Pick Your Team Roosters v Warriors - Round 10, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

I'm happy for double center change to be honest, Pomps on the right and Ali on the left.

I feel like Webby just doing the same thing over and over again.
Lots of big picture questions around if we have the players to play the game Webby wants. I don’t think we do.

A big part of our problem as I see it is there’s no physical threat from either edge without SJ sparking something - which everyone can read and shutdown now.

We have no x-factor on either edge. Berry, Ford, Capewell and TMM lack physicality or dominance (in attack and defence) where you need a mix of game breakers.

RTS isn’t a centre. His strength is his work rate but apart from a step (which doesn’t work in traffic) he offers nothing more than any other centre we have and arguably others will pass the ball. I felt his centre ceiling was low (workhorse rather that fast or powerful) and his potential was only as good as our 6 could unleash him, which isn’t happening. He will be very frustrated.

Walker is another underperforming. Start of last season he was an x-factor game breaker. Since last years big injury, the back end of last year and this year he hasn’t had the same impact. A worry.

If SJ is injured and cant train he needs time off to recover as our whole attack is clunky. We’re sorely missing Niukore, Metcalf and Pompey.

I’ve said before only 1 team in the past 30 has won the comp with a team our age. We’re old and it’s showing. Ali, Laban, etc would have been promoted more in other teams…. Capewell and RTS appear to have been recruitment mistakes.

We desparately need to do something different.Just my suggestion .
RTS to FB & CNK to 13,Taine to 6,Zyon Maiu’u to start .Tohu to bench to cover .
1 RTS.
2 DWZ
3 Berry
4 Ali
5 Monty
6 Taine
7 SJ
8 AFB
9 Egan
10 MAiuu
11 Laban
12 Ford
13 CNK
Bench Ale Barnett Walker Tohu.

What do you reckon.Would take a while to settle in but we dont have the guys to step up so positional changes is the only option

Once again, I’ve calmed down a little and skimmed through the knights game again. It’s as clear as day that changes need to be made. But with injuries there’s not much that can happen and maybe unfair to some players. It is what it is.

Top 4 is gone but top 8 is still a chance.

So……
1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Pompey
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. Johnson

8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Ale
11. Ford
12. Barnett
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Afoa
16. Zyon Maiu’u
17. Laban/Someone who is actually going to be used.

The time for 4th man bench cover is over. We’re all in, this is it.

I’d move RTS to the right centre. He played most of his footy at fullback or on the right wing. SJ being a fair superior half than TMM should be able to unlock him better. Unfair on Berry, it is what it is.

Pompey comes in at left centre. TMM, Ford, Pompey and Montoya is last years left edge, surely they click better.

I’d like to start Bunty, but I’ve gone with Ale. Walker and Afoa come on at 20min mark. I think Bunty will handle the Roosters bench better than Tom would.

Zyon Maiu’u there for impact/energy.
Laban gives someone a 10-20 spell. Anything, just use that fucking 4th spot.

Last edited:
Lots of big picture questions around if we have the players to play the game Webby wants. I don’t think we do.

A big part of our problem as I see it is there’s no physical threat from either edge without SJ sparking something - which everyone can read and shutdown now.

We have no x-factor on either edge. Berry, Ford, Capewell and TMM lack physicality or dominance (in attack and defence) where you need a mix of game breakers.

RTS isn’t a centre. His strength is his work rate but apart from a step (which doesn’t work in traffic) he offers nothing more than any other centre we have and arguably others will pass the ball. I felt his centre ceiling was low (workhorse rather that fast or powerful) and his potential was only as good as our 6 could unleash him, which isn’t happening. He will be very frustrated.

Walker is another underperforming. Start of last season he was an x-factor game breaker. Since last years big injury, the back end of last year and this year he hasn’t had the same impact. A worry.

If SJ is injured and cant train he needs time off to recover as our whole attack is clunky. We’re sorely missing Niukore, Metcalf and Pompey.

I’ve said before only 1 team in the past 30 has won the comp with a team our age. We’re old and it’s showing. Ali, Laban, etc would have been promoted more in other teams…. Capewell and RTS appear to have been recruitment mistakes.

Agree with all of this. We also need to find out if these next guys can even hack it. In decades gone by, we'd spend years blooding young players only to find out they were rubbish and have to move them on. Katoa is a prime example. I was never a big fan of the big fella, but looking at our 2nd row and Melbourne's I'm starting to see Bellamy's genius.

