NRL NRL Naughty chair

Rugby league personality Paul Kent is being treated in hospital for a suspected collapsed lung and as many as five broken ribs after a street fight in Sydney’s inner west on Saturday night.
Kent, the Fox Sports NRL 360 co-host and Daily Telegraph columnist, has been stood down by his employer News Corp while it reviews his involvement in the melee.
A 35-year-old man has been charged with affray over the incident with Kent, vision of which was captured on a phone camera and posted on social media.
The man was subsequently left with a head injury after a bystander intervened**.**
On Tuesday, it emerged that Kent had also been badly hurt and admitted to hospital after the altercation.
Kent’s lawyer, George Elias, told this masthead that he was undergoing tests in hospital to determine whether he had sustained a collapsed lung after he was flung into a roadside tree by the man he squared up against.
Kent also has between four and five broken ribs, he said.
“He’s been in hospital since after the incident,” Elias said. “I’m just concerned about his health and wellbeing

Hope he learns his lesson after this and changes his arc on the show to be less critical and more compassionate… that would be real interesting but I imagined he’d get sledged nonstop if he did that ..

Trained with legendary boxing trainer Johnny Lewis. A good example of Mike Tyson's quote where it all goes out the window when you get punched in the face.

Some interesting things in that article earlier today.

The table that is constantly reserved shows the different life these guys lead due to who they know. A lot of these journalists have some high profile drinking mates and live a pretty good life.

As he's outspoken he's going to get people challenging his views in public. He's let some go and decided to bite back in others. The ones he's decided to bite back may depend on how much alcohol he's had or he's probably sized up the guy and liked his chances. Probably did that on the weekend. The players would get this as well.

Sounds like he is pushing it even with a boss who a bit to and could be losing one of the people who have been sticking up for him.

The article listing his previous court issue. Well it is kind of relevant here as it is so soon after that issue. That will stick with him now whenever he is reported on. Even though as a reporter he shouldn't be the news. The times we live in even when it has been proven the man is innocent it still often gets listed whenever they get reported on.

It isn't good that he is injured after the incident. But lets flip this incident and imagine it was a player who went out for a drink and got thrown into the tree and now can't play. He'd be all over this how it is stupid and embarrassing.

All of us right now
IMG_4653.jpeg

"doghead"is kinda vague. How much of an insult is it, or is it in fact praise?
What kind of dog's head? Poodle? Rhodesian Ridgeback? What?? Maybe PK insulted the guy's manhood by calling him a doghead knowing that would make the guy think he'd just been called a French Poodle...
PK better keep up his vitamins, stay away from pollens and dusts and so on. Sneezing with cracked/broken ribs is apparantly The Worst Thing..

After a good 3-4 years of NRL360 being the closest I get outside actual sport to "appointment viewing", ie I'll watch it within 24 hours of it being on, I haven't watched it since Wednesday. I prefer using Sky TV Guide and going back to watching it rather than following it live because that lets me fast forward, follow the headlines at the bottom of the screen and only watch if they're talking about something I care about.

"Between four and five broken ribs"?? Has an Australian mathmetician just invented a number to stick in there just between the 4 and 5? Is the world of mathematics about to be shocked? Or do Aussie league journos not know the word "ëither"? They couldn't have made a worst move and they've freezed on me (to paraphrase Kate Bush).

Kent in hospital and the guy who threw him at the tree is lawyered up. Real get your popcorn out story.
Kent got what he deserved. He was the aggressor, had plenty of time to back off. From the video evidence and no doubt from witnesses who will testify against him, Kent will lose any reputation he has and hopefully be charged and found guilty.

It looks like he has a pretty good lawyer. It would be great if Kent was arguing with the wrong guy and he didn't actually have a clue who he was.

Sounds like he got injured after the incident. If that was assault and it sounds it was was. He should have a good case for two incidents.

Kent being injured. Well, you are 54 years old, been drinking and trying to pick a fight with a 35 year old. What did he expect to happen?

That isn't a combination that screams coordination. You get injured more easily as you get old if you try and do things that were easy when you were young. The tree was also pretty solid. It wasn't exactly the irresistible force vs the immovable object. Well, there was an immovable object.

From the above story the guy who threw him into the tree has been charged with affray. And Kent has no charges?????

Back