Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

What's the difference between NRLfantasy and Super coach?

Similar as in both are fantasy comps where you buy/sell players using trades, Head 2 Head/Draft options.

Believe SC was first, and then nrl created nrlfantasy to compete with it. Scoring slightly different. Within my own circle, the hard core league fanatics prefer SC, whereas the fair-weather or ones who do fantasy for sports they don't know that intimately but still want to much aroundie nfl/nba prefer nrlfantasy. I've played both and would choose SC every single day of the week.

It's a preference thing. You will see other fans who have played nrlfantasy who say that's better. I feel that which comp most of your league friends are in, you would enjoy more. Both have lots of stats websites, dedicated podcasts, fb groups etc.

I suspect most of the people joining these comps haven't played fantasy before. You guys will enjoy it. It's a drug :)

But obviously SC is the better drug :)

The one issue with Fantasy - I play both EPL and NRL - I find is when you're in a H2H League like here or a Cup like in EPL and you and your opponent have 3+ same players. Who sells? In EPL, there's 2 wildcards you can play (1 for each half of the season), but here it's just 2 per week and 28-30 in total. And, of course, there's other Leagues and Cups you want to do well in so.....

Anyone want to institute a rule where if 2 players in a H2H matchup have the same players there's a Virtual Coin Toss by The Commissioner and the Loser (who's sent a PM on here) has to make 2 changes or is that just complicating things too much?

The one issue with Fantasy - I play both EPL and NRL - I find is when you're in a H2H League like here or a Cup like in EPL and you and your opponent have 3+ same players. Who sells? In EPL, there's 2 wildcards you can play (1 for each half of the season), but here it's just 2 per week and 28-30 in total. And, of course, there's other Leagues and Cups you want to do well in so.....

Anyone want to institute a rule where if 2 players in a H2H matchup have the same players there's a Virtual Coin Toss by The Commissioner and the Loser (who's sent a PM on here) has to make 2 changes or is that just complicating things too much?
Who you pick in starting and reserves is important especially when it comes to vc loophole and utilising it to throw off your opposition. When it comes to finals most teams have very similar teans with different pods.

As for your suggestion I'm just throwing my thoughts (as I'm not playing) but what if the loser doesn't have 2 trades left(theres always ppl who use max trades each week)? Imo way overcomplicating things. It's very common for the top scoring players to be in everyone's team come finals. How you get to the finals by use of trades, cash cows, bye planning and usage of BEs are the key.

I think its probably complicated enough as is, especially for those who are new. And then theres gonna be people who will burn through their trades and mightnt be able 2 make 2 changes. Just my 2 cents tho

In about 10 years of playing I don't think I've ever had a h2h where both teams have had the exact same players. The closer you get to finals most teams will have maybe 10+ of the same players but never the same team, so I think we should be sweet

Only waiting on one more person from the OG league to join, I'll give it a few more hours then set up the overrun league

Hi

This will be done on NRL.com but we will discuss in this thread

1 Wrighty (I will step up to be commissioner)
2 Bamgbros
3 Crump

Let me know if you are keen and I will personal message you the entry code

Deadline for sign up Sunday Feb 8 2024
im keen