NRL NRL General Recruitment Thread

Feel sorry for the tigers fans- they’re in a hell of a hole and it’s hard to see a way out- can’t really blame these young guys for weighing up there options- they only have a limited time to make the most of their talents- it was madness ditching Madge.

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
I think we all remember those times we have struggled as a club and then there is that one loss that is louder than words. A statement loss (11 man Cronulla). A loss where you realise that there actually isn't much hope on the horizon (a coach like Webster was a pipe dream).

The Tigers looked good at the start of the season, but it is unravelling fast. This week definitely felt like that statement loss. No wonder if a few are feeling jumpy. Add in that Galvin has Moses as a manager and voila.

I think i read it on another forum that he went back to NZ for the birth. Might be all shit like me lol
Last time JFH popped over to NZ, he was signed by us not long after. Would love for the club to have put their feelers out there for a quiet catch up being nobody can approach him until November. Broncos have said Taupau is free to leave, but his money will only be a drop in the ocean of what will be required to keep Walsh, Cobbo and Staggs. Broncos could grant an early release for next season for Willison with a newborn and family are over here

Feel sorry for the tigers fans- they’re in a hell of a hole and it’s hard to see a way out- can’t really blame these young guys for weighing up there options- they only have a limited time to make the most of their talents- it was madness ditching Madge.
At this point - being a Tigers fan is the toughest gig in world sport. They're down and keep getting kicked.

It frustrates me that Galvin's asking for a release.

Bro, you're 12 and are playing in the greatest game in the world. You're 5 games in and wanting to get out of the long term contract that you chose to sign?

It's Isaac Moses doing Isaac Moses shit - Stuff the NRL should have banned him for life for already. He's taking advantage of the Tigers shit house position, and making them pay way more than what his contract currently is. No way they can lose him.

It's Isaac Moses doing Isaac Moses shit - Stuff the NRL should have banned him for life for already. He's taking advantage of the Tigers shit house position, and making them pay way more than what his contract currently is. No way they can lose him.
He’s got power at manly and would imagine the eels with Brad Arthurs citing him in his sacking, not to mention family in Mitchell Moses there

Only if the rumours of Brown wanting out are true. Newcastle I would say is more likely, O'Brien is under Moses.
Not sure if the amount of players at his stable at the knights? Certainly not Ponga, who is their most powerful player and highest earning. Definitely think there’s smoke around roosters keen on signing Ponga

Wrighty

Contributor
Ponga was smart not to sign for Dolphins in hindsight given Wayne is leaving next year. He was always going to be around for a short time only.

Horror losing skid takes its toll as disgruntled Tigers duo want out​

Fox League
The Wests Tigers crashed to a nightmare low on Friday and now the team’s struggles could be set to cost them several star players.
The Wests Tigers hit a new low on Friday night, crashing to a 56-14 defeat to the Dragons, and the team’s latest struggles could cost them two of their best rising stars.
That is according to The Daily Telegraph’s Phil ‘Buzz’ Rothfield, who reported on Saturday night that both Lachlan Galvin and Stefano Utoikamanu could be looking to exit the club.

The only place to watch every game of every round LIVE with no ad-breaks during play is Fox League, available on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial today >

In the case of Galvin, Rothfield reported the rookie halfback was overheard in the sheds after the loss to the Dragons saying that he wanted out of the Tigers.

Wests Tigers chief executive Shane Richardson told Rothfield that the club has “no intention of releasing him” but confirmed Galvin’s manager Isaac Moses had contacted the club on Thursday about a release.

“It’s disappointing that the request has been made but I’m going to have a meeting with his mum and dad next week,” Richardson told The Telegraph.

“I think there’s a lot of reasons behind it.

“He’s a young kid, we’re not winning games, and he’s finding it difficult.

“All I can say we have Jarome Luai coming next year and we’ll have him, Api [Koroisau] and Jahream Bula in the spine.

“We have a contract in place with Lachlan and we intend to hold him to it.”

Galvin wants out. (Photo by Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images)

Galvin wants out. (Photo by Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images)
Galvin is contracted until the end of 2026 and had been earmarked as the future of the club alongside soon-to-be halves partner Jarome Luai.

There is little doubting there would be quite the market for Galvin should his management be able to convince the Tigers for an early release given the 18-year-old’s raw talent.

Elsewhere, it was reported last week that the Tigers had offered Utoikamanu a five-year deal worth around $800,000 a season in a bid to keep the young front rower at the club.

However, The Daily Telegraph’s Brent Read said he would be “stunned” if the 24-year-old stays put, instead tipping Utoikamanu to test the open market.

“They’ve now tabled an offer to Stefano, (CEO) Shane Richardson was expected to do it before he went overseas but he didn’t get it done before he went,” Read said on Triple M.

