General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
🚨
BREAKING
🚨

Multiple Australian media outlets are reporting that the West Tigers training session was delayed for nearly 2 hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the field.
Training was suspended and the police were called. After a complete analysis, experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was infact the try line.
Training resumed after the police decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again this season.

🚨
BREAKING
🚨

Multiple Australian media outlets are reporting that the West Tigers training session was delayed for nearly 2 hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the field.
Training was suspended and the police were called. After a complete analysis, experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was infact the try line.
Training resumed after the police decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again this season.
Many years ago I was asked to assist a training session for a struggling team in the Gold Coast competition.
I arrived at training and not knowing the guys I asked the guys to take up their usual positions.
To my surprise they all went and stood behind the goal posts.
😉

Will be interesting to see, personally I think Ciraldo is a myth and will be another one of the highly pumped up by the media “next SuperCoach” who ends up on the scrap pile.

Yea he hasn't shown himself in the greatest light. Ivan and Webby seem to be cut from the same cloth in terms of temperament. Ciraldo not so much.

You are the opening the door for the Roger at stand off brigade.
Ive often wondered why centers don’t kick more.
Halves are under a lot of pressure but if u can get it one pass wider the markers can’t get to them.
Also brings the wingers forward.
I go back to the days when we played inside and outside centers and as an inside center I probably kicked once or twice a game I reckon.
I love the idea of running it on 5th with rts having the option to kick.
I reckon it could give us a bit of an edge- no one else is doing it- might see souths utilize it with wighton this year.

Ive often wondered why centers don’t kick more.
Halves are under a lot of pressure but if u can get it one pass wider the markers can’t get to them.
Also brings the wingers forward.
I go back to the days when we played inside and outside centers and as an inside center I probably kicked once or twice a game I reckon.
I love the idea of running it on 5th with rts having the option to kick.
I reckon it could give us a bit of an edge- no one else is doing it- might see souths utilize it with wighton this year.
I used to kick as an inside centre too but that was to avoid being tackled by giant Tongan 2nd rowers in Aranui, I was no RTS though

Ha! Yeah Hampshire street was a daunting away game.
I remember as a kid my mate got tackled and got up asking the ref what to do with the knife he found- there was a farking knife amongst all the potholes :ROFLMAO:
There was one particular bro called Sam Stowers who who used to make a regular habit of breaking every bone in my body back at Aranui High. He's Tanner's uncle or something, I pity the poor fool who has to tackle him.

Reckon they got their own back when u had to go play at their home grounds with the icebox farking changing sheds:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I loved running out with frostbite to tackle 13 year olds with beards for 80 minutes.
Good times.
Those were the days bro, skinny 3rd formers like us running out against a forward pack of bearded behemoths like Moses and his lost tribe from Easter Island

I shat myself many a time on those fields of dreams. I was Aranui speed champ, it's amazing how fast you can run for your life with Sam Stowers after you.

Stephen Crichton might change that whole narrative mate, is a coach only as good as his cattle? X will Tell

View attachment 4978

Generally a good coach improves his players.

Trent Barrett was sold as the best attack coach in the league - their attack stunk.

Ciraldo is supposed to be the best defence coach in the league, their defensive structures stunk.

For what it's worth, I expect Stephen Crichton will be found to be just another above average player as he has been shown to be for Samoa and NSW

Generally a good coach improves his players.

Trent Barrett was sold as the best attack coach in the league - their attack stunk.

Ciraldo is supposed to be the best defence coach in the league, their defensive structures stunk.

For what it's worth, I expect Stephen Crichton will be found to be just another above average player as he has been shown to be for Samoa and NSW
All I care about is if the wahs beat them, i confess I'm afraid of Crichton and Kikau... who knows what they can do to us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back