General NSW Cup 2024

Any of our players stand out snake77 snake77

How did Riley Price and their 7 look?
To be honest I'm not to familiar with their guys. The half back did score in the second half.

For me the guy that probably stood up out of the guys with first grade experience was Tuaupiki. Had some good runs and did a lot of the organising. Was also the main kicker from full back which you don't see much of in the modern game. To me in that grade when you see a first grade player you want them to either stand out or the main guys doing the smaller effort areas.

Leiataua coughed up the ball early but was a handful for the Panthers to put down on the ground. To be honest he was probably more involved when he was pushed out to the wing. To be honest that was good to see as it wasn't a case of getting pushed out there and looking lost he moved position and got involved. The winger down that side did score two tries. The second was on the far side so hard to see how the overlap happened.

Kosi did some good runs and took the high balls. Also got taken over the side line while trying to score in the corner. To be honest Setu Tu caught my eye more on the other wing as he had some good touches before going off injured.

Kali also had a good run. Worth mentioning as we made some breaks from individual plays which we haven't seen much of from first grade. Guys fast and using footwork.

The halves weren't too bad with their passing. Can't comment on their kicking as it was pretty much left to Tuaupiki. I remember Roache putting one in in the second half. Roache got moved around due to Farr being off for a while with an HIA.

Stowers-Smith and Going were good in the middle early.

The second half was mainly the Panthers until the end.

They did have some nice shape towards the end which meant they could threaten the edges late in the game. Even quite far out it looked like they could threaten with a match winner.

Was there a game before this one?

There was some younger guys in Warriors gear who looked like they had just finished playing and were welcoming the NSW Cup guys onto the field.

How was Going? Do you think he will get a go at FG this year barring injuries?

Also funny that the NSW side has the same record as FG side.

In what way?

He went down injured at one point but saw out the game. Had his ankle strapped but was running well. Think he made a break after being attended to so don't think he was hindered too much.
Yeah that's what I meant. Cause I saw you said he was strapped.

Yeah that's what I meant. Cause I saw you said he was strapped.
Pretty sure his strapping was on there the entire game. It looked like he was strapped as one foot looked more white than the other. He was wearing white boots.

The knock may have been a different issue. But he was running freely in the second half.

The injury concerns on the potential first grade guys would be. Roache depending on how the head knock was rated and then how he pulls up.

Pompey was getting strapped but with his back to us and in the dug out I couldn't make out if it was hamstring, knee or ankle. He came out in the second half strapped and with a trainer. But then noticed he was standing and had the strapping removed. He didn't go back on. But that could just be a precaution due to the injuries through the squad.

It must be hard to get many 5th tackle plays alongside SJ but he had returns of 50m, 13m, 64m & 31m (although just 9 mins) before the latest injury. While we did score off one of his bombs earlier in the year he's had no Forced Drop outs in his 23 matches to date.
Probably a bit harsh of me to put him in the same category as TMM, as I believe it's a skill it seems he actively wants to develop, but he's still got a long way to go in that department
The coach would need to be confident in your kicking to command kicks off SJ.

The only one out of the three that looks composed enough and confident with his kicks is CHT at present.

If these are correct then it's 2 weeks in a row that Farr hasn't kicked it & neither did Hanson this week
Screenshot_20240429_120311_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited: