Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Sitili Tupouniua has been given permission by the Roosters to talk with rival clubs. I reckon he would be a value signing knowing how fragile Capewell is. At only 26, he still has his best footy ahead of him and I saw glimpses of that over the past few seasons where he was a common starter for the chooks.
He’s supposedly on $650k a season and signed until 2027. You’d have to imagine roosters would be paying freight on him? I think if they chipped in and we got him for $450-$500k a season, that could be a good signing

He was looking killer before his ACL, since he came back has had a few concussion issues also.

This year tbh he has been pretty kaka, if he's not missing tackles or misreading defensive plays, then he is dropping the ball.

Can see why they are going to lock in Angus and pay some freight to get rid of Sitili.
See him as a player in the physical nature like Niukore, though not the same size and stature. Don’t think it’s any coincidence SJ hasn’t had the same form since Niukore hasn’t been his bodyguard this year and if Niukore does in fact go to the middle permanently, Tupouniua is the sort of physical guy I’d be looking at. Hasn’t quite shown the same form as early in his contract that saw him paid good money, but plenty of players have grown under Webster since leaving their old clubs. One area that could be a concern would be the buy in and attitude and training, though I don’t know if he’s poor in these areas? Not all over anyway with Chrichton a chance of leaving that would see Tupouniua stay.
Knights, Dragons, Tigers, Titans, South’s all interested in both players (attempting to sign at least one).

Tobias Crosby. Anyone seen the YouTube footage on this kid? Playing off the bench in Cup this weekend. His 1st season in league after turning up at a Warriors open trial last year. Just 19 yrs old. School boy rugby stand out as #8. He’s listed at 6’1 and playing prop. Looks to have speed, good hands and even a legit kicking game. Could be a good one

Tobias Crosby. Anyone seen the YouTube footage on this kid? Playing off the bench in Cup this weekend. His 1st season in league after turning up at a Warriors open trial last year. Just 19 yrs old. School boy rugby stand out as #8. He’s listed at 6’1 and playing prop. Looks to have speed, good hands and even a legit kicking game. Could be a good one
I wish skysportnow would have nsw cup. It's weird that I pay for a service for the Warriors and it doesn't include all the grades below.

I want to see these up and comers

I wish skysportnow would have nsw cup. It's weird that I pay for a service for the Warriors and it doesn't include all the grades below.

I want to see these up and comers
You pay for a service for the NRL, not the Warriors.

The NSW Cup magic round is being broadcast on NSWRL TV this weekend.

Jersey Flegg may possibly be on BunniesTV on YouTube, not confirmed though.

Let’s do a deal ( code for player swap) for Hau Tapua at the Sharks for starters. 👌🏾

Back Row! Could be in the Liam Martin mould?

We waste too many smaller guys at prop.

Wrighty

Contributor
Back Row! Could be in the Liam Martin mould?

We waste too many smaller guys at prop.
I would like him to end up in the back row but prop is a better place to learn the game. Less defensive reads. Just straight up defence.
Simplified role on offence as well. This seems to be a carefully considered decision to play him at prop while he is learning.
Still this will be a major milestone getting a cap for the NSW cup side.

I would like him to end up in the back row but prop is a better place to learn the game. Less defensive reads. Just straight up defence.
Simplified role on offence as well. This seems to be a carefully considered decision to play him at prop while he is learning.
Still this will be a major milestone getting a cap for the NSW cup side.
I personally think they should be learning thier most preferred position. If he wants to play prop then fine, start the reps, Especially at cup level.

Wrighty

Contributor
I personally think they should be learning thier most preferred position. If he wants to play prop then fine, start the reps, Especially at cup level.
But he didn't even know league.
When a league player back switches to rugby who is a back they say you should start on the wing and work your way in field.
I see this as happening in reverse. He is a rugby player starting at prop who will evolve into backrow

Who knows bangbros - this is a NZ franchise. Maybe they had a gazillion options for 11 12 and 13 and asked him to be a prop instead. Maybe it just came down to that.

Back