It was planned, Stace said it at the break. Now we are getting some middles back he's finally getting a spell, much needed.
Except we have a replacement... Ale... Which makes Webby look even dumber considering his bench use.

Ricky Stuart left a bunch of kids on the field and got slaughtered 0-40. The following week they had one of their greatest comebacks ever...

Except we have a replacement... Ale... Which makes Webby look even dumber considering his bench use.

Ricky Stuart left a bunch of kids on the field and got slaughtered 0-40. The following week they had one of their greatest comebacks ever...
Something must be going on with Ale? One stint at just over 15 minutes

Except they put someone more experienced at Fullback replacing one of the kids, and have one of the better packs in the competition. Manly also faded, as they did against us.

I assume our 19 warm up together for NRL. Then if someone goes down in the warm up, the injured guy becomes the 19th man.
Given we named two OBs as 18/19, I don't see why one couldn't play Cup (other than the risk of them being injured during that game, I guess).
18/19 men were Pompey and Taine yesterday. Taine played cup and Pompey was a late switch with Laban who became 18th man

Ali wasn't named in the first grade squad at all this week

18/19 men were Pompey and Taine yesterday. Taine played cup and Pompey was a late switch with Laban who became 18th man

Ali wasn't named in the first grade squad at all this week
Anyone know why Ali didnt play?

Anyone know why Ali didnt play?

Looked further... From NSW Cup team list article on Warriors site

Winger Setu Tu was helped from the field early on with a knee injury which has sidelined him for a yet to be confirmed length of time while hooker-half Paul Roache is following NRL protocols this week after leaving the field in the 65th minute of the contest.

Standoff Ben Farr and prop-second rower Eddie Ieremia were also off the field at different stages being assessed after head knocks but were cleared to go back on while experienced NRL centre Adam Pompey, who started in the second row, was another to leave the field. Pompey has recovered to be named on the NRL side’s extended bench this week.

As well as Tu and Roache, centre Ali Leiataua is out this week resulting in Moala Graham-Taufa returning to start in the centres with 18-year-old Motu Pasikala named as Tu’s replacement. The rest of the backline listed is the same as the one that started against Penrith.

Seems to be non-injury related..? Weird that they haven't specified.

Winger Setu Tu was helped from the field early on with a knee injury which has sidelined him for a yet to be confirmed length of time while hooker-half Paul Roache is following NRL protocols this week after leaving the field in the 65th minute of the contest.

Standoff Ben Farr and prop-second rower Eddie Ieremia were also off the field at different stages being assessed after head knocks but were cleared to go back on while experienced NRL centre Adam Pompey, who started in the second row, was another to leave the field. Pompey has recovered to be named on the NRL side’s extended bench this week.

As well as Tu and Roache, centre Ali Leiataua is out this week resulting in Moala Graham-Taufa returning to start in the centres with 18-year-old Motu Pasikala named as Tu’s replacement. The rest of the backline listed is the same as the one that started against Penrith.

Yeah I specifically watched the Cup to look at his form and was wondering why he wasn't there.
Seems odd alright.
Thanks Billy

Moala Graham Taufa only returned in that game after there were no reports of injury when he was out?

Has Pompey been playing quite a bit in the second row in Reggie's? I was thinking with how bland our second rowers are he might be a good bet on the fringe. Him and Laban would offer a point of difference which we really need.

Capewell and Ford offer next to nothing with ball in hand. Can't have them both playing big mins. We need more attacking threats so Ali in for Montoya who I think has run out of chances. Gotta try someone else at 6 too, I like the Taine idea.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Ali
5. RTS
6. Taine
7. SJ

8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Bunty
11. Pompey
12. Laban
13. Tohu - playing 50 to 60 mins max

14. Walker
15. Barnett
16. Ale
17. Ford

Gotta shake things up a bit....this won't happen I'm almost sure, but hey it is pick your team not Webby's

I've tried to refrain from coming on here after that loss, and there's loads of things we need to fix and improve, but man I've been pretty shocked at Webbys benchs lately.

Of course Webby didn't know Capewell would go down, but to remove a forward off of the bench for a back, with the rain and weather like that has been madness.

Also, with all of our injuries were asking our key players like Barnett, Tohu and Addin to play biiiig minutes while Ale, Laban and Bunty all share fuck all really has me scratching my head.

It probably wouldn't have made us win, but having Laban replace Capewell and then still having Barnett in the front row rotation probably would have had us more fresh in those
last 20.

Back