NRL NRL General Recruitment Thread

I had seen this cap issue was raised by Pongas dad/manager.

Then came the rumours there is unrest.

Where are you seeing Pongs to Roosters? And when for? Next season or 2026?

Is Teddy retiring soon?
Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s looking at Joey Manu flirting with an opportunity to go All Blacks way. It seems like Union is generally less physical, with less concussions
And the money can be good when supplemented by Japan. I wouldn’t put it past him and why not? He Is a multi sport athlete and League can become a grind.

Cces Cces wanted to expand on this as there was another article about it this week.

Penrith junior clubs - 24

Parramatta junior clubs - 27

Roosters junior clubs - 4

Rabbitohs junior clubs - 13

Bulldogs junior clubs - 12

So you can see how disadvantaged Sydney Roosters are when it comes to junior development. They are trying to rectify this by expanding to areas like Central Coast.

When you look at it like this, you can also see why they need to splash the dosh wherever and whenever they can - they cannot rely on a factory of talent like other clubs.
They’ve had 100 years to sort it out and expand. I can’t see them being a development club anytime soon

I'm not sure if Sitili Tupouniua deserves the tag of being injury prone. 9 games this season. Became a regular in 2019 & first significant injury (ACL) in 2022 after playing 16 out of the first 17 games the Roosters played that year. Neck injury in 2023 but they don't tend to be reoccurring ones (ie. CNK & Barnett).

Couple years ago now but he had a spell of 19 tries in 38 games. Think that dried up once Keary shifted edges. SJ/Sitili combo could thrive but there doesn't appear to be any Second Row slots available for a guy on roughly 600k. In saying that I think we only have 28 of our 30 for this year confirmed so might depend on cap space

Last edited:
Fifita/Rooster situation is totally like a girl breaking up, announces relationship with Jeff Bezos, then dumps him and re-commit with ex a week later. Humiliating

I'm not sure if Sitili Tupouniua deserves the tag of being injury prone. 9 games this season. Became a regular in 2019 & first significant injury (ACL) in 2022 after playing 16 out of the first 17 games the Roosters played that year. Neck injury in 2023 but they don't tend to be reoccurring ones (ie. CNK & Barnett).

Couple years ago now but he had a spell of 19 tries in 38 games. Think that dried up once Keary shifted edges. SJ/Sitili combo could thrive but there doesn't appear to be any Second Row slots available for a guy on roughly 600k. In saying that I think we only have 28 of our 30 for this year confirmed so might depend on cap space
Regardless of being injury prone he has not been particular effective the past few years. I don't think we need him and would rather be giving Laban and our other younger 2nd rowers more time.

I love how all the roosters fans are saying that it's good news and they didn't want him anyway 🤣, a complete backflip from what they were saying last week.
Did Fifita actually want to play with Chrichton? Guess were no documents signed/finalised in the meantime?

1995warriorsfan

Contributor
NRL General Recruitment Thread

1715741186288.png

For all discussion of other clubs recruitment.

Back