Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Just having a read in their forum- apparently he’s in the leadership group and captained them in the trials last year.
It’s funny reading there- they all want to keep him then news break’s we’re offering 700,000+ and it’s all- see ya later big fella 👋 :ROFLMAO:
See ya later Ads, we got our man and saved $300K, sucked in sharkies!

What other props running around are currently on $730k

Where does he fit in the dollar ranking?

As per the 2023 rich list- there were a few middles around that mark.

IMG_4163.jpeg

See ya later Ads, we got our man and saved $300K, sucked in sharkies!
I was thinking what would we look to use the remainder for? With most positions having fairly good depth, I guess it would depend on SJ playing on and if not we put it towards a halfback? Prop still looks the spot we could strengthen, perhaps we upgrade young guys or put that money with someone like Jazz’s money and chase another prop?

I was thinking what would we look to use the remainder for? With most positions having fairly good depth, I guess it would depend on SJ playing on and if not we put it towards a halfback? Prop still looks the spot we could strengthen, perhaps we upgrade young guys or put that money with someone like Jazz’s money and chase another prop?
Leaves us in a handy position if someone like big Griff Neame suddenly gets homesick (albeit for Auckland, where he's never lived).

I mean we are in 2024 and hyperinflation era, check how much a freaking pie cost these days, $2.2M would probably be more like 800, 750, 650 respectively for 2025-2027

And that’s on average $450 less than AFB, so probably room to get another prop or contribute to SJ’s solid replacement especially if we are letting Jazz go too (he’s on 450-550?)

Like others said that’s life and reality is who else is off contract can we get? May, Neame etc are wet dreams and Saifiti resigned, BHU is a kiwi so he probably wants to be here no compassion release issues here and who knows what Webby can do with him? Pretty experienced pack to guide the pack of young guns for the next 3-4 years

Does his wife sell cakes? That could be a dealbreaker

And honestly 2025 could just be rebuild anyway lol, you probably groom your Zyons, Ales, Sifakula, Halaimias etc with these veterans (Capewell, BHU, Tohu/Marat/) and when they retire you use their money to buy gun props to team up with the youngsters mentioned who’d all have had 70 games+ and ready for another premiership run. They should plan to swoop up elite players to come here in 2028

He could play prop in the meantime until Tohu retires or play Tohu at prop for him to play lock in 2025. Tohu just seems too valuable at lock to do that though.
He’ll be playing right second row(Johnson’s side) by seasons end I think, taking over Ford.

He could play prop in the meantime until Tohu retires or play Tohu at prop for him to play lock in 2025. Tohu just seems too valuable at lock to do that though.

Tohu plays the same whether he's 13 or 10 so no prob there.

These days middles are middles So you're not wrong about that.

I tend to think that for 2024 Tevaga is more at risk. We'll see how Tohu's body holds up but he might not be a week in, week out 80 minute player every week.

And honestly 2025 could just be rebuild anyway lol, you probably groom your Zyons, Ales, Sifakula, Halaimias etc with these veterans (Capewell, BHU, Tohu/Marat/) and when they retire you use their money to buy gun props to team up with the youngsters mentioned who’d all have had 70 games+ and ready for another premiership run. They should plan to swoop up elite players to come here in 2028
If SJ’s retired with TMM & CHT our halves & BHU is our forward leader then 100% we’re in a rebuild.

Hope we sign BHU. Just for the drama it will cause on here alone. Some people are ready to jump off a bridge if we do lol.
Pass on Terrell May, I've heard he is a Charlie Uniform November Tango off the field. Cos he didn't choose the thuglife. Thuglife chose him type of guy apparently.
Haha love it when the thug life chooses a highly paid professional league player. I mean what other option does he have in life 🤣🤣