Roosters

Kickoff In:

Allianz Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
16:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Perhaps his awesomeness is suffering from age? Dunno but he hasn't clicked yet and nor has our team
Maybe people need to adjust their expectations and realize he is playing in a struggling team yet people on here seem to expect him to break the line every time he touches the ball.

He isn't going that bad, if he was playing in last years team he would be going a lot better.

He is playing a heck of a lot better than Berry who is letting in and bombing tries left right and centre, yet is immune to criticism.

Maybe people need to adjust their expectations and realize he is playing in a struggling team yet people on here seem to expect him to break the line every time he touches the ball.

He isn't going that bad, if he was playing in last years team he would be going a lot better.

He is playing a heck of a lot better than Berry who is letting in and bombing tries left right and centre, yet is immune to criticism.
Nah. Expectations of an outstanding player should be that he plays outstanding rugby league. I'm not convinced he's THE reason for our current lack of form either. I love the bloke. Berry...... he's done good but if Webby drops him, he'd also need to drop others at the same time for the same reasons.

One last point. Whether I'm wrong or right or wrong and right or right and right or wrong and wrong I'd like us to win this game.

I thought Cronks point was particulary releveant to our attack.

Slow and powerless runs through the ruck leading up to when we pull the trigger is leading on to our shifts being so easy to defend. One out hit ups with no dynamism or power, no compressing of the defence, and then its give it to Shaun to see if he can find Dallin our only option.

While i agree we need more variation through our kicking game and a genuine left sided shaped attack, first and foremost we need to be winning the ruck through fast play the ball, or dragging in multiple defenders so theres space for our multiple lead runner based attack to be effective.......somewhere along this season for whatever reason we've lost that.......Addin apart our front row rotation seems pretty toothless in this regard, and its compounded imo by a very vanilla 2nd row.

I missed that Cronk analysis.

Makes sense.

Last year we had at least one forward running decoys on every play. And at our best we had two spare forwards running decoys for the player who would receive the ball.

This is the issue I have with Rogers input, his 'roving role' it breaks from our structured forwards in motion making defences hang off the lead hit up man and or hanging off the Dummy half a split second here and there.

This is not all Rogers fault. A large part of it is losing our preferred NRL veteran bench forwards. Guys like Jazz, Bunty, Marata, Walker, were running those off the ball decoys because they had the fitness and experience, the work ethic to get our pack putting questions in the minds of the defence.

This is why I believe Monty Betham's comment about there not being too much to fix with the Warriors is an oversimplification.

I believe he is partly right, in that there is only a small tweak needed to our execution and effort areas of the game, we are perhaps only ten percent improvement away from winning more than we lose.

But where Monty undersells the issue, is that the ten percent as I call it, is missing in every single metric of our game plan (barring Adam Fonua Blakes consistency - the exception that proves the rule).

Tis like we have multiple engine systems failure, minor failure, but in every operational part of our matrix.

That then points the finger at the players first, they are parts of the whole that are a minor percentage point off, they by definition are the deliverers of performance (when performance is functionally missing in small areas, but multiple).

I think when Webster has his preferred bench back by in large, that they will hold the momentum of games enough that the wins will come, confidence will build, the players as individuals will improve in small gains, but collectively that individual performance growth will see Marked improvement in team performance.

Excuse the waffle Human resources speak. But if you read through these threads this season, one is left with the clear impressions that there are lots of things wrong. I said before that this gives me heart, when you are losing and have lots of issues, it means there is a fix.

I do not believe our players are too old, too slow, lacking talent to compete in this competition. We might not have all the best players and a cheating Salary cap line up like the Broncos Penrith and Roosters Storm etc....but we have enough on paper to give them a hard time and keep all us fans happy.

I will watch tomorrows game against a Juggernaut hoping to see us start to click, beginning with our defence, and come away happy win or lose. Then we play the best team of the current era a week later, and again a loss would be ok if the improvements grow a little, week on week from here.

If the warriors can upset the Roosters & the Panthers it puts them back in the comp. as it is so tight.
Baffling.

We couldn't beat a Ponga-less Knights or the winless Titans but people think we can upset the rampaging Roosters AND the Panthers. When was the last time we beat either of those teams, let alone both in a season?

Hope is one hell of a drug I must admit.

Last edited:
Baffling.

We couldn't beat a Ponga-less Knights or the winless Titans but people think we can upset the rampaging Roosters AND the Panthers. When was the last time we beat either of those teams, let alone both in a season?

Hope is one hell of a drug I just admit.
We're using Hope and Denial - our version of the Red Bull and Sleeping Pills combo and like that combo it's damn effective and makes it harder for anyone to detect that we're druggies...

Last edited:
Back