Roosters

Kickoff In:

Allianz Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
16:00

Warriors

Team Lists

What's happening is our starters are playing way too many minutes. We get a bunch of penalties or 6 against against us in the first 20 and we have no one left on the bench to counter that loss of energy. Once the tank is low, we have no ability to attack.
We have lost our position as a top side so the refs will ping us for everything. Just like old times.
Sort this fucking bench out.

Watching the Roosters game last week and after the game their outside backs we're just chatting together, what struck me is just how tall these guys are! Joey Manu, Joseph Sua'ali'i, Dominic Young, then add Daniel Tupou into the mix....all 6 foot four to 6 foot six......fucking land of the giants! Talk about having strike in your backline......doesnt seem fair.

Watching the Roosters game last week and after the game their outside backs we're just chatting together, what struck me is just how tall these guys are! Joey Manu, Joseph Sua'ali'i, Dominic Young, then add Daniel Tupou into the mix....all 6 foot four to 6 foot six......fucking land of the giants! Talk about having strike in your backline......doesnt seem fair.
We do have our share of midgets in which a giant of a player 30 years ago is now considered small. But yes, isn't Dom Young hovering around 2metres?

Anyway Montoya marked him well in our 1st round final last season

Lot of emotion in this one for the roosters in JWH’s 300th and a return for Leniu. I reckon they won’t be able to reign it in and get penalised to the max by Kasey Badger

I really hope Ford reverts back to the left & Laban makes the 17 as I can't imagine Barnett goes 80 there. If Barnett stays on the left & we run 1-17 then if he needs a spell we have Pompey at left edge (in a new position) & Ford (2 games into a new role) on the right.
The whole experiment of Ford to the right is just so odd. NSW Cup highlights, into NRL highlights, have Ford solely as a left sided player when playing Second Row.
I can't recall seeing Laban on the left edge until a fortnight ago either.
Maybe I'm over thinking it, maybe Andrew Webster is over thinking it, or maybe it pays off & I'll enjoy some humble pie

We’re fucked, chuck the young bucks in.
Our old men dont stand a chance.
Everyone saying we need experience for this big game isn’t the answer. Look at their bench for example, Whyte, May and Leniu all young boys rippin and tearing

Last edited:
Except the Dragons game our defence has been solid and we dominate field position every game. ill disclipline and a lack of punch in the red zone has let us down so far.

Hopefully players gel a bit as Walker gets back into the swing of things and Martin can show a bit more than what he’s done so far. Websters shown a lot of loyalty, it’s on those players to deliver.

Lot of emotion in this one for the roosters in JWH’s 300th and a return for Leniu. I reckon they won’t be able to reign it in and get penalised to the max by Kasey Badger
Let's be real here. It's more plausible we get pinged all game so the Rorters can run away with it (not that they will need the leg up!).

We give these fullas easy territory with piggy back penalties out of their own half then I fear a cricket score will get put on us. They've got a backline that know what to do when they are at the right end of the park.

We’re fucked, chuck the young bucks in.
Our old men dont stand a chance.
Everyone saying we need experience for this big game isn’t the answer. Look at their bench for example, Whyte, May and Leniu all young boys rippin and tearing
My rippin and tearing days are over! All I got is you guys 🤣 Anyone up for a nice game of cribbage? 🤣

So just saw Matty Jones podcast, the second to last play Egan long no look pass to SJ, held his man, Ford decoy held his, Charnz had a 3 on 2 with their winger panicking, and Charnz took the tackle 🤣🤦‍♂️. Next play SJ bombed to the in goal, game over

It’s like they panic in the last 10 minutes again, couldn’t score vs Titans on the goal line and again vs Knights

First time this happened would be that game in the wet vs Roosters last year, red zone attack all day with no results.

Quite amusing as crap as they’ve been playing they still get handed points on the plate, but managed to fumble it most of the time

That could very well happen...

However, the way we leak points and our inability to score is going to be a real issue.

They beat us twice last year in tight games. Don't see how we can match them in this one

So just saw Matty Jones podcast, the second to last play Egan long no look pass to SJ, held his man, Ford decoy held his, Charnz had a 3 on 2 with their winger panicking, and Charnz took the tackle 🤣🤦‍♂️. Next play SJ bombed to the in goal, game over

It’s like they panic in the last 10 minutes again, couldn’t score vs Titans on the goal line and again vs Knights

First time this happened would be that game in the wet vs Roosters last year, red zone attack all day with no results.

Quite amusing as crap as they’ve been playing they still get handed points on the plate, but managed to fumble it most of the time
We are probably worse off from a confidence perspective attacking wise than a team that can't get down the field as well.

