General Warriors Harold Matthews 2024

Times are changing 👍👀
1714800816545.jpeg

If you sold your soul to a preppy private school on a full scholarship, as the headmaster, i wouldn’t be too keen on letting you play the rival sport and risk getting hurt … that’s why I was surprised to see names from St Kents, Grammar and WLBS on that list.. pretty sure they would need permission from the school, so it’s already a huge breakthrough in my books and hopefully we get to see more representation going forward
AGS and WBHS are state schools and neither of those kids would be on scholarships.

AGS and WBHS are state schools and neither of those kids would be on scholarships.

Grammar actually has a scholarship program for those out of zone via entry to the school and free boarding at Tibbs House…

But yeah the preppy private schools I meant was St Kent’s, Kings
& SHC

Is anyone able to post the article about hamilton boys high school looking to block League

Something like that
Hiraka Waitai- Haenga only decent prospect on our books from Hamilton Boys

Would’ve thought it was St Kents, given how Pahulu mysteriously disappeared from the finals run

Is anyone able to post the article about hamilton boys high school looking to block League

Something like that
Glad that this issue is in the Waikato.
The best players in the region are from Huntly Ngaruawahia. No edict from the Union high school will stop a single Huntlian or Nga player from staying in the League Fraternity.
A no play edict will actually have the opposite effect in the boondocks of the Waikato. Country folk don't like being told they are not allowed to do anything.

Thing is, despite the Chiefs being a over achieving regional giant, the league pockets in the Waikato still play our code.

The thing HBHS misunderstand is that League in the Waikato is a family tradition, every league player is related down the line to some legend, so arbitrary rules to ban the code just makes it tribal for the league towns.

Grammar actually has a scholarship program for those out of zone via entry to the school and free boarding at Tibbs House…

But yeah the preppy private schools I meant was St Kent’s, Kings
& SHC
Always surprises people to hear that Grammar actually has only one sports scholarship for Tibbs House every year. Most of its 1st XV out of zoners get in on the ballot through preference - i.e. their old man (or older brothers) went there. They have two other scholarships that are just as often given to musicians and academics as to sporting kids.

Hiraka Waitai- Haenga only decent prospect on our books from Hamilton Boys

Would’ve thought it was St Kents, given how Pahulu mysteriously disappeared from the finals run
There's a number of younger boys from that school in the Dev squad I think.

Says young Cessnock halfback Jack Thompson was dropped from our Mathews side after 2 games this year and was snapped up by the Warriors. He took the Warriors side to their historic grandfinal win in Mathews in their debut season and Thompson was invited to travel with the Warriors firstgrade side (on their team bus) and sit on their bench last week.
I have to say I thought Jack Thompson was very impressive in Andrew Johns cup last year.

Thought this was interesting off the knights forum. Warriors obviously very impressed with Jack Thompson

Back