Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Not biting until something's official. But I'd imagine having Egan Jr and that Hansen boy would make it a bit easier to lure. The kid has all the opportunity to forge his own path and legacy

I didn't realize he was only 17. Likely won't see any FG until he's 20 or so, unless he's even better than initially thought and he debuts earlier, but I would absolutely be getting a bunch of those aussie boys together - Tallin Eagen, Jett and Hanson and Luke Hanson. If we could get them to gel and become best mates, we could be seeing our 'big 3' that we build the club around. If things went well they could be the crux of our spine from about 2028 through to the early 2040's, which is pretty crazy to say.

Sell them the dream Webby and co.!

I didn't realize he was only 17. Likely won't see any FG until he's 20 or so, unless he's even better than initially thought and he debuts earlier, but I would absolutely be getting a bunch of those aussie boys together - Tallin Eagen, Jett and Hanson and Luke Hanson. If we could get them to gel and become best mates, we could be seeing our 'big 3' that we build the club around. If things went well they could be the crux of our spine from about 2028 through to the early 2040's, which is pretty crazy to say.

Sell them the dream Webby and co.!
Especially spine players have a better grounding coming thru the OZ system IMO.

Hopefully if he gets paired up with JFH he gets that sting back. In all seriousness though props seem to take longer than other positions to get NRL ready. You have exceptions like Haas but the norm is guys like Toa Sipley. Sipley at 29 looks to be in career best form compared to how he started. Hoping it doesn't take that long for Zyon Maiu’u. We in this forum tend to bag young players if they start bad but is hardly unusual for young props to struggle initially.
He still probably has a few years of weight to put on, and harden up mentally. He’s already a bull, so I hope he does develop into a great player.

Interesting signing - one would think that has to have Ivan's blessing (which speaks volumes for Webby)...

Soon we'll be "Little Penrith" at the rate we're going. Fish, Egan, Mini Egan, Mini Cleary, Webster...

In a couple of years, we could have a spine 3/4 of which are former Penrith players. Egan, Hansen and Mini Cleary.

Good signing but i think we should temper our expectations. He is pretty young and still a fair bit away from reserve grade let alone making it to first grade.

Nathan recently did an interview where he spoke about Jett. Was mentioning that he doesnt try to give him too much advice and wants him to be himself. Also spoke about that the level Jett plays at, they arent so much strategical i.e. looking at numbers on sides of the fields but rather what they have been conditioned to do. Fair enough as its at a few rungs below NRL standard.

Would be awesome for him to develop into a first grader here and develop into a decent player and can play against his bro and dad.