Worst Warriors

Discussion in 'Vodafone Warriors' started by danpatmac_old, May 27, 2011.

1. danpatmac_old
    Join:

danpatmac_old Guest

2. ToiletDuck_old
    Join:

ToiletDuck_old Guest

Logan Swann! When did you start watching league? Logan was a big part of our '02 thrust.

Hame was at one time called the best impact player in the NRL.

And I was never a fan of Monty Betham (didn't think he actually did much on the field other than get suspended) but not sure if he warrants a worst warrior of all time tag.

What about guys like Corey Lawrie...If that's even how you spell his name.

I'd also put Greg Alexander in that team, that guy was such a POS during his time at the Warriors.

3. The 22 BEAST_old
    Join:

The 22 BEAST_old Guest

4. ToiletDuck_old
    Join:

ToiletDuck_old Guest

"I had to get out of there"

5. LordGnome_old
    Join:

LordGnome_old Guest

I loved Monty Beetham's assault on the Brisbane Broncos, ably assisted by Arwen Guitenbeil!

6. danpatmac_old
    Join:

danpatmac_old Guest

I have been watching since 1987 and i have never, ever rated Swann, and even less now he is a tv pundit. I have no time for hi at all.
    Same with Betham, he was a total non-event playing on the 'boxer/karate' thing.
    And Lauaki did have an amazing impact in every game he played, it was usually for the opposition with multiple penalties for lying in the play of the ball and knock ons... he was atrocious.

7. Ryan_old
    Join:

Ryan_old Guest

Heck, I wasn't paying much attention Lauaki was playing and even I remember clearly what a clusterf**k he was.

8. a.c.e_old
    Join:

a.c.e_old Guest

haha yeah, he was bad, a fews years to late to switch codes.

9. moonfire_old
    Join:

moonfire_old Guest

10. danpatmac_old
    Join:

danpatmac_old Guest

Of course there were... but this is my opportunity to whinge about Logan... and henderson was far more dynamic and skillful than monty.... imho

11. ToiletDuck_old
    Join:

ToiletDuck_old Guest

He is a terrible TV personality, so stupid.

And agreed re Betham. Hame I thought got out early enough to have him avoid the worst ever team...though he was terrible by the latter stages of his Warrior career.

12. kiwi's 13-6_old
    Join:

kiwi's 13-6_old Guest

Mark Carter i think the guys name was, he switched from union was mud and went back to union. worst warriors ever!!!!

Henry Fa'afili after throwing a 40 metre pass to know one in our in goal!!! that lead to a try to the opposition. although he later became the top try scorer at the warriors, that was the stupidist thing ever seen in a warriors jersey.

paddy tuimavave had a knack for getting penalized when we had the ball repeatedly an resulting in us losing the game on so many occasions i actually hated the warriors for a while!!!!!!!!

13. MarkW_old
    Join:

MarkW_old Guest

Don't forget Paul Dezolt. I know he was a stop-gap signing and only played about 3 games for the Warriors, but he had ZERO impact filling in at hooker.
    He vanished into obscurity after being released from his short term contract early.

14. Northern_Union
    Join:

Northern_Union Guest

Mark Ellis.

15. Jesbass_old
    Join:

Jesbass_old Guest

Just for starters, I'd drop Betham for Dezolt and Swann for Jobson.

16. Fazz_old
    Join:

Fazz_old Guest

I never rated Ryan Shortland or whatever it was. He was a bit rubbish.

God we have it good now don't we?

17. one-eyed-warrior_old
    Join:

one-eyed-warrior_old Guest

What about Marc Ellis. I think alot of players who were good could have made this list at certain times in their careers, remember meli towards the end, he would jog, toopi was surreal in his suckiness in his last year with us.

18. one-eyed-warrior_old
    Join:

one-eyed-warrior_old Guest

Even the great Stacey Jones was about as good as tits on a bull in his last year. What about worst coach? Kemp?

19. Fazz_old
    Join:

Fazz_old Guest

Kemp never really got a fair go, so I wouldn't say him. Would have to be one of our coaches pre 2002, though my memory is pretty hazy of those times since I was 11 or younger haha.

20. Edifier_old
    Join:

Edifier_old Guest

Dennis Betts was rubbish. I was a fan when he was at Wigan and thought he'd be the business here.

Did Manoa Thompson actually play?