Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I can see why the storm would be having a look at nas output last year (which wasn’t great for him although he did finish with an excellent international campaign) and with the way the game is heading second guessing the investment they’ve made in him.
On the other side of the coin I can see why our management would be looking at him as the best option to fill the afb size hole we need to fill- experienced- big body with an offload who can score a try and probably the most intimidating guy in the game.
I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a middle forward rotation including nas, Marata, Barney, tohu and walker while bleeding in some of the young guys.
From nas’s pov a change might be just what the dr ordered and if his long term plan is to return to nz this is the perfect opportunity.
Could be a win/win/win situation…. He’s probably the best we could hope for.
Was apparently celebrating with the storm singing team song and all so who knows

Was apparently celebrating with the storm singing team song and all so who knows
NAS was on the sideline at the game (in dress gear), so I assume that means he didn't play Q Cup this week. He walked over to say hi to Stacey prior to our boys running out for the warm up, and had a bit of a chat to some of the boys (SJ, Walker) after the game when shaking hands. Can't really read anything into that, but after reading this thread you do wonder if they were saying "see you at training next week, bro!" haha.

IMG_4418.jpeg

Doesn’t sound too flash….

Hooker Freddy Lussick has been signed on a new two-year contract locking him in with the One New Zealand Warriors until the end of the 2026 NRL

Needs improvement in service, thought I read he was super fit which shows dedication.

Plus he’s happy to stay NZ and knows the boys and the systems. Assume he’s cheap, so sounds like smart business.

very strange, but he did do well last night.
Crazy that by some reports he only came as apart of a package deal for Volkman whether there’s any truth and Volkman has since departed now Lussick signed for a couple of years. I like the signing but hoping he can cut out the silly penalties he has a tendency to give away