Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

I didn't want triple trade at all but looks like I have to. It's like, you don't have hynes, you lose.

I didn't want triple trade at all but looks like I have to. It's like, you don't have hynes, you lose.
It is a bit silly that unless you have Hynes you lose but it seems to be heading that way. I mean if he scored 116 points today.
In other news would you be ok if I clicked on your team and posted two or three comments on it in case those comments are food for thought for you?

It is a bit silly that unless you have Hynes you lose but it seems to be heading that way. I mean if he scored 116 points today.
In other news would you be ok if I clicked on your team and posted two or three comments on it in case those comments are food for thought for you?
I can take feedback on team.

I guess my gripe is there is no incentive to try. In NRL anyone can beat anyone on given day. I don't think this is the case with fantasy. You mess up round 1-2 and you're never going to be top 2.

Perhaps that's why last place has given up 4 rounds ago?

I guess my gripe is there is no incentive to try. In NRL anyone can beat anyone on given day. I don't think this is the case with fantasy. You mess up round 1-2 and you're never going to be top 2.

How many years have you played? If this is your first year then I think top 2 was out of reach from the onset before the game started as there are so many lessons to learn.

How many years have you played? If this is your first year then I think top 2 was out of reach from the onset before the game started as there are so many lessons to learn.
I started mid way last year.

I don't expect to win, far from it. But it's hard to see improvement.

Like I can get more points each week because I make good trades, but others can do that too. So it's moot.

I can't train harder to improve more lol.

It's definitely how you start this game that determines where you potentially place.

I am salty but I wish I could improve in the comp.

Totally disagree man, and there’s absolutely still hope. I was ranked 96000 in round 2 last year, and finished in the top 500. Saving trades, making calculated decisions on who you bring in, forecasting out a few weeks ahead & some good old fashion luck can change everything. I brought in fainu and Atkinson this week. Fainu was average, but Atkinson was ok. These trades were in preparation for the bye rounds.

I’ve owned hynes since round 2. Only the last two weeks has it paid off, with my other players scoring higher than hynes, despite sticking with him as my captaincy. A thing with fantasy is a regression to the mean. If players are performing unexpectedly great, they normally recalibrate back to their average. So too, the opposite. A lot were writing off hynes, and he’s got an average of 100 the last two weeks.

It’s all about identifying when a player is out of form & of good value, and grabbing them when you can as close to the bottom as possible.

here are some good trade targets over the coming weeks.

So options are:
Walker, plath, Garrick, fuller, brimson, jollife, Bateman, brailey, Armstrong, weekes.

Keeping in mind, this is relevant to MY team, but these players are good options. They’re either bottomed in value due to a low scoring game (injury), Have a new/better role due to whatever reason and/or are a rookie with high upside.

Looking at your team Tyrael, korisau is a trade, with brailey or Mahoney both good options. I would sell Walters and find a cheap option, there’s a few going around currently.i would also look to move on bostock asap, he’s made his money for you, now a chance to upgrade or sell to a cheapie. You don’t need Holmes, so you could sell him and upgrade to hynes, and play iro & strange in your centre. Jake turbo & Thompson and both average players, but you could definitely improve these two by getting in a cheapie or mid ranger with high upside, in a Plath, Bateman, fainu, joliffe, etc

This is a good website, that allows you to see players break even, form, how they go in history in certain minutes & positions, or even how they go with/without players eg brown averages 60 without Moses, but 50 with him, boom there’s value, that’s why I bought him &’he’s good for byes. It also allows you to see popular trade out, and in options of coaches on the main page.

I started mid way last year.

I don't expect to win, far from it. But it's hard to see improvement.

Like I can get more points each week because I make good trades, but others can do that too. So it's moot.

I can't train harder to improve more lol.

It's definitely how you start this game that determines where you potentially place.

I am salty but I wish I could improve in the comp.
OK well it sounds like you have good insights into the whole thing. I agree sucks to lose consistently.
The only thing I would challenge you on is this statement
"Like I can get more points each week because I make good trades, but others can do that too. So it's moot."

I really really really disagree with that. The whole skill of the game is how good you are at trading and upgrading your team.
Everybody will have different abilities to trade well. So it is not moot in my view point. Hopefully you can be NRL footy smarter than everyone else and win. The whole game is a battle of wits.
Hang in there. Don't give up. Wins are coming soon. You won't end up top two though. But you can get some good scalps.

