Pick Your Team Knights v Warriors - Round 9, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Try Taine, find defence not good. Fullback not have tackles made like 6. TMM ok. Find attack not problem. Leaking points no good, win games can't like that.
Thanks kemosabe. Hi ho Silver, away!

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 A Pompey
5 R T Sheck
6 T M Martin
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 K Capewell
12 J Ford
13 T Harris

14 P Roache
15 Z Zyon Maiu’u
16 T Ale
17 D Walker

18th A Leiataua

I think RTS would be a team player and do a better job on the wing, we won't lose the tough carries, that's what he wants to do anyway, maybe just as suspect as Montoya under the high ball but will be more attacking than Montoya.

I love what Montoya has done in the past but this year it's not working. Besides Adam Pompey can plug that edge defensively with Capewell which is a smart move by webby changing Ford to the right. He also has the added bonus of taking the goal kicking duties of SJ while he's hurt.

I think Ale would be more suited to the wider channels amd not prop, although he's done a job there. So Zyon Maiu’u is first pick prop for now.

Laban can do with some more cup time. As he gets ready for another stint, and he's done a good job so not a dropping at all.

Roache is good enough to play 14 I just wish webby would utilize him more, maybe the game just didn't suit last weekend?

Ali Leiataua as 18th man is a threat to Berry to sharpen up his defense. I think he's the reason dallin is making bad defensive reads. Berry could tackle up high when closer to our line. Maybe dallin needs to stand a few metres behind Berry?

You guys are so funny with all your wholesale changes.

We have a shit load of injuries atm and unless there are better players to bring in your just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic to satisfy your anger cause you get so worked up after win and so irrational after a loss.

Unless the root cause of the issues is addressed you really think bringing in Pompey and Taine at 5/8 is going to change anything.
I think there are some positional changes in the backs which must be considered:

1. I am tired of yelling at Dalin to stay out on his winger, rather than rushing in to tackle no one. I would put him at fullback where he could focus on anyone who breaks through the line. He also would bring the ball back stronger than Chanze. He has experience in this role as well, having played there for the Bulldogs and the Kiwis before joining the Warriors. He could still be involved in attacking the high balls put up by Shaun.
2. Move Chanze to right centre where he has been most successful in a sweeping role. He has also played successfully for the Kiwis at centre. This would allow him to use his energies where most effective.
3. Place Roger outside him on the wing where he takes on a finishing role.
4. Move Rocco to left centre which would strenthen the defence on that side.
5, Leave the halves as is but consideration given to reversing the roles of Te Maire and Channel when the latter becomes available. The latter is too talented to be on the bench.
6. I would leave Marcel on the left wing. He is reliable under the high ball and does his job when chances come his way (not very often as the attack is very much down the right hand side).

Just my thoughts

Last edited:
I think there are some positional changes in the backs which must be considered:

1. I am tired of yelling at Dalin to stay out on his winger, rather than rushing in to tackle no one. I would put him at fullback where he could focus on anyone who breaks through the line. He also would bring the ball back stronger than Chanze. He has experience in this role as well, having played there for the Bulldogs and the Kiwis before joining the Warriors. He could still be involved in attacking the high balls put up by Shaun.
2. Move Chanze to right centre where he has been most successful in a sweeping role. This would take much of the take up role he plays at present, leaving him to use his energies where most effective.
5, Leave the halves as is but consideration given to reversing the roles of Te Maire and Channel when the latter becomes available. The latter is too talented to be on the bench.
6. I would leave Marcel on the left wing. He is reliable under the high ball and does his job when chances come his way (not very often as the attack is very much down the right hand side).

Just my thoughts
Good thoughts Bro, but we all know Webby is going to do what he always does! 🤣

2. Move Chanze to right centre where he has been most successful in a sweeping role. This would take much of the take up role he plays at present, leaving him to use his energies where most effective.

Just my thoughts
That sounds terrible.

I would put him at fullback where he could focus on anyone who breaks through the line. He also would bring the ball back stronger than Chanze. He has experience in this role as well, having played there for the Bulldogs and the Kiwis before joining the Warriors. He could still be involved in attacking the high balls put up by Shaun.
When was the last time you saw him play fullback? Got any memories of him playing fullback? If no, would recommend you watch how he went.

He has enough brain farts at wing, can you imagine when he gets more touches per game and then tries to do stupid long passes or offloads deep in our 20.

When was the last time you saw him play fullback? Got any memories of him playing fullback? If no, would recommend you watch how he went.

He has enough brain farts at wing, can you imagine when he gets more touches per game and then tries to do stupid long passes or offloads deep in our 20.
I remember him at Bulldogs, It was a disaster! 🤣

One thing I definitely don’t want to happen this weekend is DWZ moved to fullback lol.

I’m comfortable with minimal changes, these fuckers just need to sort their attitude out. Defence and discipline is all attitude. They are simply believing their own hype tbh.

As I said above, he was good enough to be selected as fullback (and captain) for the Kiwis. Can't remember when but someone should know.

Walker or Hanson at 6 over Te-Maire Missing.

Zyon Maiu’u to start for 10 to 15 and AFB to come off the bench until the last 10 or 15. Perhaps that will help put a stop to the fecking lulls we go into after 15 minutes.

Big call I know, but if we can't fix the mind set, AFB coming on after 15 with fresh energy might keep a good start rolling. AFB wouldn't appreciate that though.

Just an out the box thought.
Afb to the bench a bit out of the box u reckon? Bro that’s out the farking gate! He’s been our best player.

Back