 1st Grade Fringe

David Nofoaluma seems to be on outer at the West Tigers. Would be a good pick up for the Warriors. I was shocked when he didn't make the round 1 team. He would be the first player picked at Tigers if i was coach.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Danpatmac
    Join:

Danpatmac Guest

quite possibly the worst defender in the nrl

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. enterthewarrior
    Join:
    Mar 9, 2013

enterthewarrior 1st Grade Fringe

Really? I've never watched many Tigers games so i wouldn't know much about his defence but i know his attack is really good.

6. Danpatmac
    Join:

Danpatmac Guest

dude is an absolute turnstile

7. Chats271
    Join:
    Aug 9, 2017

Chats271 1st Grade Fringe

We also do not need anymore outsidebacks, we are staaaacked in that department, plus he doesn't really offer much more than what Kata/Maumalo would from my point of view.

Another prop would round out our team nicely i think

8. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

What do you guys think our chances are of keeping this team together for next season?
    Besides Mannering maybe retiring which I hope not but is up to him.Do you guys think we can keep
    Them all .
    With some of our boys deserving FG positions an not getting much time eg CNK,Mason Lino
    Vete ,Gelling, Satae,Sao,An Papalihi what' will happen.

9. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

I can't see all of the players above staying. I'm sure they'll attract offers from clubs who can give them regular game time. In saying that , they're all NZ'ers so that will play a big part in their decisions.

I heard Peter Ropati (blast from the past) on the radio over the weekend and he said the Warriors need a ball playing back rower.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  10. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

I’d like to think (especially if we keep winning) is we could create a Brisbaneesque situation where players want to play for an NZ team and buy into what we are trying to build rather than chasing the pay check.
    Reality is though money can be a huge factor

11. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

That's a very cliche comment from Peter, watching the forwards in rnd 1 the passing between them was very skillful and I believe this pack will develop that trait a lot further the more they earn the right. At the pointy end of the season I can see them really coming on..

12. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Harris is a all playing backrower .

13. drake83
    Join:
    Jan 14, 2013

drake83 1st Grade Fringe

Broncos have the thouroughbreds who give out brown paper bags

14. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Should sign Maumalo and Luke for next year.
    I'd hold out on Simon for a while. might be his last year if we win the big dance.
    A year is a long time to come back for Roache so we will need Luke for another year.

15. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito Warriors 1st Grader

Kenny Marmalade is the tricky one, on form you should re-sign him now, but this is his chance to get some real money, someone could look at the warriors and think it’d be nice to have that big boy start our sets for us.

16. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Im hoping the lure of playing in a successful team will be enough for Mannering to go around another year on a downgraded deal- freeing up a bit of cash to spend in other areas.
    We've seen the likes of Lockyer and gallen do the same recently.

17. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

I would seriously try to conserve Mannering this season and play him off the bench if needed.

Boys are going top gun right now so there’s no need for him to bash himself unnecessarily.

He played 60min on Sat. & would try to keep him under that for the rest of the season.

18. BiggerD
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

BiggerD 1st Grade Fringe

Israel Folau as he might be punted by the Wallabies.

His wife lives here..so its no problem being in Auckland

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. t-wade23
    Join:
    Jun 7, 2012

t-wade23 1st Grade Fringe

We have a younger,better,cheaper version of Folau in Fusitua so no thanks besides the club is flush with outside back cover and don’t want to tie the cap up on a position that is already strong depth wise.

Money should be spent on a prop that can give you quality minutes and 12/15 runs a game at the moment that would be the only thing missing from this squad imo.

20. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Fus one wing, Israel the other no?

With RTS at FB that would have to be the deadliest back 3 in the history of the game

I would be gagging if that ever happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.