“He’s now made that offer to Stefano, it’s a five-year deal worth an estimated $4 million.

“I don’t think he’ll take it to be honest, I think Stefano’s plan was to go to market. I’d be stunned if he took it up.”

Utoikamanu has a clause in his contract which gives him the option to leave the club at the end of the season should he either not play two Origin games this year or the Tigers fail to make the top eight.

At this rate given the way both he and the Tigers are travelling, neither of those scenarios appears likely.

Stefano is tipped to hit the open market. (Photo by Hannah Peters/Getty Images)

Stefano is tipped to hit the open market. (Photo by Hannah Peters/Getty Images)
RIVALS EYE UP MOVE FOR DRAGONS STAR

Jack de Belin may not finish his career as a one-club man as a rival has reportedly entered the market for his services.

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, the South Sydney Rabbitohs hold significant

interest in the 33-year-old.

De Belin and incoming Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett have history together, with the legendary coach handing the forward his NRL debut during his time in charge of the St George Illawarra Dragons.

The report claims the Dragons have already tabled De Belin, whose contract expires at the end of the season, a one-year extension to remain with the club where he has spent his entire career.

However, the Rabbitohs would look to offer a longer and potentially more lucrative deal but it is dependent on freeing up space within the salary cap.

Originally published as Horror losing skid takes its toll as disgruntled Tigers duo want out

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
He’s got power at manly and would imagine the eels with Brad Arthurs citing him in his sacking, not to mention family in Mitchell Moses there
It has always been bad, but he seems to be trying to wield more power than ever before.

I read that a couple of weeks ago, a player was cleared from injury by the team doctors and Moses was like "nup, not yet!" He advised the club that his client shouldn't play.

Yes, and the coaching merry go round.

He seems to think of himself as a bit of a mafioso, but ridiculously it continues to work for him.

The Wests Tigers have promised to extend the contract of boom teenager Lachlan Galvin beyond 2026 if he decides to drop a request for an immediate release from the NRL strugglers.

As coach Benji Marshall faces a halves crisis with Galvin and No.7 Jayden Sullivan to both miss Saturday’s clash against the Titans, Tigers chief executive Shane Richardson has offered Galvin’s management an immediate upgrade and longer deal.

The peace offering was made after Galvin asked the club last week to be released from the remainder of his deal, a blow for the Tigers before they suffered their ninth straight loss in a 54-12 hammering at the hands of the Dragons on Friday night.
Galvin’s inquiry was nothing new for the Tigers.

His management had asked for a release even before the season began, but after being handed his NRL debut in round two, the 18-year-old has been the shining light for the Tigers in another torrid season.

But it hasn’t stopped him agitating for a new NRL club, the latest question swiftly knocked back by the Tigers.

Instead, Richardson has told Galvin’s manager, Isaac Moses, it will offer fresh terms beyond the end of his current deal – due to expire at the end of 2026 – if the Australian Schoolboys star stays put at Concord.

While no clubs are allowed to speak to Galvin about his future from next year given he’s still under contract at the Tigers, multiple sources not allowed to speak publicly on the matter said the player is interested in the possibility of lining up alongside Nathan Cleary in the halves at Penrith.

There is no suggestion the Panthers or any other club has raised the issue of prying Galvin away from the Tigers with Moses.
Cleary’s current halves lieutenant, Jarome Luai, will join the Tigers on a mammoth five-year deal from 2025, and the club had earmarked Galvin as his long-term scrumbr partner.
The Galvin drama comes after the Tigers agreed to release Isaiah Papali’i from the final year of his deal to join Penrith from 2025, and having tabled prop Stefano Utoikamanu a five-year, $4 million offer if he doesn’t take up an option to become a free agent.
Utoikamanu must play the final two Origin games this year to be contracted to the Tigers next season. Otherwise, he’s free to talk to rival clubs.
What is certain, though, is the Tigers will rest Galvin from their showdown with the Titans at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday as he battles a hand injury which has required pain-killing injections in recent weeks.

Marshall will allow the prodigy to heal the problem, but it will come with a fresh blow as Sullivan also faces a month on the sidelines through injury.

The former St George Illawarra playmaker, 22, has been diagnosed with a broken finger and will be out for up to a month.
The Tigers’ halves headache will be slightly eased with Aidan Sezer returning from suspension, but there’s no obvious five-eighth option given the injuries to Galvin, Sullivan and Latu Fainu.

Adam Doueihi, who remains without a deal for next season, will play his first game in 14 months in the NSW Cup this week after another knee reconstruction.

The Tigers are anchored to the bottom of the ladder outright and closing in on a third straight wooden spoon.

Back