Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Zac Lomax to eels finally for next year at this point on a 4 year deal at about $650 a season. Interesting some on the eels forum feel that Wiremu Greig is on the outer. Not completely sold on him but would love to see the club start to make some moves to securing what direction of player or players we’re using to fill the void of losing AFB
I am of the same opinion about Greig.Seems like a bit of a goer who could excel in a good team environment.
Dont know about off field tho .Will he pass the sniff test.

The bro Wiremu would be a 'Warriors of old' signing target. Don't think he would suit the culture under Webby. He'd be like Maggi two minute noodles; the worst kind like beef flavour not chicken. Good in small doses but will leave you wanting more! We need some Mi Goreng up in this bitch! 2026 we go all out and land the alpha prop we need. Bit harsh on the bro as I do rate him as a role player (got carried away with the gastronomy analogy) and actually advocated his signing in a post last year, however my train of thought then was that he would be a good addition to compliment AFB and our current propping options, however, it's a different story with AFB leaving now.

I'd like us to look at signing a quality winger. Bailey Simonsson or Semi Valemei would both be worth some enquiries for next year.

Last edited:
Winger and Prop are my biggest wants for us. Prop obviously because of AFB moving on.

Winger because Montoya is such a non threat right now that RTS is being marked by his centre opponent and the winger jamming in. Need someone outside him he believes in more and who will hold that winger
I love Montoya but if we had a bit more pace on the wing on that side I think we would be a bit more potent.

Winger and Prop are my biggest wants for us. Prop obviously because of AFB moving on.

Winger because Montoya is such a non threat right now that RTS is being marked by his centre opponent and the winger jamming in. Need someone outside him he believes in more and who will hold that winger
I doubt we’ll make any winger signings this offseason but Bailey Simonson could be worth a look. Wouldn’t command a massive salary and would be a straight swap for Montoya.

He has played at centre the last three games and in Round 1 and 2. Only one game at wing so far this season
Listed as a winger but like Montoya they could be setting him up to play centre and wing? Has put up some good numbers so far this year with 4 tries in 6 games. Quiet game yesterday but perhaps Roache at halfback where he hasn’t been playing had an impact on his performance?

Listed as a winger but like Montoya they could be setting him up to play centre and wing? Has put up some good numbers so far this year with 4 tries in 6 games. Quiet game yesterday but perhaps Roache at halfback where he hasn’t been playing had an impact on his performance?
Listed doesn't mean much, Berry was listed as a fullback when he entered the competition.

I do think Graham-Taufa is far better on the wing but just commenting on what has happened so far with him playing 5/6 games at centre.
Defensively he has had some very poor reads the last few games I have watched.