Because we spend so much time down in the red zone running the same plays that appear to have been figured out defensively. If you keep being turned away running these same plays, it has to eventually put the seed of doubt into your mind. These plays happen in the blink of an eye, so if the confidence isn't quite there and the right opportunity presents itself you second guess yourself and don't make the play.

The basic mistakes and lack of discipline fall on the players. But if as fans we can sit there watching and know just about the exact set we will run and shapes we will throw. Then I think it goes without saying that NRL coaches can easily see and defend it also which is what we have seen the past three weeks. This is on the coaching staff and they need to show they can adapt and put some variation into the attack.

Could've kept Siro and Curran you'd think. Would be quite different with Currans energy off the bench, or replacing ford as a starter. TBF to Capewah i think hes been hurt basically all year
I believe Curran wanted to return to Sydney and somehow it was stated that Webby wanted Sironen but had cap pressure. If that is correct as was said last year or posted = then all this talk of past players being here and whether Webby has made a mistake is irrelevant. The squad we have is the one we have and only AFB, SJ and Egan are probably playing regularly to the level of last year…. So two of our bench players would not be having as
Great as impact as last season. If Marata was fit = maybe we win at least 6 of our games already.

Also, as bad as we have been in some games - if we are given that penalty try v Newcastle and go to the break one try up in those conditions - we most likely win. Against the Titans, the no try to RTS from the smallest dummy half knock on and then the Berry no try when it appeared if the ball hit Dallin’s arm - it went backwards anyway - we win. IF we were sitting here with those 2 wins alone = we could acknowledge the poor form but have banked 4 more valuable points - and feeling slightly more upbeat.

I understand thaT the current teams lack changes, but throwing in 3-4 changes including positional changes is a
Against Webbys message that if we follow the plan and execute with good discipline - then we will win more than we lose. We haven’t been doing either of those things. No need to throw our young inexperienced players to the wolves vs the Roosters, Panthers and Storm. 3 of our next 4 games. The other is the Dolphins who are in the top 4 too.
With our next month looking a concern with the teams we are playing. 4 of the top 5 teams …..we might not win any but still have a chance on 7th or 8th if we have a run through and after origin. Other teams look awful for a few weeks and turn it around and shock a team or two (usually us) …so why can’t we do that now!

Webby is still our guy and this is still our team to support! The forum is a tougher read. Great expectations after last year have really got to us. Added to that some teams have played their best games against us this season. The sharks, Titans and Newcastle without Ponga Have all been close to their best when beating us. this is down to the success we had last year and other teams making sure they are emotionally up for these games which may not have been the case. Last year. The same thing happened to North Queensland Cowboys last year and I was here trying not to listen to journalist and ex-players say that they did fear that for the Warriors. I still back our team and if we lose our next four - I still back our team - not to win the comp this year but they will always have my support. Would I want to see some more changes yes but that doesn’t mean that I think Webby found out or past it. Some other teams paramatta eels and Brad Arthur at times the roosters with Trent Robinson, North Queensland making the top four and then doing nothing the following season…. unfortunately these are quite common trends in the NRL. None of those coaches were thrown out. Stay the course!

Last edited:
That could very well happen...

However, the way we leak points and our inability to score is going to be a real issue.

They beat us twice last year in tight games. Don't see how we can match them in this one
Really shows we don’t know what to expect. Last week you made a comment that with the game model we’re playing, the wetter the better as far as conditions go after struggling last year in wet weather. That wasn’t the case at the weekend. I’ve got no idea either if this will eventuate, what you responded to in JWH’s 300th but I believe we’ll aim up in this one accepting the challenge. Will take a lot to go right and need defence to stand up but I think an ambush is coming. A week together in each other’s pockets to bond and be honest about what’s going wrong and roosters full strength, we’ve got nothing to lose. Think we need to break down these three games to the bye and accept the challenge

I thought Cronks point was particulary releveant to our attack.

Slow and powerless runs through the ruck leading up to when we pull the trigger is leading on to our shifts being so easy to defend. One out hit ups with no dynamism or power, no compressing of the defence, and then its give it to Shaun to see if he can find Dallin our only option.

While i agree we need more variation through our kicking game and a genuine left sided shaped attack, first and foremost we need to be winning the ruck through fast play the ball, or dragging in multiple defenders so theres space for our multiple lead runner based attack to be effective.......somewhere along this season for whatever reason we've lost that.......Addin apart our front row rotation seems pretty toothless in this regard, and its compounded imo by a very vanilla 2nd row.

Back