Votes: 12 9.0%
  • B

Votes: 64 47.8%
  • C

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • F------

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Just re-watched the game and does anyone else think we should have been awarded a penalty for accidental offside when Waddell knocked it on in GP1?

SJ would have had a penalty kick to win the game similar to what happened vs the sharks last year.
I was screaming that at the time haha

Gutted for Jazz, noticed when he got his try and the camera was over on him walking back into position he said to it and everybody at home sorry for last week. Could have been just what he needed for some confidence when he’s trying to earn another contract. Instead he was injured in the very next play

This is the thing I have with people claiming the fix.

The players play to the rules.

Don't like it? Tough shit.

Edit: (Less aggressive reasoning) or change the rules.
That's the Melbourne Storm' coaching team's attitude: Play to the existing rules, push the existing rules as far as we can to suit us until the NRL screams "STOOOOOPP!!"

Loved SJ doing that last night (however intentional his actions were): It's like captains challanging refereeing decisions, I often feel Warriors captains are too polite and shy to go up to the ref every so often and say "Um, what now? I don't get that call!". Obviously doing it too often should get penalized as you're just being an ass, but no harm in doing it no and then...Same with us using previous rulings to put ourselves in positions to get penalties in our favour.

And the NRL have changed a rule because of us: They killed off the McIntyre Finals System after we benefited from it in the 2011 Finals Series(Finished 6th, played 3rd in Finals Week 1 and lost but so did 7th and 8th so we survived to Finals Week 2). Not that I miss it, frankly.

That's the Melbourne Storm' coaching team's attitude: Play to the existing rules, push the existing rules as far as we can to suit us until the NRL screams "STOOOOOPP!!"

Loved SJ doing that last night (however intentional his actions were): It's like captains challanging refereeing decisions, I often feel Warriors captains are too polite and shy to go up to the ref every so often and say "Um, what now? I don't get that call!". Obviously doing it too often should get penalized as you're just being an ass, but no harm in doing it no and then...Same with us using previous rulings to put ourselves in positions to get penalties in our favour.
Tohu was rebuked by the ref last night for not talking to him respectfully

Just watching the replay and remembered SJ’s brother said whenever he does something brilliant he misses the next kick. Crazy that he missed that simple kick by his standards after he got that brilliant try. There could be something to this theory?

Just watching the replay and remembered SJ’s brother said whenever he does something brilliant he misses the next kick. Crazy that he missed that simple kick by his standards after he got that brilliant try. There could be something to this theory?

Too busy celebrating in his head to concentrate

Reactions: CWC
Then why did the sharks get a penalty at kickoff right on full time for a SJ accidental offside when he caught the ball in front of Montoya from the kick off???

I saw an exact penalty again given from kick off earlier this season for the same thing - cant remember which game

Most offsides are awarded penalties
Guess it's what the ref thinks it's accidental.

I don't remember those exact moments you are talking about but from what you have described.
If you catch the ball, that's not accidental. You made a deliberate act.

Tohu was rebuked by the ref last night for not talking to him respectfully
I noticed from last season onwards Tohu found his voice, where as previously and previous captains were almost mute with their interactions with the ref

Tohu may now be known as a bit of a chatter box, questioning refs decisions

I like it

Got that kick at the death v England after his awesome try though! Bit of a better angle for him from the left though.

I agree. To me, Koula always has his eye on the ball which would suggest he's involved in the play making it a deliberate action. It's not like he unintentionally caught the ball. I think what saved Koula was the fact that he was only marginally offside whereas with the SJ one last year he was at least 5 or so meters offside so it looked even more deliberate. It's one of those circumstances that the referee almost always awards a penalty as you mentioned.

Nah not 5m mate

1713053995186.jpeg

guess that’s the difference between a forward pass and deliberate offside. Constructed v unconstructed play.

Not a forward pass but a pass which hit a players hand went forward and was caught by
another team mate. Would have been harsh to give it a penalty though … but not too dissimilar to the Sharks game no? Hit a players hand went marginally forward and caught by a team mate

1713054731066.jpeg

Not a forward pass but a pass which hit a players hand went forward and was caught by
another team mate. Would have been harsh to give it a penalty though … but not too dissimilar to the Sharks game no? Hit a players hand went marginally forward and caught by a team mate

View attachment 6671

I guess the main difference is no one from the opposing team is competing for the ball.. case closed

RTS detractors (myself included) need to reflect and understand that he has been swapped around the backline throughout the season thus far.

Give him consistency and reps in the centre position and he will improve leaps and bounds round by round
To my mind, he did not handle the pressure of his 200th NRL game. I'll forgive him for that. May be too much is made of these milestones.

View attachment 6671

I guess difference is that SJ knew/positioned himself Infront and caught it where as here it’s accidentally knocked forward into a receiving player from errand pass.

CNK was immense as was Barnett. Why does it always look like we play in mud at Mt smart? Everything is so slow and clunky. It’s almost a disadvantage to be home. The surface doesn’t suite our style at all.

Are other surfaces different? All blacks games even when it’s wet still feel fast at eden park for example.
Why does it always rain in Auckland prior (and this time during a game)? Could the NSW Cup game shifted to the other paddock.?

Back