Roosters

Kickoff In:

Allianz Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
16:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Getting Badger is just insult to injury...expect her to have a nightmare of a game after last weeks debacle, she will absolutely shit the bed and lose control, sin bin half a dozen warriors and no roosters and lag a play behind the game the entire time, then look utterly defeated by the final whistle.

The tigers vs dogs effort was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Getting Badger is just insult to injury...expect her to have a nightmare of a game after last weeks debacle, she will absolutely shit the bed and lose control, sin bin half a dozen warriors and no roosters and lag a play behind the game the entire time, then look utterly defeated by the final whistle.

The tigers vs dogs effort was like watching a car crash in slow motion.
I think it was something like 5 challenges and 5 successful

It's at the point where wouldn't mind seeing Taine at 5/8 probably wont work out but it's worth a punt.

Also wouldn't be against dropping Berry, his defence has been shocking lately and not offering anything on attack, could probably do with a spell and give Ali a shot at first grade again.

No point play Pompey as backs cover, surely Walker could cover if required so Lussick might be the better bet there as Egan is a chance to go down on any given week as we really dont have any back up there.

Think I’m gonna check the full time score before watching this one. they haven’t had their come to Jesus moment yet. They should’ve/could’ve won in the last 2 minutes the last 2 weeks, juuuust enough there to say it could be turned around.
This may be an upsetting post for some fans so no flames please, but it is likely in the best interests of the club and Andrew Webster's development that we lose the next two or even three games so that he hits rock bottom and learns to drop players.

This may be an upsetting post for some fans so no flames please, but it is likely in the best interests of the club and Andrew Webster's development that we lose the next two or even three games so that he hits rock bottom and learns to drop players.
You are right
I reckon Cam George and Robbie will be giving him some pointers in a couple of weeks

You make a fair point. But the thing is any logical coach would already know that some players are not performing and should be dropped earlier. Some people only respond when they hit rock bottom. I fear losing more games will dent our confidence even more. I know we are not the coach and players just fans on a keyboard but we can all see what needs to be done, just not the damn coach.

Why would you drop Berry?
Cause you spend too much time listening to the Waffle podcast? Haha.
Plenty of times in the past I have been pro dropping players. But based on our performances and injury list I would much rather keep it as is. If Capewell was fit I would push for a x factor backrower on the bench but that's it. If people think Pompey, Kosi, Taine or bailing on the Roger at centre idea is the solution then I am lost for words...

Commonsense brought it up here.

But, Rocco hasn't done well on defense. Those bombs for him to chase, he's like 2-3 meters away at the moment. And he provides very little on attack due to his lack of speed.

He's going to be a journeyman center. I want to see more x factor. Bring on Ali.
Ali has poor defensive reads in Cup but will develop.
People see his highlights and think it will automatically translate to first grade. Berry has those highlights too. Regardless, I am pretty sure Ali is injured or something is up as he isn't named anywhere this week.

Interesting view but wouldn't it be in the best interests of the club to win the games to climb back into the top 8 and get the season back on track?

I don't know the states, but which team is the most willing to not only blood youngesters but also keep them in the team.

Broncos and Raiders doing a good job of it at the moment.

edit: I know that Rocco is young too

I don't know the states, but which team is the most willing to not only blood youngesters but also keep them in the team.

Broncos and Raiders doing a good job of it at the moment.

edit: I know that Rocco is young too
The difference is they have had fully functioning reserve grade teams for years and Brisbane in particular have one of (if not the) best nurseries in Rugby League. Our youngsters don't have the foundations these blokes have.

The difference is they have had fully functioning reserve grade teams for years and Brisbane in particular have one of (if not the) best nurseries in Rugby League. Our youngsters don't have the foundations these blokes have.
We won u20 in 2010, 2011, 2014

How many of those players had really good goes in our team? We had amazing talent and threw most of them away because we weren't willing to give them chances. Then heaps of them go to other teams and carve up.

Back