I have reviewed your team in other news
1) As no doubt you are acutely aware you need a better half than Jhy Grey. Maybe. See if you can be a Donald Trump mover and shaker and get an elite half in to replace Grey and send him back to the bench,
2) Your team is good and you have compiled it well.

Looking at your team Tyrael, korisau is a trade, with brailey or Mahoney both good options. I would sell Walters and find a cheap option, there’s a few going around currently.i would also look to move on bostock asap, he’s made his money for you, now a chance to upgrade or sell to a cheapie. You don’t need Holmes, so you could sell him and upgrade to hynes, and play iro & strange in your centre. Jake turbo & Thompson and both average players, but you could definitely improve these two by getting in a cheapie or mid ranger with high upside, in a Plath, Bateman, fainu, joliffe, etc
This is great advice.

OK well it sounds like you have good insights into the whole thing. I agree sucks to lose consistently.
The only thing I would challenge you on is this statement
"Like I can get more points each week because I make good trades, but others can do that too. So it's moot."

I really really really disagree with that. The whole skill of the game is how good you are at trading and upgrading your team.
Everybody will have different abilities to trade well. So it is not moot in my view point. Hopefully you can be NRL footy smarter than everyone else and win. The whole game is a battle of wits.
Hang in there. Don't give up. Wins are coming soon. You won't end up top two though. But you can get some good scalps.

I have reviewed your team in other news
1) As no doubt you are acutely aware you need a better half than Jhy Grey. Maybe. See if you can be a Donald Trump mover and shaker and get an elite half in to replace Grey and send him back to the bench,
2) Your team is good and you have compiled it well.
Nah you see I started badly so then I have these weak players with many peeps that can earn. Gray isn't even a half, I just put him there because...

Warriorsfan92 I agree with your trades but disagree with how this game is played. We're not playing overall, we're playing h2h. I can't jump 100s of spots. I can barely jump one spot.

I'm not quitting but there isn't much of an incentive. I can just be in tier 2 next year whether or not I continue to play.

The hynes situation, he was still scoring ok, just not how much he was worth, like Cleary he was losing money but now the game at least for the last 2-3 weeks, it's you don't have hynes, you lose h2h, no if or butts.

Nah you see I started badly so then I have these weak players with many peeps that can earn. Gray isn't even a half, I just put him there because...

Warriorsfan92 I agree with your trades but disagree with how this game is played. We're not playing overall, we're playing h2h. I can't jump 100s of spots. I can barely jump one spot.

I'm not quitting but there isn't much of an incentive. I can just be in tier 2 next year whether or not I continue to play.

The hynes situation, he was still scoring ok, just not how much he was worth, like Cleary he was losing money but now the game at least for the last 2-3 weeks, it's you don't have hynes, you lose h2h, no if or butts.
I haven't had Hynes for 8 weeks. Only just lost my second H2H. You can start clawing back point with good trades.
Plenty of cashies coming up with the injuries, where you can make big savings to get the real guns.

It certainly makes sense to get Hynes if you CAN, he'll be a good scorer with Trindall out.

Then get Hynes for crying out loud, you have the assets to pull that trade off.

Value picks don’t change, whether you play head to head, or overall. They’ll still strengthen your cap overall. However you could focus heavily on PODs.

I haven't had Hynes for 8 weeks. Only just lost my second H2H.
You started strong. My point still stands. I started round one badly. I made 1-2 weeks worth of bad trades. My gripe is I don't see a way of improving my position.

I see Wrighty's positive spin that I've been matched with high scoring players every round, but that's no consolation. I have two wins and one is against bottom place who quit.

You started strong. My point still stands. I started round one badly. I made 1-2 weeks worth of bad trades. My gripe is I don't see a way of improving my position.

I see Wrighty's positive spin that I've been matched with high scoring players every round, but that's no consolation. I have two wins and one is against bottom place who quit.
I made some bad trades along the way, just need to correct those quickly if you can. Triage your bad players.

I’m not going to do the math for you, but you could easily sell Holmes, and turbo & buy hynes and one of the many cashies running around. If not, I’ve given you multiple players who I believe are trade outs in your team, to give you more cash for that trade. There’s a plethora of cheap options going into next week, so the choice is yours.

Then get Hynes for crying out loud, you have the assets to pull that trade off.
It's sad I have to. How different this game would be if we drafted players.

I can definitely get a couple of good players but I dunno how my team is for the 4-5 games after.