Recruitment Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2018/2019?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Oct 15, 2017.

1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

His body may not be up for it. He has said as much himself...

2. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

AusWarriorsFan 1st Grade Fringe

How much do you think is in the budget? Id have thought we are pretty much on Empty now, but contract closures could change that.

I think we have the right backs, Im a little dissapointed in Kata in the last couple of seasons, but I dont know if Id replace him. he doesnt have that steam role effect you expect from guys with his hip strength. The same could be said of Hurrell I guess. They had amazing 1st seasons then things just flattened out.

Forwards, well if Mannering goes, we definitely need 80 minutes forwards. We could clone Harris? Its nice having forwards who can run but also have a high tackle rate and can also replace a back if needed. I dont think we need any more book ends, providing Pulu is fit.

Id love to tau Taupau but we dont need him and he costs too much. We need tall, fast, 80 minute forwards, Id possibly try to poach another storm forward, Bromwich, if we had they money.

3. CompletionRate
    Join:
    Sep 13, 2015

CompletionRate 1st Grade Fringe

Honestly if they had the chance to land Taupau you'd think they would throw the checkbook at him. He is the ideal high-profile kiwi forward the Warriors should be chasing. He could turn us into a premiership force for sure.
    I would say JWH too, but he might not be good for culture, unless the shift across the tasman woke him up. He looks far too comfortable for the Chooks at the moment.
    Ah Mau is getting alot of interest. Gaining a profile in Aus for some of the best hard running; huge motor, would fit perfectly with the kind of style our pack plays. Off-Contract. Definitely the best option out there at the moment, and a natural fit with our squad. Fits the recruitment criteria.
    Of course there's always going to be Tapine who is very similar to Tohu in many respects. A young pro and fearless hole runner. Again, big motor and fits the criteira.
    Even probably Zane Musgrove from the bunnies who isn't seeing a lot of action at the moment, could potentially thrive in our culture at the moment with the fairly even competition for front row stocks.

Crazy things happen all the time in rugby league, but if Mannering were to retire, these are who they should call first. If even just for depth while Papali'i develops. Because if you look at who else we have, MLH, James Bell and Jazz, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

4. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

hopefully not on a cock... Israel might not like that

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Selector
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2015

Selector 1st Grade Fringe

What the game showed on the weekend is we are still missing a big body.

The club should have a look at someone like Sauaso Sue. Signed with the Tigers till the end of 2018 but has yet to play first grade this season. Sign him as a mid season signing ala Shaun Lane until the end of the season. If he does well give him a new contract if not release him. But I think he would be worth the gamble. Still only twenty five and has played over a 100 games and was pushing for Kiwis selection a few years ago.

6. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

Good player. But you said big body. He's no bigger than Blair.