Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Totally the club has duty of care especially with the Titmuss tragedy.

The Topine case is different, he was disciplined for something whether it was correct or not who knows.

As ex players have come and said this happens all the time at every club, ours would be no different.

But if Topine wins this case it would set a precedent where there might no be a game in 10 years. Extreme I know but some players looking for pay days will pull this card.
I see Trent Robinson has come out in support of the trainer. I’ve kept an eye on the threads regarding this situation on the bulldogs forums and they’ve been scathing, first of RFM now Topine is getting the brunt of it. What I’ve noticed on there though is a few posters who claim to know a bit more than others and have always maintained that once details come out, it’s not going to paint the bulldogs organisation in a good light? Personally got no idea, just what I’ve seen. There were a few who raised concerns in RFM, Braidon Burns, Jayden Okunbar, Nu Brown and shifted on. Burns was picked up by his club the rabbits pretty quickly and any Brown is at the dragons after playing for Flanagan at the sharks years ago, you’d imagine their old clubs or coaches wouldn’t be interested if there was a history of this?

Last edited:
I see Trent Robinson has come out in support of the trainer. I’ve kept an eye on the threads regarding this situation on the bulldogs forums and they’ve been scathing, first of RFM now Topine is getting the brunt of it. What I’ve noticed on there though is a few posters who claim to know a bit more than others and have always maintained that once details come out, it’s not going to paint the bulldogs organisation in a good light? Personally got no idea, just what I’ve seen
🤣 Trent Robinson would defend Charles Manson!

Have to look deeper into psychology. Jett is obviously living partly in his fathers, but also most definitely his brothers shadow. That can have an effect on a young man, trying to find his place. Distancing himself physically therefore mentally, maybe a sign of him trying to do things on his own. Winning prems with the Warriors would definitely define him.

The training thing, not sure the details but this is not high school or military camp for rookies, these are pros and they should be suspended or dropped etc instead of being treated like a teen and shamed lol

Aaron Cruden in his prime missed the bus or flight and was dropped for a few games, imagine making him wrestle 30 All Blacks and make the headlines, yikes

2 decade ago saw the doco with North Harbour where Buck was the coach, he went berserk treating players like s*** and they had a long losing streak, when he gave in and started being more professional they started winning

Screenshot_2024-04-25-23-54-13-88_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Would have been a handy pickup

Wonder if there was any truth to us looking at a player from a Sydney team? If we were to keep Niukore as a middle forward, I think Angus Chrichton is someone we should look at for an edge and can play a bit in the middle. Off contract at the end of the year and looks to have gotten over the bad effects of magic mushrooms and playing well, travelled with CHT too amongst others. Came out the other day and said he’d like test himself outside his comfort zone and open to joining a team that are challenging for a title. Was great yesterday, eels and dragons apparently after his signature