General Discussion YOUR Warriors Team For 2018

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Lord Gnome of Howick MBE, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Simon Mannering

2. Adam Blair

3. Shaun Johnson

4. Tohu Harris

5. David Fusitua

6. Solomone Kata

7. Leivaha Pulu

8. Manaia Cherrington

9. Sam Lisone

10. Albert Vete

11. Zac Santo

12. Ken Maumalo

13. Mason Lino

14. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

15. Blake Ayshford

16. Issac Luke

17. Nathaniel Roache

18. James Gavet

19. Jazz Tevaga

20. Ligi Sao

21. Bunty Afoa

22. Ata Hingano

23. Isaiah Papalii

24. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

25. Chris Satae

26. James Bell

27. Peta Hiku

28. Gerard Beale

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JoeyJohns
    Join:
    Mar 29, 2016

JoeyJohns Warriors Bench Player

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

2. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE Contributor

Fuck my bad. Forgot all about him. Moks will put him in at five eighth so just stick him there and cut Ata Hingano from my list. Thanks...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Salatape
    Join:
    Jul 19, 2016

Salatape 1st Grade Fringe

4. Matulino#1
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Matulino#1 1st Grade Fringe

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  5. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

A lot of people picking Mannering on the edge.... I think that ship may have sailed tbh.
    I must admit I floated that idea a couple of times this year myself but that was really just so we could play an extra prop to help with the go forward- more of a band aid than a long term solution.
    I'm not convinced he has the agility and lateral movement for it any more, I think he's better suited to playing in the middle these days- certainly on defense- he's a brick wall in the middle of the park.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  6. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

7. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno 1st Grade Fringe

He's a brick wall on offense too!

8. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List

9. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

10. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

11. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

2017 offload stats...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

He's still got it and was the only one that looked like he was doing it successfully.

He is still better off in the middle but only because of the Warriors shit defence that he is so good at cleaning up. Prefer Blair in the middle where an extra prop is more needed than on the edge...

• List
  12. bringmethehorizon
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

bringmethehorizon 1st Grade Fringe

• List
  13. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

is it time for Mannering to move to the front row?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  14. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Just to add to that, 2014 was Simon's last season on the left edge before moving to the middle to accommodate Hoffman and his stats then we very impressive and superior to Ryan's in every way.
    There's no doubt he is a strength in the edge and doubters just don't know..

• List
  15. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

He's a good offloader no doubt. Where he comes a cropper is in open space. If he makes a break and has a player left and right you can guarantee he will freeze and hold the ball. Probably what ended his centre career...

16. DavidMcKay1974
    Join:
    Aug 28, 2013

DavidMcKay1974 1st Grade Fringe

If anyone saw the All Black game, why don't someone go after Vaea Fifita. He had a wow of a game, and his speed to beat the Argies was awesome. Andrew Fifita mould type player but faster. He won't be available though because he's a star of the future for the AB's. Anyway could dream.
    s

17. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

1. RTS
    2. Fus
    3. Hiku
    4. Beal
    5. Maumalo
    6. Johnson
    7. Lino
    8. Gavet
    9. Luke
    10. Pulu
    11. Mannering
    12. Harris
    13. Blair

14. Roach
    15. Satae
    16. Sipley
    17. Papalii

From the players we currently have this is the team I'd like to see fit and ready for game 1 2018....

• List
  18. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

We lose every game because of the 20 tries per game scored through the middle, fuck that is a shit defensive middle, Luke, Blair, Pulu and Gavet dont produce the numbers required for good defence and the bench are worse.
    I'd swap Ken for CNK personally and turn him into an impact forward, he aint no winger.

• List
  19. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I think our defense in the middle is suffering because our edge defense has been so easy to crack for so many years. The middle guys are always thinking about pushing wide to help out wide when they should be solid in the center and trusting the edges to get the job done on their own.

I know this is a chicken and egg situation, but I think Kata has shown us just how important good edge defenders are. I've seen the forwards drop their heads more than a few times when the edges have been shredded. It's impacted the whole game.

The other factor is fitness. Over half the team has been unfit for first grade...

So we've had unfit forwards trying to help out our unco edges,,,,,,,,,,

When what we need is fit forwards creating a brick wall through the center and smart backs swarming across the edges.

Our edge defense issues have been well and truly fixed, and with our new Trainer hopefully our fitness issues in the middle come right as well.

• List
  20. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

Problem is you have to play people out of position, the middle always needs at least one player that can pump out 50 tackles on a bad day.

Our 2011 team had Luck who was pumping out 60 nearly every game, add in Manners, Taylor, Packer and Lillyman who all had high averages plus 2 Hookers who were putting in 40+ tackles between them and the math works out.

All League games have a pretty similar amount of tackles that need to be made, 300+.
    A great deal of those tackles are made in the middle, would you really play people where historical statistical data identifies that the middle you are suggesting will have a shortfall in tackles?
    Another component to that is ineffective and missed tackles.

Also Manners does not and has never played the right fringe aswel as he plays other positions, he does an adequate job but that is all, he grows wings and scores shitloads of tries on the left but he also completes less tackles.

People forget that Blair is actually an awesome left fringer too, got moved to 13 and then prop which didn't go so well. He is doing a job at the Broncs but his overall ouput is low but is in line with his best at the Storm, he plays a certain role within the team, Thaiday has a very similar role IMO.

And then we have Tohu, the best left fringer there is atm IMO but that highlights how poor our pack was this year and not one forward could lay claim to being best in his position for their country, personally I'm struggling to fit Manners into the Kiwi team because there are some awesome backrowers around for the Kiwis.

One of the areas we really need to address is first identifying a players best position and then actually playing them there, we are and have been butchering this in our development and continue to do so with Kata, Ken, Bunty and to a degree Lisone IMO

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List