Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
As far as junior highlights packages go, is that really that impressive?

Half Jack Thompson's plays in the last two weeks alone in our Harold Matthews side look better than that.

And 3 year contract with guaranteed development contract in second year… I’m not convinced
I seen a comment here in Penrith Nathan said I'm not teaching him how to read a game he has to learn that himself. No wonder he moving to a club with a half may teach him.

Souths have given Lachlan Ilias permission to negotiate with other clubs after securing Lewis Dodd
Ilias would be perfect. We are never going to develop a half with his kicking game. His value is at an all-time low after bizarrely being made scapegoat.

We’d have four halves next year if SJ goes another year. CHT’s utility value is too important. I’d pay out TMM of his final year to get Ilias here next year.

Ilias would be perfect. We are never going to develop a half with his kicking game. His value is at an all-time low after bizarrely being made scapegoat.

We’d have four halves next year if SJ goes another year. CHT’s utility value is too important. I’d pay out TMM of his final year to get Ilias here next year.

What sort of contract? There is a lot of unknown with how he will come back from his injury.

Wouldn't be paying anyone out until you were sure he would be able to get back to top level

Yeah, interesting option. Our big issue without SJ is our kicking game, something Ilias can replicate. At some stage over the next year we have to lose TMM to develop one of these young halves. When the young guys can’t see an opportunity we will start to lose them. That Jack Thompson sure looks like a keeper.