14 Izayah MAIPI-DRAYTON14 Psalms IOSUA
15 Emperor TANGATA-TEREKIA15 Sam Junior TOKO
16 Hone SKINNER16 Roko BILISH
17 Te Uerangi WALKER17 Reefton ADAMS
18 Devontae TE MONI-RUA18 Poherau RAUTU-RATIMA
Coach Tamainua HUIRAMACoach Fletcher BUTLER

2023 NATIONAL BOYS YOUTH TOURNAMENT: DAY 2 & SEMI-FINALS WRAPPED UP​

28th September

The highly anticipated 2023 NZRL National Boys Youth Tournament has been full-on, as teams of the best young men from throughout the country have battled for victory on the field. This year has seen an expansion as the Coastline, Bay of Plenty, and Waikato Districts entered the tournament. Day one saw some thrilling pool games, and day two produced closely-contested semi-finals across both 16s and 18s age-grades, with Grand Finals now set to be played tomorrow.

Semi-Final 2 – Waikato v Akarana Falcons

Final score: Waikato 22-14

Akarana were the first to put points on the board after #12 Quinn Opuariki crossed for a try. Not to be outdone, the young men from the Waikato returned with some fiery attack to score twice and put them in the lead before halftime, 10-4. An intense second half saw the Aucklanders strike back, scoring quickly after kick-off to equalise. The two sides continued to battle going try for try, but ultimately it was Waikato who came out victorious 22-14. Waikato #9 Turama Paranihi finished with a double that helped his team take the win.

Turama Paranihi | Sport​

IMG_1402.jpeg

Ko Aorangi te maunga. Ko Wairarapa te moana. Ko Kohunui te marae. Ko Ngāti Hinewaka te hapū. Ko Ngāti Kahungunu te iwi. Ko Tūrama Paranihi tōku ingoa.

Kia ora. I am a hardworking and motivated individual who strives for excellence in all aspects of my sporting endeavours. While I’ve also participated and excelled in other sports such as touch and ki-o-rahi, rugby league is the sport in which I aspire to excel. I’ve been playing league since I was five years old, exclusively representing the Hukanui Rugby League Club, which my entire whānau is deeply involved with. I come from a family with a strong rugby league background, with brothers and cousins who have all earned spots on representative teams. Family values are of utmost importance to me, and I uphold these values when I’m part of a team. Outside of sports, I enjoy spending my time riding motorbikes and hunting.

Back