NRL New Importance of the Second Row

To clarify -

When I say Tohu has no xfactor I mean right now

He had it before but has since lost it with age and being overused

A well rested Tohu with less minutes and pressure on his plate he might get some of it back but time is running out
Rest and a haircut. Those different variations of barbie hairdos drives me nuts.

To clarify -

When I say Tohu has no xfactor I mean right now

He had it before but has since lost it with age and being overused

A well rested Tohu with less minutes and pressure on his plate he might get some of it back but time is running out
Like he was used last year.
Quality minutes with quality output.
Agree he's overused to his and the teams detriment but Webby (and Tohu) have been between a rock and a hard place this year with injuries.

Back on track with the original topic.

Second rowers need to compliment the power of the front row by being dynamic as a slower centre and as powerful as a middle runner.

They are as important a link as the halves and centres so need to be intelligent enough to know the plays. Brave enough to run lines that risk getting smashed and committed enough to tackle the oncoming galoots who that come their way. A confidence to communicate and organise is a bonus but not necessary

With the speed of the game increasing and the top teams emerging, a theoey I'm playing with is the second rowers, 11,12, and 13 are playing an over sized role in the game at the moment. The base of the theory it is the second rowers are required make dominant tackles and slow the ruck more than anyone, and they have to have enough speed to scramble and shut down the edge runner exploiting the space.

Looking at the top teams

Sharks
Nikora / Wilton / McInnes

Panthers
Garner / Martin / Yeo

Storm
Blore / Katoa / Loiero

Dolphins
Kaufusi / Aitken / Plath

Conversely

Tigers have the worst 2nd row, with Warriors and Rabbits close behind. The outlier is the Titans, but now Fafita/Fermor/Hass are together, they are starting to win. Anyway I could be completely wrong and talking shit, but let me know what you think.
Tohu good defender but no speed! You need players like Walker instead

We don't make Top 4 last season without Tohu, let alone the 8.
Long term you could well be right but I'd hate to think where the club would be if we had another failure last year
I get the point but’s it’s tbh it’s horseshit. Far too many variables to account for. We may have done better.

Back