Recruitment Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2018/2019?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Oct 15, 2017.

1. t-wade23
    Join:
    Jun 7, 2012

t-wade23 1st Grade Fringe

Not for me he would be more a luxury than anything he would command top dollar as well which I think would be better suited for other positions of need.

Maumalo,Beale,Sosomea,CNK,Pauga while not the talent Folau is or will be feel the club is covered enough outside back wise.

2. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

I’d throw top $$$ at a good prop as you suggested but where does that leave Gavet, Bunty, Lisone, Passi, Sao, Paalii, Blair? even mighty Simon had a stint at Prop On the weekend. We look stacked in the forwards right now...

If Israel was keen to open discussions because of his kiwi connections you’d be foolish not to engage

Maybe just divy up the top $$$ and give everyone in the team a pay-rise....?

3. Juju
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2012

Juju 1st Grade Fringe

Israel's views towards homosexuals certainly align with our potential new owners...

4. t-wade23
    Join:
    Jun 7, 2012

t-wade23 1st Grade Fringe

Agreed with Folau if it’s at the right price you would be silly not to explore it don’t get me wrong I would like him but just think at the moment the club should focus elsewhere

It’s a great problem to have for most forwards to be in good form however I still think we’re a bit light up front that last 20 in the cowboys game highlighted that for me didn’t have anyone that could punch through maybe Gavet fills that void this season.

If Mannering is indeed retiring that frees up some cash and a spot in the pack like I’ve mentioned already in this thread would like Leeson Ah-Mau to comeback the lure of not only coming back to NZ but a starting spot which I think he deserves the last two seasons would be something the club could offer.

8.Gavet
    9.Luke
    10.Ah-Mau
    11.Pulu
    12.Harris
    13.Blair

5. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

Come on, Folau would be a waste of cap. We don't need to waste $800k+ on a centre, with Beale, Hiku, Ashyford and Kata on the roster next season. That's just using your cap on flashy stuff you don't need. We aren't losing anyone of decent value to even buy a decent NRL starter, let alone a star union player. Mannering is the only one who would be on a decent contract, and would be crazy to give his coin to a back.

Is he worth the cash? Maybe. For us, the Warriors? No.

Ken deserves a 1-2 year deal. Wingers don't get paid much, apparently Gould is laughing at Mansours attempts for $400k (an injury prone, but Australian rep). Ken would probably be worth half that.

6. Stone
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Stone 1st Grade Fringe

A big NO to Israel Folau

I don't doubt the guys ability but ...

I'm pretty sure he's the highest paid player in Aus Union so I'm assuming he'd want nothing less than top dollar to come here

We already have a class act outside back in Fusitua who's much younger & still getting better

No place in our teams new culture for a guy who's prepared to comment online with dumbass religious homophobic nonsense

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  7. ko wai ra
    Join:
    Nov 15, 2014

ko wai ra Warriors Bench Player

Imagine if Tof wanted out of manly!!!
    How much potential would b realized if carvo got to wrk on him.....

8. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

negative on israel, guys is a dick, we are on the good people make good warriors buzz.

9. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Agree re most people's thoughts on Folau. You could possibly justify the salary he'd want if he was playing fullback. That's obviously not an option, and I agree it would be a large waste of cap for a centre/winger.

10. francis faafua
    Join:
    Jul 30, 2016

francis faafua Warriors Bench Player

couldnt agree more with you he'll be a damn good buy if we could get him

11. Deranged
    Join:
    May 24, 2012

Deranged 1st Grade Fringe

That's one guy we know wont be wanting any blowjobs.

12. francis faafua
    Join:
    Jul 30, 2016

whats up with everyone wanting more big props ?? i'd stick to buying mobile back row forwards like joseph tapine..guys with good d & strong carries..rotate some as props without losing your mobility in the pack..plus develop our own...it seems to be working ok for us atm

13. francis faafua
    Join:
    Jul 30, 2016

we dont need folau

14. francis faafua
    Join:
    Jul 30, 2016

fk him he wanted to go..he will enjoy playing reserve grade...we're doing just fine without all the guys that have left

15. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

The way things are going now should hopefully provide some benefits for our recruitment. It doesn't fix our location if that is a detriment as every player will be different. But we will be a better proposition now that it looks like we are on the rise.

Before the season started I thought we were thin on edge forwards. Harris was the main one. Then it looked like Mannering was moving there. Since the season started Papalii and Pulu have stood up there.

The concern during the pre-season was a big middle forward. Now we are holding our own and also playing with a tiny middle unit during portions of games and running sides off their feet. We could get a big body to provide a different dynamic when needed.

Then how do they see Lawton as a half or a dummy half. Do they stick with Lawton and Lino as backup halves or do they sign another backup?

We won't see a large number of signings as they did the bulk last year. But we are in a lot better place to round out the squad.

Another recruitment question(s).
    Beside possibly Mannering retiring or taking a lower deal where does the cap space come from?
    Who do you see the club losing/releasing?

16. ForTheLoveOfGod
    Join:
    Sep 5, 2017

ForTheLoveOfGod Warriors Bench Player

Noa Nandruku, Ken Nagas and Gary Belcher say hi

Darren Lockyer, Wendell Sailor and Lote Tui say hi

Justin Hodges, Darius Boyd and Karmichael Hunt say hi

Jarryd Hayne, Luke Burt and Eric Grothe Jnr say hi

Billy Slater, Suliasi Vunivalu and Josh Ado Carr say hi

17. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

the only difference between this comment now and last year was "Man" was replaced with "Mud"....what a difference 5 wins makes

18. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

i cant believe all this talk of Mannering possibly playing his last year !!

Really ??

Simon is only 31, Corey Parker retired at 34 or 35. Im sure the last 4 weeks was Simons longest injury lay off in over 12 years

The guy is probably the Warriors greatest forward ! Why cant he go another 3 ?

19. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

I'd take falou on the condition we get first dibs on their first born son- that kids gonna be a super freak.

It's quite interesting all of a sudden we seem quite strong across the park. I'm really not sure where I'd be looking to spend our money (if we have any?).
    With the success the the boys are having I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more kiwi boys decided they were a bit "homesick".

20. Sebastian
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Sebastian 1st Grade Fringe

We have the makings of a very good team. You can always improve in life. Though we must be careful to only consolidate and improve. It must be improve. Containing the current side seems more important than improving. Some of these 100+ gamer's are going to start flourishing if they havn't already. A good signing or nothing at all. A replacement at worst.